ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at East Forsyth

Hough is simply a better team. EF has not been as dominate in 4A non-split playoffs. Hough has been beaten by Chambers or MC in 6 of their last 7 playoff losses. The other being RC on the road in a game Hough reasonably could have won. Hough in those losses were playing rematch games with the pressure on them. Now Hough travels on the road with the pressure on EF. EF has not been challenged in a game since September. Giving up 7 points since then. Hough has played a great MC team, a great Chambers team, DF team. Mentally think Hough is better prepared for the type of game this will be.

-Could be wrong, and have been wrong before but with this weeks events, Hough being on the road and not playing MC nor Chambers in a rematch game, and Hough having an outstanding defense they will perform well IMHO. Also we saw this game last year. What has changed that much to favor EF?

Hough has a very talented 9th grader starting at CB, with power 5 offers. I would suggest EF throw at him, and than go at the 10th grader on the other side.
They can try, I guess. Creek had 2 games to try this and got 6 pts total from their O

Dutch Fork may have had 1 or 2 receiving TD's The other 2 were an onside kick return and QB scramble. Hough did pretty well against KC and Chambers. Chambers got 6 pts from a QB run.

Not sure Hough's 1st team D really allowed any other scores this season. What is EF's biggest win this season?

Reactions: Kylar2018
Hough is simply a better team. EF has not been as dominate in 4A non-split playoffs. Hough has been beaten by Chambers or MC in 6 of their last 7 playoff losses. The other being RC on the road in a game Hough reasonably could have won. Hough in those losses were playing rematch games with the pressure on them. Now Hough travels on the road with the pressure on EF. EF has not been challenged in a game since September. Giving up 7 points since then. Hough has played a great MC team, a great Chambers team, DF team. Mentally think Hough is better prepared for the type of game this will be.

-Could be wrong, and have been wrong before but with this weeks events, Hough being on the road and not playing MC nor Chambers in a rematch game, and Hough having an outstanding defense they will perform well IMHO. Also we saw this game last year. What has changed that much to favor EF?
Pretty good rationale. When Hough loses its to Mallard Creek and Chambers in rematches. I think it’s a pickem

Reactions: mrhonda
They can try, I guess. Creek had 2 games to try this and got 6 pts total from their O

Dutch Fork may have had 1 or 2 receiving TD's The other 2 were an onside kick return and QB scramble. Hough did pretty well against KC and Chambers. Chambers got 6 pts from a QB run.

Not sure Hough's 1st team D really allowed any other scores this season. What is EF's biggest win this season?
Our offense was dismal this year. Just couldn't put it together. Last game took 3 shots, got behind the DB'S all 3 times, dropped 2 TD'S and scored on 1. If they don't put anyone over the top, for help. I'm going at them all day. If EF has the defense, I keep hearing the locals talk about. They should be successful stopping Hough. Outside of their kicker, their offense is good. QB for Hough is serviceable, I don't see him touching the field outside of practice at Carolina, and if you match up with them on the line, their running game is average at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warhead1
Creek had chances..their WRs couldn’t catch the rock. I think EF can exploit that. All these games are basically a toss up.

Creek had chances..their WRs couldn’t catch the rock. I think EF can exploit that. All these games are basically a toss up.
Yes, wed did. Definitely had opportunities. IMO! I believe EF defense is pretty good, and their QB will be better than a 10th grader from JV, playing in his 1st Varsity game. I believe he's a Dual threat QB also, which will give Hough problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagles/Trojans13
Our offense was dismal this year. Just couldn't put it together. Last game took 3 shots, got behind the DB'S all 3 times, dropped 2 TD'S and scored on 1. If they don't put anyone over the top, for help. I'm going at them all day. If EF has the defense, I keep hearing the locals talk about. They should be successful stopping Hough. Outside of their kicker, their offense is good. QB for Hough is serviceable, I don't see him touching the field outside of practice at Carolina, and if you match up with them on the line, their running game is average at best.
The same was said last year and the year prior

Should be good game and East hasn't been challenged yet. Hope they play their best game of the year and I don't expect Hough to score more than 17.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
It’s going to be a battle for sure. EF QB Jaylen Raynor should be 4A player of the year.

Just this year:

Passing 168/247 2767 yards 39 TD’s - 2 int’s

Rushing 126 carried 1240 yards 17 TD’s

Most if not all of EF’s have been run clock with Raynor not playing all 4 quarters.

He has also probably had 10+ rushing TD’s called back due to hold penalties - EF Achilles’ heel.

Leads all of NC in total yards at 4007 this year alone.

They also have an incredible wide out - Q’ Brown (headed to Duke) and Jayvontay Conner (headed to Ole Miss). EF has to play clean and reduce penalties.

I’ve not seen Hough play but I’m sure EF needs to be at the top of their game to have a chance.

Ok. How is Hough simply a better team? They haven't played anyone worth a dang either besides MC since Chambers and Chambers didn't make it past the 2nd rd. You keep comparing everyone based on Chambers and MC. Guess what MC didn't have a Varsity QB playing and you still barely beat them.

The pressure is on Hough because if they choke again that window is going to be sealed shut on winning a state Championship. Hough had been known to choke in the playoffs. East Forsyths coaches have been there twice and won. Last year EF Oline was destroyed with injuries. This year they are healthy. No matter how you spin it this is going to be a tough game for Hough.

Everyone keeps asking Who EF has played. 2 teams they absolutely smoked are still playing in the 4A East and 4A West

Last edited:
Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I agree this game is a Pick em. Neither one of these teams has a compelling argument that they are clearly the better team. That's why it was very important these 2 teams met in the playoffs. I just wish there was more on the line like a trip to Chapel Hill

Ok. How is Hough simply a better team? They haven't played anyone worth a dang either besides MC since Chambers and Chambers didn't make it past the 2nd rd. You keep comparing everyone based on Chambers and MC. Guess what MC didn't have a Varsity QB playing and you still barely beat them.

The pressure is on Hough because if they choke again that window is going to be sealed shut on winning a state Championship. Hough had been known to choke in the playoffs. East Forsyths coaches have been there twice and won. Last year EF Oline was destroyed with injuries. This year they are healthy. No matter how you spin it this is going to be a tough game for Hough.

Everyone keeps asking Who EF has played. 2 teams they absolutely smoked are still playing in the 4A East and 4A West
Remember they almost beat Dutch Fork.

I agree with everything you are saying but I do think they have been tested and seen better throughout the season… Dutch Fork,Chambers, and Creek twice. I don’t think people understand how hard it is playing a creek,hough,chambers every single year and then knowing you will see them again round 2 and usually in a west final. And these aren’t week 1 & 2 games when they play either. It’s mid season/end of season when kinks are out. In my opinion that’s the toughest conference in the state… East is a great team and will be ready though! I don’t doubt that at all. I expect the QB to keep leading like he has all year

I’m not saying that hough is better than East by no means! Don’t get it twisted. But as far as competition played I would say hough. But that really doesn’t even matter haha

I think East not being challenged yet may pose a problem, but I also think they have too much firepower for it to matter much. We'll see. I've said it a few times already, a program like EF at the moment should have a wayyyy more challenging non conference schedule.

I think East not being challenged yet may pose a problem, but I also think they have too much firepower for it to matter much. We'll see. I've said it a few times already, a program like EF at the moment should have a wayyyy more challenging non conference schedule.
Non Conf. game with NWG who's still playing. Then Rolesville who at the time was a top 3 team & it was a HUGE game. East left them and the State shocked by the outcome. The only weak team they played NON conf was S. Iredell and when they played they were 3-0. I guess I'm getting at EF has had to prepare for big time games. Their schedule is weak in the middle with Parkland and RJR. Ok well Houghs is weak with Hopewell and W. Cabarrus

Hough played DF literally over 2 months ago and they lost. That game has no effect on these 2 teams and who they are now.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Non Conf. game with NWG who's still playing. Then Rolesville who at the time was a top 3 team & it was a HUGE game. East left them and the State shocked by the outcome. The only weak team they played NON conf was S. Iredell and when they played they were 3-0. I guess I'm getting at EF has had to prepare for big time games. Their schedule is weak in the middle with Parkland and RJR. Ok well Houghs is weak with Hopewell and W. Cabarrus

Hough played DF literally over 2 months ago and they lost. That game has no effect on these 2 teams and who they are now.
I'm not saying those particular match ups weren't a challenge in their own right. I'm just saying the non conference schedule could be and should be MORE challenging... They should be scheduling a Charlotte school or a SC school or something.... Heck, why not Grimsley?

Reactions: btango
Football is a game of match ups.
I'm not saying those particular match ups weren't a challenge in their own right. I'm just saying the non conference schedule could be and should be MORE challenging... They should be scheduling a Charlotte school or a SC school or something.... Heck, why not Grimsley?
They played Grimsley for years. When the conferences were re aligned and Tabor joined the CPC and Northern the Metro they lost their date and couldn't match one up. If you play 3 NON conf games and your Conference (CPC) is normally 5 really good playoff teams why would you go schedule 3 other dominate teams? I think it's all about balance if you're not careful and you don't have depth like some of these really big Charlotte schools you could get to the playoffs with a lot of injuries. Again, I have no problem with EF schedule. NWG is a Top 10 team this season and Rolesville was a top 5 team at the start of the season. they only play 3 Non conf games now if it was like it was 4 years ago and you had 5 Non conference gamed yeah I would like to see a tougher team here or there. Remember back then they played both Page and Grimsley.

They played Grimsley for years. When the conferences were re aligned and Tabor joined the CPC and Northern the Metro they lost their date and couldn't match one up. If you play 3 NON conf games and your Conference (CPC) is normally 5 really good playoff teams why would you go schedule 3 other dominate teams? I think it's all about balance if you're not careful and you don't have depth like some of these really big Charlotte schools you could get to the playoffs with a lot of injuries. Again, I have no problem with EF schedule. NWG is a Top 10 team this season and Rolesville was a top 5 team at the start of the season. they only play 3 Non conf games now if it was like it was 4 years ago and you had 5 Non conference gamed yeah I would like to see a tougher team here or there. Remember back then they played both Page and Grimsley.
It doesn't matter what a team was ranked at the beginning of the season as a baseline to how strong the win was at the end of the season. Also, calling NWG a top 10 team is just flat out inaccurate. NWG beat 2 teams with a winning record all year! Hardly a top 10 effort. Mooresville would handle NWG easily in my opinion. Hough only allowed 78 points against a tougher schedule than EF who allowed 89 points. I do think this will be a very good game, but Hough will win in my opinion.

It doesn't matter what a team was ranked at the beginning of the season as a baseline to how strong the win was at the end of the season. Also, calling NWG a top 10 team is just flat out inaccurate. NWG beat 2 teams with a winning record all year! Hardly a top 10 effort. Mooresville would handle NWG easily in my opinion. Hough only allowed 78 points against a tougher schedule than EF who allowed 89 points. I do think this will be a very good game, but Hough will win in my opinion.
EF's regular season opponents' W-L record was 66-67. Hough's were 78-58. According to most ratings sites, EF hasnt battled anyone close to teams rated near Chambers, Creek, or Dutch Fork. Its great to have a season full of 4th quarter running clocks, but it doesn't prep you for that dog fight in late November. Hough found this out against Chambers in the semi's last season.

EF is very talented and very well coached and may pull it out tomorrow. I'm picking Hough based on them bringing a defense that will be much tougher than anything EF has seen this season. I also think Hough's special teams will be a difference maker.

Reactions: Husky Fan 1

Yeah, they played Grimsley when they were still a doormat. Unlucky timing I guess. The CPC is not guaranteed to always be really good, we saw it this year. We will see what Hough does, and if its not ideal for EF, time to strengthen things. EF shouldn't be worrying about injuries...
And yes, I remember, how could I forget? EF and Page were pretty decent rivals for many years, although the series isn't as close as one would think, with how strong EF is right now. I still think they need to nut up and play somebody.

Reactions: btango
EF has not been challenged since their 1st game against NWG, who played an average schedule. They've basically been on cruise control for the last 11 games. Everything they do, on both sides of the ball works. How will they respond when their opponent hit back, and their game plan no longer works? How will they respond. What adjustments will be made. I'm still going with EF because I don't like Hough. I'm petty like that. lol! 😂

Last edited:
Maybe, just maybe EF has tried to make their schedule stronger? Maybe, just maybe the teams they tried to contact couldn't get the weeks to match up. Maybe, just maybe, some of those schools that needs games during the non-conference weeks never called back
Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

Maybe, just maybe EF has tried to make their schedule stronger? Maybe, just maybe the teams they tried to contact couldn't get the weeks to match up. Maybe, just maybe, some of those schools that needs games during the non-conference weeks never called back
EF staff has won Championships, and played in big games. Go Eagles 🦅 Beat Hough! 😀

I've always found it amusing how everyone in Charlotte will jump on the Chambers and MC bandwagon but never ever Hough. Perhaps it's because they're Cornelius lake people 🤪

I've always found it amusing how everyone in Charlotte will jump on the Chambers and MC bandwagon but never ever Hough. Perhaps it's because they're Cornelius lake people 🤪
It’s only everyone through your lenses. Lake people? 😂 No school in Charlotte represents Charlotte like Hough LMAO. They cover the entire city.

maybe......... maybe not........

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Maybe people jumped on the Mallard Creek bandwagon because they represented a shift of power to the north and they were new and exciting. Chambers/Vance was pretty average until 5 or 6 years ago. Not sure of many people jumping on that bandwagon. In regards to Hough since I support Butler, I don’t have the same level of dislike like MC and JC. We only played them twice. I don’t see what draws kids to Hough in my opinion.

It’s only everyone through your lenses. Lake people? 😂 No school in Charlotte represents Charlotte like Hough LMAO. They cover the entire city.
In the 336 Ours is Grimsley! Greensboro High Baby! They were a doormat like Page said for years....when using their own players. When Doug ran everyone off from Page he helped usher in Greensboro Highs regular season dominance. This year they needed offense so they hit up the Dudleys feeder program Southeast Guilford. Let's not forget they needed another 4 star DL so they hit up Smith. Imagine having a 4 star and 5 Star DLinemen and letting teams score on you. 🤣

So what's up with Smith? Do they just get ransacked by everyone? I remember them having a great team one year and going undefeated then losing in the first round to a team they beat earlier

Guys it's all in good fun.....

Everyone on the message boards: Going out on a limb here folks.... Hough played Dutch Fork and yeah they lost. They played Mallard Creek with their Middle School teams QB.... amd uhhh yeah they lost that too. But, they got payback for that one. They beat Chambers!!! Yeah, uhhh so what Chambers got beat by some Country boys in the mountains. EF hasn't played anyone!!!! Rolesville was missing their entire offense that night! Hough therefore is better.....Hough will win by 50. But they may only win by 1. Facts are they may probably win. But maybe East Forsyth does and if they do they may just probably win the Championship. Hashtag BIG FACTS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT