ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Hayesville @ Starmount

Should be a good one .. Big Cottrell is a monster and very skilled. They have shooters everywhere and they play hard. Should be a good game I picking Hayesville by 5

I fear that Starmounts difficulty scoring outside their big 2 will be their downfall. They definetly will slow Hayesville down some with their defense and their pace, but I am afraid that 2 scorers will not be enough to keep up with Hayesville. Certainly pulling for Starmount but just cant see it happening. I hope I am wrong.

Hayesville plays great fundamental ball. Like said above big Cottrell will murder you in the post If left unchecked and can also shoot very well from anywhere on the floor, other names to look for would be his little brother who can shoot very well and Cox who can do a bit of everything

Hayesvilles disadvantage will be it's bench, the starting 5 are great but they seem to not have much talent after that

Truthfully starmount only plays 7 players Gregory the 6 ft 5 kid is a great player and can shoot it from the perimeter. Prescott is their do everything athlete and he is a special player. Two starters that are really non scorers and another starter cant remember his name Case or something pretty close to that can get hot from 3 but not much else. two kids that come off the bench are non threats offensively. Again, I am just afraid they cant score enough to win.

Truthfully starmount only plays 7 players Gregory the 6 ft 5 kid is a great player and can shoot it from the perimeter. Prescott is their do everything athlete and he is a special player. Two starters that are really non scorers and another starter cant remember his name Case or something pretty close to that can get hot from 3 but not much else. two kids that come off the bench are non threats offensively. Again, I am just afraid they cant score enough to win.

The teams sound pretty similar personnel wise. Hayesville is also built around a 6-5 kid with guard skills but who also rebounds and guards the post well. The Jackets also have a special athlete on the wing who does a little of everything, next to a kid that can light it up from 3 (although Hayesville's 3-point marksman is more well-rounded than you're saying Starmount's is). Hayesville also has two starters who don't score as much, although they are both good athletes (one is state long jump champ) and experienced seniors who really bring the pressure on D. Finally, both teams will play about 7 or 8 kids it sounds like. Hayesville has one high energy guard who is a pesky defender that they bring off the bench, and they'll play one or two kids who are 6-4 or so off the bench if they need to go with a more traditional lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT