ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock's Keion Joyner ?

SHS LION

Jun 23, 2007
I read that he may be off the team.Anybody have any updates?

Yep. Confirmed now, wasn't confirmed when I posted it. JBB won't say a thing to protect his recruitment.

at one point i believe he was the number one ranked player in his class after his 10th grade season. kid definitely looks the part. some say his motor is questionable.

He was named the #1 2016 recruit after his sophomore year by Scout I believe. Motor has definitely been a question mark for awhile. Huge news especially with undefeated West Craven coming up on Friday.

He was named the #1 2016 recruit after his sophomore year by Scout I believe. Motor has definitely been a question mark for awhile. Huge news especially with undefeated West Craven coming up on Friday.

I hear that from everyone I know around the game. I hear it from you New Bern guy's and I hear it around here. They say if you just look at his combines he's all world but he loafs on plays and avoids hits. Jim Bob has had several issues with him.

I should also add I was told by someone Havelock will never miss him.

They'll miss him. He had the ability to cover WR's, not just play against the run. Also could play WR/TE and block kicks. Interested to see how they come out on Friday. Losing a senior leader in the middle of the season isn't ideal.

They'll miss him. He had the ability to cover WR's, not just play against the run. Also could play WR/TE and block kicks. Interested to see how they come out on Friday. Losing a senior leader in the middle of the season isn't ideal.

Congrats on getting two kids in the shrine bowl. I saw the wide receiver from Rose also was selected. I haven't seen him play.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Not his first time facing dismissal either? Credit to JBB for not bending to the star player.

JBB isn't saying anything, protecting his recruitment it looks like. Not sure what's going on. Never heard anything negative in regards to off the field issues. All we know is that he didn't play last week. Waiting for more info, but don't hold your breath.

Reactions: Otis4411
otis then u are in for a treat Powell is special. great hands and very deceptive speed. me might be a 4.58 type guy but u don't see him getting walked down. best hs player i have seen other than Mike Hughes since i moved back to nc in 2002. again that i have seen

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
It will not hurt havelock at all yes he able to come up in runs and help the pass defense but he wasn't havelock leading tackler lol so we will be fine idk what he did to get kick off idk what's going on with these young kids in havelock they win a few state championships and think their in the nfl they have full scholarships and throw it away for dumb sh** I don't understand it

It will not hurt havelock at all yes he able to come up in runs and help the pass defense but he wasn't havelock leading tackler lol so we will be fine idk what he did to get kick off idk what's going on with these young kids in havelock they win a few state championships and think their in the nfl they have full scholarships and throw it away for dumb sh** I don't understand it

Yea its bad to see kids make bad choices that affect the rest of their lives. I hope it works out for him.

Yea its bad to see kids make bad choices that affect the rest of their lives. I hope it works out for him.
I hope so too I know for a fact he's not a bad dude like I stated before he's never done anything to be in trouble but idk bout the people he hangs with it's a lot of wanna be gang members in havelock and a lot of wanna be thugs that he may have hung around but I just don't see the point of hanging around those types of people when u have the nfl calling your name not saying that's what happen but I doubt he was something he could of done but u never know these days hopefully he gets another chance at the next lvl he should just work hard and get bigger for the next lvl since he not able to play anymore for hs

He's been in trouble before it was just kept low. I'm not going to post that here being he is a high school kid. If I see you Friday night I'll tell you.

He wasn't the leading tackler because teams avoid him. Running at him isn't the smartest of ideas. His playmaking ability and leadership will be a big loss. JBB knows his team though, he's got an answer. Can't wait for Friday night.

He wasn't the leading tackler because teams avoid him. Running at him isn't the smartest of ideas. His playmaking ability and leadership will be a big loss. JBB knows his team though, he's got an answer. Can't wait for Friday night.
A lot of teams actually ran to both sides of the field so idk what U mean they ran away from him he's a line backer not a linemen but I suppose

JBB isn't saying anything, protecting his recruitment it looks like. Not sure what's going on. Never heard anything negative in regards to off the field issues. All we know is that he didn't play last week. Waiting for more info, but don't hold your breath

I understanding what the coach is doing, but being dismissed from your high school team raises a lot of flags whether he says anything or not. That being said ... Somebody on the next level will give him a chance due to being a great athlete.

JBB let Danny Webster go a few years ago. At the time, he was the best player on the team. ECU stuck by their offer, but eventually they had to let him go. No doubt in my mind that JBB is doing what is best for the team.

A lot of teams actually ran to both sides of the field so idk what U mean they ran away from him he's a line backer not a linemen but I suppose

He plays OLB a lot on one side. Teams prefer to run on the opposite side. That's not hard to understand. He's also spent a lot of time covering WR's, again, not many people want to throw to their 5'11 WR when he's being guarded by a dude 3-4 inches taller than him. I watch their games....

JBB let Danny Webster go a few years ago. At the time, he was the best player on the team. ECU stuck by their offer, but eventually they had to let him go. No doubt in my mind that JBB is doing what is best for the team.

Danny straight up quit the team after their sesson-opening loss to New Bern. Little different situation.

Ruff straight-up let him go, rightfully so.

Crest ran at him with alot of success. Not sure about the teams avoiding him. He's not a big hitter

Yeah that's true but havelock doesn't depend on one player they gang tackle a lot so it's not that serious as far as run d as for pass d yes you're very correct but idk I'm done talking bout this I'm kinda disappointed I think they should have suspended him maybe the next two games and made him do wind sprints at practice until he was able to play again but I guess cause of the moe situation jbb doesn't want to take any chances which is understandable but we will be fine

Rumors has it he was involved in a situation at school which still idk why take the chance of harming your self when u have a lot of great opportunities good luck to Keion just take this as a learning curve and run with it maybe they will look at it and give him another shot but he has to grow up and mature can't stay young forever

Yeah that's true but havelock doesn't depend on one player they gang tackle a lot so it's not that serious as far as run d as for pass d yes you're very correct but idk I'm done talking bout this I'm kinda disappointed I think they should have suspended him maybe the next two games and made him do wind sprints at practice until he was able to play again but I guess cause of the moe situation jbb doesn't want to take any chances which is understandable but we will be fine

Rumors has it he was involved in a situation at school which still idk why take the chance of harming your self when u have a lot of great opportunities good luck to Keion just take this as a learning curve and run with it maybe they will look at it and give him another shot but he has to grow up and mature can't stay young forever

Friday night should be interesting.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
NC State or Clemson is where he will land.:)

He should look into Fork Union or somewhere like that for a year. He does that and behaves the schools will come calling again. It might not be the full list he had originally but enough will still take a chance on talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT