ADVERTISEMENT

High SchoolOT Projections

REWhitley

Sep 1, 2021
Please don't post premium content from other websites on here. It is against the Rivals Network rules and HighSchoolOT guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Friday nights games could change a lot about this. Just glad HSOT is so quick on the posting.

Question is: If Swain defeats Robbinsville Friday night, as I think they will, how does #2 Mt Airy not go to #1 Seed?
Swain jumps from #9 to #1? That is a lot of jumping in RPI, I do not think so.

Could #3 ER jump to #1 or #2 with a win over 9-0 2A Randleman?

You guys that know the RPI system so well, chime in please.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Swain and rville is 1 and 2 in rpi. Winner 1 seed.
Loser 9 seed.
No I don't think ER can jump past 3 in rpi. Which would be a 2 seed

most likely only 7-#1 seeds; loser of Swain /R-ville #8 (maybe) gonna be several “conference games” in 1st round

Neither are jumping.
They are 1 and 2.
One will get jumped by other conference champs.

I say get rid of conference champs getting a top seed. Play ten games and go by rpi in seeding
Why should Bishop or Bessemer get a spot over better teams
Rville
Swain
MA
ER
NR should be top 5.

Neither are jumping.
They are 1 and 2.

I say get rid of conference champs getting a top seed. Play ten games and go by rpi in seeding
Rville
Swain
MA
ER
NR should be top 5.
I replied to this statement in another thread. For a guy who thinks RPI is inherently flawed this is a unique stance…

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980 and BK13T-$
Neither are jumping.
They are 1 and 2.

Rville
Swain
MA
ER
NR should be top 5.
Why should MA be anything but #1 seed. We know exactly how you feel.

Buzz you are talking about rankings.
I agree MA #1 ranked team.
But Using the RPI system MA will be a 2 or 3.
If we are going use a flawed system why make it more flawed by putting Bishop, Bessemer and stanly above other teams like North Rowan, Draught, mtn heritage?

Some of those teams are RPI at a 30 seed but get a 6 seed. Why?

Buzz you are talking about rankings.
I agree MA #1 ranked team.
But Using the RPI system MA will be a 2 or 3.
If we are going use a flawed system why make it more flawed by putting Bishop, Bessemer and stanly above other teams like North Rowan, Draught, mtn heritage?
Buzz don’t worry BK is so worried about getting that #1 seed and is doesn’t want any part of coming to mount airy. I don’t care where we have to play but the one thing I ask the football gods is we have to play robbinsville no matter what round or where. I hope that happens. Heck be rough being a 9 seed after this weekend for robbinsville after all that big talk. Might be in Mayberry earlier than expected.

Unorthodox, but all the better teams and higher seeds would travel in the beginning until the lesser teams get weeded out if they are going to. Then you start playing for home field advantage in the playoff itself. So, supposedly the better team always travels. The better team should be able to beat the less better team regardless where they play, right??? A different idea that could be expanded on maybe??
A lower seed plays at home and a higher seed travels. It would be easier on the teams that will most likely lose in the early rounds as well. They wouldn’t have to travel and get a really embarrassing loss at the same time.

The gate should be better on funds this way I think because the better teams fans travel most of the time and the worse team should draw more fans by being at home.

Nah,, Just woke up and head not so clear. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kingbluedevil
Buzz don’t worry BK is so worried about getting that #1 seed and is doesn’t want any part of coming to mount airy. I don’t care where we have to play but the one thing I ask the football gods is we have to play robbinsville no matter what round or where. I hope that happens. Heck be rough being a 9 seed after this weekend for robbinsville after all that big talk. Might be in Mayberry earlier than expected.
What big talk? Show us what you're talking about. You are a liar.

I am not a liar BK, you talk about how tough your schedule is and how big and strong you all are so I said I hope mount airy gets you over anyone else so you can back that talk up. If you say that is untrue then you are liar. All we hear is rpi, sos and you all playing rubon gap. We don’t care about any of that we want to put it on the field and see what happens and as I said we hope to see you guys.

IMO, there are several teams that will be 9-15 seeds that would completely dismantle S Stanly, Bishop, Polk, Bessemer, Albemarle etc. SMC #2-4, WHC #2-3, Thomasville, Starmount and others will wipe those teams out in the 2nd round. The best teams will win in November home or away with some potentially great 2nd round games.

IMO, there are several teams that will be 9-15 seeds that would completely dismantle S Stanly, Bishop, Polk, Bessemer, Albemarle etc. SMC #2-4, WHC #2-3, Thomasville, Starmount and others will wipe those teams out in the 2nd round. The best teams will win in November home or away with some potentially great 2nd round games.
I agree with you. However, I also believe in a theory called "Precursive Faith". It is a belief one has before there is evidence to support that belief". It is found most commonly in athletics.

I can understand why some individuals or teams might want to decline to play int the playoffs. A team that I have utmost respect for, North Stokes, for example, might decline due to small number of players or knowing they are simply out classed or the team simply does not have the money for a 3 to 6 hour one way trip.

But I remember the New York Mets getting to and winning the World Series many a year ago. Their motto was "YOU GOTTA BELIEVE". Now this might be a bad example for "Precursive Faith", it happens more on the individual level. But the movie "Hooisers" would be a better example.

Steve Perfountain (sp) would be a good example.
Sometimes hope does spring eternal. Let the playoffs begin!

Reactions: thekidd12
I am not a liar BK, you talk about how tough your schedule is and how big and strong you all are so I said I hope mount airy gets you over anyone else so you can back that talk up. If you say that is untrue then you are liar. All we hear is rpi, sos and you all playing rubon gap. We don’t care about any of that we want to put it on the field and see what happens and as I said we hope to see you guys.
That's just it. Talking about sos or rpi doesn't have anything to do with talking big. It's a system. When someone mentions it you call it talking big.
Btw liar

Still waiting for u to show price. It's in writing if it's true.

Still waiting for u to show price. It's in writing if it's true.
Forgive me BK, you’re just a feeble old man that knows nothing about football unless it has robbinsville in it. Good luck in the playoffs and the Bears look forward to seeing you soon.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
They can’t show us big talk. We’ve gave Mt Airy their dues. We’ve all said they were the team to beat. For me personally, I’ve told their posters that if the team comes in thinking they are going to run away with it, or if they come in overlooking Robbinsville, they could be beat. Heck they could get beat anyways, but regardless, we have said from the beginning they are the team to beat. For whatever reason, they think we are over here trashing their team. I don’t get it.

We don’t think you are trashing Mount Airy and that isn’t what I said at all. When I say talking big it means saying how good your defense is how big your lineman are and how great your running game is and how you all deserve the number 1 seed. That makes us really hope to play you all cause we want to go up against the best since we are in a weak conference and don’t play anyone good in non conference. Be good proving ground. So just to set record straight that is what big talk means not about trash talking mount airy. I know you all are smarter than that. Playoffs will be fun and we look forward to it and rust is what I said along with hope we get to play you all.

They can’t show us big talk. We’ve gave Mt Airy their dues. We’ve all said they were the team to beat. For me personally, I’ve told their posters that if the team comes in thinking they are going to run away with it, or if they come in overlooking Robbinsville, they could be beat. Heck they could get beat anyways, but regardless, we have said from the beginning they are the team to beat. For whatever reason, they think we are over here trashing their team. I don’t get it.
We get called Mount Arrogant, Mount Mayberry and chest beaters or worst fans in football because we love our team. We back up our talk on the field and as Deion Sanders said we keep receipts. Lmao

Nobody EVER said we had big lineman.
Another lie.
Nobody EVER said we deserve #1 seed.
That's another lie.
We are just using the RPI and going by RPI Rville/Swain will get #1 seed.
Feeble old man? Another lie.
We can revisit that last lie down the road hopefully.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: thekidd12
Oh my bad BK I must have been dreaming thinking about reading you talking about all that. I am sure I am not the only one who read all that but you are exactly right I hope we definitely get to visit that in a few weeks. From your last comment I don’t know if you really want that or not though. Kinda backing up. First things first you guys need to worry about swain. Good luck Friday

Nobody EVER said we had big lineman.
Another lie.
Nobody EVER said we deserve #1 seed.
That's another lie.
We are just using the RPI and going by RPI Rville/Swain will get #1 seed.
Feeble old man? Another lie.
We can revisit that last lie down the road hopefully.
Yeah i've never seen y'all bragging about the size of your boys

I don't have reverse. I don't back up
Hey BK. As I posted on the EW/N Stokes thread, on paper EW should win, Alleghany lose to MA and Elkin lose to Starmount....yes I know that's a big scenario but it's the most likely outcomes. With that, EW should finish 3rd in Conference and I know where you finish doesn't matter but EW is right on the verge of the 16 seed(based off the projections I've seen) is there any chance of them getting there to atleast get one home game? I'm thinking that loss to Elkin a few weeks ago has really doomed that chance. Not that it matters much but just curious, you seem to understand this RPI stuff and all pretty well.

Reactions: NCBBFB and BK13T-$
EW will gain on Allegheny in WP but that's 30%
Allegheny will gain on EW in OWP which is 40%
It will come down to OOWP. Without looking into that it would be close. I don't think EW will get 16 but maybe 17. Instead of Mitchell you go to MIC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT