ADVERTISEMENT

HD girls win again

HD girls from what I've watched are the best 1A team in the west. I hate you didn't get to play Cherokee but I feel you have to much depth for the Lady Braves. Good luck on the rest of the season

Boy I would love to see a tournament with HD cherokee Erwin and pisgah girls... That would be some kind of games

Heard they might be trying to get the cherokee/HD game back on the schedule I beleave that would be worth the price of admission

Good grief ... Well I was looking forward to that one ... Had a good one tonight beat Franklin despite a good awful official.. Not officials .. 1 guy called 12 fouls on the girls in one half .. Way to go lady Braves ...

Originally posted by Mont1963:
Heard today that HD cancelled again!
Your kidding right? Ole Mont has to be pulling our leg on this one. No way Hiwassee Dam cancels 2 in a row against Cherokee?! This matchup features arguably the #1 and #2 ranked 1A girls teams in NC!!!

Many people have been waiting for this one all season. I'm withholding comment until I hear more specifics.

Just spitting in the wind, do you think it might be that the coaches don't want to risk a loss and have it impact their seed in the playoffs? If not I don't see any point in not playing. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by recycled2:
Just spitting in the wind, do you think it might be that the coaches don't want to risk a loss and have it impact their seed in the playoffs? If not I don't see any point in not playing. Any thoughts?
Maybe rest? Looking at HD's schedule, they already play the 27th, 29th, 30th, 3rd, and 5th. So playing on the 2nd would not only give them their second back-to-back in a week, it would give them 6 games in 10 days. Maybe they just wanted fresher legs going into the post-season? I have no clue as to the real reason, just throwing out a theory.

Well it was just schedule recently so im sure both teams knew their schedules ..

It is my understanding that BOTH the HD girls and Cherokee girls want to have this game.

The JV teams at HD already had games scheduled on Feb 2nd with another school. The HD varsity boys did not want to play Cherokee. That meant that Cherokee would travel to HD for one game (I would gladly pay the gate fee to see just that game!) and Cherokee chose not to travel and play for one game. That is only my understanding about how it happened.

From what I have seen out of the HD girls is that potential losses to larger schools isn't an issue for them. They beat a very good state-ranked Rabun Gap 3A team early in the season and in the Christmas Tournament in Blue Ridge, GA they beat a 6A team from Atlanta. Obviously HD is up for any challenges and will play strong teams to get better even if it means a potential loss.

HD @ Hayesville on Friday. Great basketball this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT