ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach at Mt Airy

This thread is about a new coach for Mount Airy and some are making a joke about Mount Airy and disrespecting a back-to-back State Championship team. How about some respect for the school ? They just started taking applications 4 days ago as of today. If, and buts are irrelevant since they don't play Reidsville, and East Surry was not supposed to beat Reidsville in 2019 but East won 55-49, and East and Reidsville both won the 1A & 2A State Championships in 2019. East Surry's passing game beat Reidsville that year. Who is to say Mount Airy's defense could not have shut down Reidsville's passing game and got to their QB like they did everyone's QB? Let us get back to talking about possible new coaches be they come from outside the school or present coaches ! I have seen enough on different boards, mostly 1A & 3A to tell me that amaidendevil is or has been a coach maybe JV or AD, or it's very possible anyway. I do know he loves stirring the pot and is not even from a 1A or 3A. STOP MAKING FUN OF MOUNT AIRY, RESPECT THEM. Is the 2A Maiden board that boring ?

Who will be the next BEAR head coach ?
Amaidendevil is not a coach...just a passionate fan who bleeds blue. He's also passionate about Maiden history...and since we've played in 1A and 2A and 3A...he feels it only makes sense that he traverses all 3 boards to spread his love and good will to all football fans. We belong everywhere with everyone...don't turn us away.

And also grizzly is right. But I also have to share my appreciation to him for not letting out my super secret undercover job and identity. Anybody important just knows me as the puppet Master
I See You Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

• Haha
Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
I think we would be the true definition of a blue blood program 🤣🤣
dude driving GIF

Last edited:
I am curious how long I could last as a coach before I was ran off 🤣. I wouldn't punt often, I believe in the cobra kai philosophy "no mercy" 😂. Even with a blowout and my 2nd or 3rd string is out there I'm gonna tell my kids to go score. Why shouldn't they have that joy also. Im not gonna pay a player on the butt and tell them u will get them next time when they mess up. I'm gonna go with the great TOM BROWN way of working. We didn't fear any team and we didnt make a lot of mistakes because we were more scared of the man on the sideline than anyone on the field 🤣🤣

Bill Belichek, Nick Saben, and Kirby Smart were all contacted by the boosters. Whether any have applied, no one knows. Mount Airy is shooting big for the replacement.
Figured they'd go for Dan Lanning. Younger candidate and all.

Keeping this more secure than late night vote counting in a federal election.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Figured they'd go for Dan Lanning. Younger candidate and all.

Keeping this more secure than late night vote counting in a federal election.
Yeah probably have a picture of a maiden blue devil hanging up telling anyone who sees me to call police 🤣🤣. Hell honestly looked like I had some granite colored SUVs following me all morning 🤣🤣

Is Mount Airy really a top 10 job in the state? Just asking. I'd proabably say no, but want to see what everyone else thinks.
I think so. 12 month job pay wise, winning tradition with great returning talent. For the most part great community support it seems, sometimes a little too much on here but overall seems to be passion for the program. Seems to be commitment to the program at the school level. I would think it is a good to decent place to live with bigger towns close enough. I'm interested to hear what 10 jobs would be better and why?

I'd consider these options as more lucrative options in no order with a few more sprinkled in
Mallard Creek : 4a school in Meck County that gets national contention
Crest: In the mix in 3a every year with a big fan base
Dudley: Athletes galore- in Greensboro
Shelby: Big time tradition, athleltes everywher
Reidsville^
East Forsyth- 4a forsyth school, with open enrollment. In the mix all the time
Butler- Meck County school always in the mix
Richmond County- Big time tradition 4a- been a little down. But still a really good job
Weddington- Just won 4a state championship, proven winner
Grimsley- Recently been the it school in Greensboro
Cardinal gibbons- Raleigh 4a school thats's been in the mix
Of course its some great traditional powers that I didn't name as well. But I still think Mount Airy is in that 12-25 range, which is really good.

The mix of Clinton, Havelock, Wallace Rose Hill, Tarboro are right in the range with Mount Airy as well.

I'd consider these options as more lucrative options in no order with a few more sprinkled in
Mallard Creek : 4a school in Meck County that gets national contention
Crest: In the mix in 3a every year with a big fan base
Dudley: Athletes galore- in Greensboro
Shelby: Big time tradition, athleltes everywher
Reidsville^
East Forsyth- 4a forsyth school, with open enrollment. In the mix all the time
Butler- Meck County school always in the mix
Richmond County- Big time tradition 4a- been a little down. But still a really good job
Weddington- Just won 4a state championship, proven winner
Grimsley- Recently been the it school in Greensboro
Cardinal gibbons- Raleigh 4a school thats's been in the mix
Of course its some great traditional powers that I didn't name as well. But I still think Mount Airy is in that 12-25 range, which is really good.

The mix of Clinton, Havelock, Wallace Rose Hill, Tarboro are right in the range with Mount Airy as well.

Solid schools.

Eastern Alamance, perennial bridesmaid, but always good.

Wake Forest always seems to be strong. same goes for Charlotte Catholic.

Always hear of top coaches going to Freedom, didnt Jim Bob leave Havelock for there? Mountain life must be good. I remember when Pursley left NEG for Tuscola.

Scotland Co, Brevard, and Northeastern come to mind as well

Mission accomplished , thread returned to substance and the clown town posters that are the usual suspects in senseless chatter , grammer challenged , egotistical bull crap has been silenced. Thank you Ladies and gentleman for actually talking about football.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Mission accomplished , thread returned to substance and the clown town posters that are the usual suspects in senseless chatter , grammer challenged , egotistical bull crap has been silenced. Thank you Ladies and gentleman for actually talking about football.
Clown town. There it is again. Mr Man in the house.

Reactions: MRMAN27030
How much HATE is there for Mt Airy and its Boosters?
Or is it just pure envy?

If no one has noticed there has not been any postings on 1A Preps except about Mt Airy in quite a while.
The over whelming majority of conversation has been completely football related or not from any Mt Airy supporter.

Just wondering.

85 percent of Mayberry post are their fans bashing each other. Never seen nothing like it. I must admit it is good humor but most of the time its just , well dis tasteful. Whitley ive read your post , you do talk some football sense. Sbb , Bareman are legit posters. Thats what its supposed to be about football but quite frankly the rest of your fan base on here are a bunch of idiots. Especially the former east surry fans that pretend to be mayberry fans when they are winning. I agree that mayberry is a great job and opportunity for a coach out there. But then theres that fan base to deal with. Drama in the fund raising department , drama with the ex coach , then clowntown posters like you see on here. Back on topic , heard the clinton coach had applied at Mayberry , any troof to that

85 percent of Mayberry post are their fans bashing each other. Never seen nothing like it. I must admit it is good humor but most of the time its just , well dis tasteful. Whitley ive read your post , you do talk some football sense. Sbb , Bareman are legit posters. Thats what its supposed to be about football but quite frankly the rest of your fan base on here are a bunch of idiots. Especially the former east surry fans that pretend to be mayberry fans when they are winning. I agree that mayberry is a great job and opportunity for a coach out there. But then theres that fan base to deal with. Drama in the fund raising department , drama with the ex coach , then clowntown posters like you see on here. Back on topic , heard the clinton coach had applied at Mayberry , any troof to that

Small towns don't have much. Sadly many folks live for drama for that reason.

Reactions: MRMAN27030
How much HATE is there for Mt Airy and its Boosters?
Or is it just pure envy?

If no one has noticed there has not been any postings on 1A Preps except about Mt Airy in quite a while.
The over whelming majority of conversation has been completely football related or not from any Mt Airy supporter.

Just wondering.
I wouldn’t say hate, but the way a lot of Teddy Bear faithful portray themselves (not you), it’s easy to build the dislike. Just my opinion. Everyone knows players from outside “MACS” transfer there (still within surry, most of the time), yet it’s an all out denial.

Finally MA has hired there new Coach! It's Eric Taylor from the Dillion Panthers/East Dillion Lions out of Texas. He has won 3 state titles.
😂 I see what you did there but in seriousness during the school in North Carolina that could touch the pay of a Texas coach or offer The prestige 🤣🤣

If not for MA fans be pretty boring place
And these new posters are here from 2A & 3A boards because those boards are boring and nothing going on in the off-season. If not for Mount Airy coach Adkins leaving after back-to-back state championships and winning 87.18% of games in 6 years 68 wins & 10 losses this 1A board would be way down. As for me I usually stop posting in early January and post on the basketball thread but I am not there this year and I usually come back full-time around June. You 1A freeloaders from 2A & 3A can talk to each other for all I care. I will only post again briefly when Mount Airy gets a new coach ! MRMAN27030 hit the nail on the head when he said, Mount Airy fans bashing each other is the only school I see that from. SMC and most other conferences stand behind each other in the school and or conference. I never attack a Mount Airy poster unless attacked by another poster attacking me out of jealousy for mostly starting a new thread or a post I made. School should support their team and each other. The team's supporters should stand by each other as a team supporting their team. Sorry, but that is how I feel we should be, get attention for our team and not attack each other.

You would think that someone would say something. TRUTHFULLY, there is NOTHING ANYWHERE about what is going on here. It is as if a sound proof blanket has been thrown over the entire community about the HC Position.

I wish I knew something, not just rumors which there are none, and if I did hear something that was solid I would tell it. BUT NOTHING is what I am hearing.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
And these new posters are here from 2A & 3A boards because those boards are boring and nothing going on in the off-season. If not for Mount Airy coach Adkins leaving after back-to-back state championships and winning 87.18% of games in 6 years 68 wins & 10 losses this 1A board would be way down. As for me I usually stop posting in early January and post on the basketball thread but I am not there this year and I usually come back full-time around June. You 1A freeloaders from 2A & 3A can talk to each other for all I care. I will only post again briefly when Mount Airy gets a new coach ! MRMAN27030 hit the nail on the head when he said, Mount Airy fans bashing each other is the only school I see that from. SMC and most other conferences stand behind each other in the school and or conference. I never attack a Mount Airy poster unless attacked by another poster attacking me out of jealousy for mostly starting a new thread or a post I made. School should support their team and each other. The team's supporters should stand by each other as a team supporting their team. Sorry, but that is how I feel we should be, get attention for our team and not attack each other.
So in other words your saying that I'm keeping this forum alive during the off-season. That I resurrected it from the Dead. I appreciate it 🤣. If I can get one more Maiden poster over here it's gonna be the N.W.O. all over again 🤣🤣

So in other words your saying that I'm keeping this forum alive during the off-season. That I resurrected it from the Dead. I appreciate it 🤣. If I can get one more Maiden poster over here it's gonna be the N.W.O. all over again 🤣🤣

GrizzlyDevil is already here. lol, I have nothing against who posts here, it is a free board to voice what you please. It is just making fun of Mount Airy and referring us to Mayberry characters. See I have been a true Mount Airy Fan since the age of 13, 60 years ago, and take that personally for the BEAR Nation to be made fun of ! !​

Last edited:

GrizzlyDevil is already here. lol, I have nothing against who posts here, it is a free board to voice what you please. It is just making fun of Mount Airy and referring us to Mayberry characters. See I am a true Mount Airy and take that personally for the BEAR Nation ! !​

Well true Mount Airy is Mayberry. It's only the full identity of downtown.

Well true Mount Airy is Mayberry. It's only the full identity of downtown.
Downtown keeping Mayberry alive has kept the town from dying with all the furniture factories and hosiery mills closing down that kept the town alive. Mount Airy is just Mount Airy with the theme of Mayberry as Pilot Mountain is Mount Pilot. Mount Airy High has always been that and the school on Mayberry was, Mayberry Union High School – the high school attended by Andy and Barney (who graduated in 1945 "Class Reunion" or 1948 "The Return of Barney Fife").
Now something you did not know and I had forgotten about. Everyone knows the TV series The Andy Griffith Show and the town of Mayberry is a fictional TV town based on many towns in and around Mount Airy. But what most don't know is it all started on the Danny Thomas Show before Danny Thomas produced the Andy Griffith Show because it went so well as one of his shows. There was a town of Mayberry and some of the characters like Otis and Aunt Bea I think and some others were the same names as on Mayberry but different actors on the Danny Thomas Show that started the Andy Griffith Show.

Real World Mayberry​

Mayberry is a real community in Patrick County, Virginia, located 22 miles northeast of Andy Griffith's hometown of Mount Airy, North Carolina. The Mayberry Trading Post, is the home of what was the Mayberry, Virginia post office until it closed in 1922. Andy Griffith and his father made many trips to the Mayberry Trading Post. Andy Griffith incorporated several community places and names from his childhood home into The Andy Griffith Show.

The name "Mayberry" is mentioned many times on television series such as Cheers, House, M.D., Criminal Minds, Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, and Scrubs.

According to the episode "The Battle of Mayberry", the town was almost named Taylortown in honor of Colonel Carleton Taylor, who was one of the first settlers in the town. There is a Taylortown bordering Pinehurst, North Carolina, but it has nothing to do with the fictional town of Mayberry.

Last edited:
I make promises the Bears will get legit coach don't you guys on here worry your pretty head

There's other coaching positions open and being talked about but it's just too easy to get MA fans in a tizzy. And then they turn on each other and we all get free entertainment.

Of course it's pretty large news when a state championship coach leaves especially when they'll still have a loaded team but if it wasn't so easy to get a rise out of the fan base, no one would carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT