ADVERTISEMENT

High School Curling

GSO-Triple5

Dec 5, 2010
Greensboro, N.C.
Wisconsin, the Badger State, is the hot bed for high school curling. Sweepin' out the goat stalls before dark this evening , memories of curling brawls swept through my brain waves , the exotic ladies that participated in this sweepin' on ice adventure, and the overall vibe of the massive and sold out curling arenas of the East Coast Curling Federation , suddenly desiring a Don King wig to represent the way the hairs on my head stood up thinking of all the surreal evenings at the curling practice field before turning pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Wisconsin, the Badger State, is the hot bed for high school curling. Sweepin' out the goat stalls before dark this evening , memories of curling brawls swept through my brain waves , the exotic ladies that participated in this sweepin' on ice adventure, and the overall vibe of the massive and sold out curling arenas of the East Coast Curling Federation , suddenly desiring a Don King wig to represent the way the hairs on my head stood up thinking of all the surreal evenings at the curling practice field before turning pro.
GSO First time I have ever seen the words exotic ladies and sweepin' in the same well, er... sentence?

As always your looks into the worlds of relatively unknown and intriguing sports are both entertaining as well as perplexing. Please expound upon your experiences in the breathtaking world of curling.

Ain't nothing like clean ice is there? Make sure you don't have a Southern accent reciting that sentence.

GANGNEUNG, South Korea -- John Shuster's last throw in the eighth end of the Olympic curling final clacked off one Swedish stone and knocked it into another, sending them both skittering out of scoring range.

Five yellow-handled American rocks were left behind.

The score, known as a five-ender, is so rare it has only been topped once before in the history of the men's or women's Olympic final. And it effectively clinched gold for Shuster's erstwhile "rejects," who rallied from the brink of pool play elimination to claim only the second curling medal ever for the United States.

"It's hard to rationalize wanting to do it," vice-skip Tyler George said after the Americans beat favored Sweden 10-7 in nine ends in the gold medal match on Saturday. "But then days like this happen."

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT