ADVERTISEMENT

How many state titles does your school have?

sway1532

Aug 15, 2011
I'm just curious to see how many state titles your school has won.

I know we have 5 at Albemarle, and I believe Plymouth won only one title last year. It would be nice to see who's been part of the gridiron ...

Truth is 13 and one was not really a state title but wexwent as far as u could go.

Same with Albemarle, we officially have 5 but we got one back in 1956 I believe was the year. We went as far as we could go also..

Anybody. When did we start having state championships?[/QUOT

My friend formerly of CP's said 1A and 4A started in the late 60's. All classifications had state championships in 1972. That is what is know as the start of the modern era of HS football in NC....Thanks Jim....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Maiden has only 1. Somewhere around 1978. Thomasville has probably 6 or 7. Be interesting to know how many WRH , Murphy and Swain has.......

I know WRH has about 3-4. Murphy has 7 as well as Swain...I believe.

Friendly Reminder...
There are 4 roles in athletics....

1. Player

2. Spectator

3. Coach

4. Official

You can only choose one......

I had forgotten that Maiden only got one title under Tom Brown. Hard to believe since they were so dominant in the 80s and 90s.

BTW, I'm pretty sure there's a list of state champions on the NCHSAA Web site.

Just found out that Albemarle has 5 Western NC Championships. 1944,l946,1953,1955 and 1957. Along with our 5 SC gives us 10 Championships.
@btango Sure Webb won in 53,55 and 57. Who won in 44 and 46? Delatta maybe.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT