ADVERTISEMENT

Hoke County

Something is seriously wrong in Hoke county. Always has been and it seems that it will always be. To many athletes not to win more than they do. Where is the support needed to get the program headed in the right direction? Give Will Clark a call and give him the support needed.

when the drum line is bigger/stronger then the D-line you wont win to many games.

I hope he can leverage his knowledge to get this program on track. No reason Hoke couldn’t be a contender given some time.

Just an outsider looking in, i don't know anything about hoke county, but why would you hire a 61 year old coach. Not trying to be mean here he may lead them to a state championship. Just asking why there maybe a good reason.

Just an outsider looking in, i don't know anything about hoke county, but why would you hire a 61 year old coach. Not trying to be mean here he may lead them to a state championship. Just asking why there maybe a good reason.
What are there options?

What are there options?

I doubt they had many. Hoke, from the outside, appears to be happy with Basketball. Somebody has to come in and make it important and receive the support. It appears with the new coaches background, this was a good choice. I don’t think age is a factor if he can get some backing. He should have the knowledge and experience to help this program.

Obviously, Coach Small is in the Federal Witness Protection Program. Send him to Hoke County and no one will ever hear from him again.

Reactions: Steelers71
I think he has ability to bring discipline to the program. I'm not close to the program but do know a few parents who felt some of the players didn't take the game serious and did not respect the coaches. An older seasoned coach is not gonna tolerate a high school athlete being disrespectful. If nothing else he should change the culture of hoke football

I usually play ball in Scotland county with one of the coaches (not football) weekly. We just spoke about this before this hire happened. He just shook his head and said they didn't have the big kids to compete. I just have a hard time believing there aren't some big, athletic kids there. They may not be coming out for football, but that could be that they weren't encouraged to. Maybe they didn't want to play. RC has lacked enough big lineman for years now.

It seems like a cycle for some schools, but I think it goes deeper than that. It seems certain programs kids just want to play for and others football is just no big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT