ADVERTISEMENT

High School Cafeteria Food...

hope they have healthy food options besides subway, can't make out some of the other spots beyond Pizza Hut

Not in most NC schools. So many on free lunch that that is not an option. The NC kids get federal food!

Did you go to Alleghany? I know you live there and are a big supporter but not sure if I remember you saying you went there.
No I went to Concord High School(Spiders). I don't live in Alleghany either. I have family in Sparta so if Alleghany has a winnable game I drive up spend the weekend in the mountains and go to the game. I love the mountains so any excuse to go there I take it lol

With all the money NC gets from the Lottery, I'm trying to figure out where is the Lottery money really going

Reactions: beamer24
With all the money NC gets from the Lottery, I'm trying to figure out where is the Lottery money really going

Maybe we should be asking our representatives these questions instead of worrying about culture wars and bullcrap that politicians are spewing that is indeed not really happening but just causing a distraction from things such as where does lottery money go.

Our public schools are being destroyed and it's not by the ones in the building.

I wish people would get their heads out of the sand, cut off the tv and social media and really watch what goes on in Raleigh and other places.

Last edited:
The original promise was 40% to education. More like 22% now.

And then it's limited to new brick and morter and scholarships.

Just glad the people that complain about the government will keep buying those scratch offs with their Marlboros

And then it's limited to new brick and morter and scholarships.

Just glad the people that complain about the government will keep buying those scratch offs with their Marlboros
Hey Thunder,
Where’s the brick and mortal money being used?
And it maybe under my nose, but I haven’t seen it.

All of this is possible in Public schools in NC (although probably at a smaller scale for most schools). The amount of money kids used to spend on cookies, chicken poppers, and drinks everyday would add up to what those kids in Texas probably spend. Just have to get the contracts right. But being honest, this crap is so unhealthy. Just another method of creating obese children.

All of this is possible in Public schools in NC (although probably at a smaller scale for most schools). The amount of money kids used to spend on cookies, chicken poppers, and drinks everyday would add up to what those kids in Texas probably spend. Just have to get the contracts right. But being honest, this crap is so unhealthy. Just another method of creating obese children.

No one is trying to create unhealthy children. The issue is when healthier options get offered people get ridiculed because that's what we've deciced to do in this country. Look at the flak M&M Mars is getting for offered a vegan option for Reese Cups.

Cafeteria food isn't making kids obese. Parents that buy fast food daily and let their kids play video games or on their phones nonstop are.

Let's also admit the cost of veges vs the cost of hamburger helper and other junk at the grocery store

When I was in high school at Catholic we had a bin of communion wafers in the cafeteria that the students could help themselves to anytime between the drink machine and the holy water dispenser. The serving line always had delicious Catholic food like pierogies, pretzels with stadium mustard, and two inch thick portions of lasagna. Catholics love beer too but for some reason I never saw any of that. I just waited till after school and swiped a can of Budweiser from Dad’s 12 pack.

The desks in religion class had built-in kneeling benches for genuflecting and thanking Jesus for Catholic football and hot cheerleaders. Yeah it wasn’t so bad at all including the food so you’ll never hear me complain.

Ya’ll be good and remember Aug. 1 is closer than you think

• Haha
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Some schools have better food then others.
Mooresville had a pizza line and other line something else n then the normal food line, I only ever got Pizza (fridays) and or Mac n cheese or 99.9% of the time i would get a chicken sandwich, fries, veggie and milk

Reactions: footsoldier
I remember my senior year of high school. Only had 4 classes. I got out at 12 or so. What did I do. For most head to the bowling alley where they had the best snack bar. Usually got a cheeseburger, fries and a drink. Then shot some pool. Then later that evening headed to my part time job. That was the pizza place. During my break time I would have a pizza to eat. Lol. I know I wasn’t eating right. Oh well it was fun times.

It would take very little effort to come in and prepare good fresh meals everyday. Just requires proper staffing and funding.

Offer 2 meat options, 3 vegetables with choice of 2, 2 fruit options with choice of 1. Then the option of water or low sugar juice. No need to have milk. Thats a scam that's happened for years in schools.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Which shows how much the people that claim to want to look out for kids really don't give 2 craps about them. They only seek to make money which is why they push charter school so much instead of improving traditional public schools.

I bet the lunches are charter schools are way different than lunches at Dobson Elementary.

Reactions: Champ_24
Which shows how much the people that claim to want to look out for kids really don't give 2 craps about them. They only seek to make money which is why they push charter school so much instead of improving traditional public schools.

I bet the lunches are charter schools are way different than lunches at Dobson Elementary.
If the charter provides them at all.

I do know they are not required to provide free or reduced lunch. So how many kids are not eating daily?

Charter schools are leaving poor areas in the dust and it's sad.

There are no overweight students created. Everyone is tempted by the fast food culture. We all have options in life. The most recent and widely used fast food place is Cook-Out. You hardly see kids outside breaking a sweat. Kids will spend their after-school hours & weekends within closed doors, in the dark, watching Netflix, Facetime, playing video games, or taking selfies in the bathroom create their own unhealthy world. They eventually emerge at 10 o'clock, prepare a dinner, and then adjourn to bed.

The following day's schedule would remain unchanged.

No physical activity is planned at all.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
yeah Texas had an obesity problem for a while. Would be nicer to have healthier franchise options there(not including Subway)

I feel like they should offer more salad options, More veggie options like have 4 options then 2 and also I would poll the students and ask them what they like to see on the menu and what they dont

I also feel Physical Education - Exercises are need too so like after Lunch - they should allow student do Go to the gym or Football field for 15 mins or something in that sense to keep them health, active and such

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT