ADVERTISEMENT

Hough 58 Chambers 3

Chamber’s was already a struggle to attend the school as a student. The only thing they had going for them was the Football team. Getting transfers was their catalyst. It’ll be a struggle to get family’s to make the move now. They’re really bad.

Traditionally prior to 2016, Chambers was average to good with some bad seasons mixed in. Their run of really good teams is relatively recent. Chambers and Butler opened the same year. This would be Butler’s second losing season with the first being the first season. Chambers has seven if I am not mistaken. I figured Chambers would go back to what they traditionally were after the championship run ended so this doesn’t shock me.

Traditionally prior to 2016, Chambers was average to good with some bad seasons mixed in. Their run of really good teams is relatively recent. Chambers and Butler opened the same year. This would be Butler’s second losing season with the first being the first season. Chambers has seven if I am not mistaken. I figured Chambers would go back to what they traditionally were after the championship run ended so this doesn’t shock me.
Agree. Thought they would be better this year as they still have great talent. After this Sr./Jr. class leaves what will they have is the question. With WC soaring, Hough being Elite, and MC going back to an elite elite level Think Chambers goes well below their prior championship level. They had alot of residency stuff and families aren't trying to go there.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
This might be the season where all Hough haters should hide. I don’t see them choking this season like other seasons. If someone beats them, it’s because they played a helluva game and straight up beat them.

RIP Chambers football. They got good when Brand left Mallard creek and went Vance. The whole city moved in to play for him, then Ferebee came in and capitalized off those players like a great coach would. They will go back to Pre-Brand days which is average. They had a good season in 2010, they beat a really good Mallard creek team in the 4th round and lost to butler in state semifinals. Decent team in 2012 (larenz Bryant, Nolan corpening, J Latter, etc.) Even 10’ and 12’ weren’t great teams, but really good for their standards.

This might be the season where all Hough haters should hide. I don’t see them choking this season like other seasons. If someone beats them, it’s because they played a helluva game and straight up beat them.

RIP Chambers football. They got good when Brand left Mallard creek and went Vance. The whole city moved in to play for him, then Ferebee came in and capitalized off those players like a great coach would. They will go back to Pre-Brand days which is average. They had a good season in 2010, they beat a really good Mallard creek team in the 4th round and lost to butler in state semifinals. Decent team in 2012 (larenz Bryant, Nolan corpening, J Latter, etc.) Even 10’ and 12’ weren’t great teams, but really good for their standards.
These things are cyclical. Independence great then was down for a while and now they are back up. West Charlotte who was a traditional football power struggled for a while but now they are back. Weddington used to be in the SW4A and that was a homecoming game for Butler in the past. Now they are a power. Time will tell what happens but I don’t think they will get to Hopewell or North Meck levels of football.

These things are cyclical. Independence great then was down for a while and now they are back up. West Charlotte who was a traditional football power struggled for a while but now they are back. Weddington used to be in the SW4A and that was a homecoming game for Butler in the past. Now they are a power. Time will tell what happens but I don’t think they will get to Hopewell or North Meck levels of football.
Maybe not Hopewell or north meck. I said they were average before Brand, with some good years sprinkled in…hopewell is well below average with all due respect. Brand’s staff was aggressive in reaching out to players, and Brand just had a lot of families that liked him he has a good reputation around here being an assistant at mallard creek and at Indy during the Knotts days so he attracted that talent. Unless they get another big time coach there, this will be chambers going forward. The school isn’t the best either in the classroom so nothing to really attract families at this point. They do have a really good basketball team this coming season, I’m sure they are happy about that…maybe finally able to beat North Meck.

I thought the bottom would drop off last year but it took one more year. What Brand did there was impressive. Turn the culture of the entire school and community. Used to be 100 people in the stands there. Place absolutely packed for some of those Creek- Vance games.

Hough?? I've been hearing this is the year since 2012. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT