ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock

Crazy that New Bern and Havelock don't have HCs this close to season.
In this transfer happy world has this affected any players?

Reactions: dogs79
Crazy that New Bern and Havelock don't have HCs this close to season.
In this transfer happy world has this affected any players?
It shouldn't at Havelock as the new coach will be someone on staff. New Bern on the other hand, it will be interesting as the new HC is a pass first coach coming to a program that has run the triple-option/wishbone the last 4 years.

It shouldn't at Havelock as the new coach will be someone on staff. New Bern on the other hand, it will be interesting as the new HC is a pass first coach coming to a program that has run the triple-option/wishbone the last 4 years.
For the Bears this sounds more stupid than interesting. I understand from folks I grew up with and have lived in New Bern all their lives that this is just par for the course from the Craven County BOE for anything that has to do with High School sports.

What do you think will happen? Sucks for these kids this close to the season.....
I'm not sure what will happen myself. I didn't see the meeting tonight but I read on facebook that it never came to a vote. I have no idea if that is correct or not. Coaches work under a contract that can be terminated at any time. So I guess this shouldn't surprise any of us. But it does.

I'm not sure what will happen myself. I didn't see the meeting tonight but I read on facebook that it never came to a vote. I have no idea if that is correct or not. Coaches work under a contract that can be terminated at any time. So I guess this shouldn't surprise any of us. But it does.
The Superintendent stated in a now public facebook message, that she "recommended Caleb and that the board took action months ago in an open session and today took action for him to be OC".

Reactions: 87SwO
This has to be the biggest blunder ever and No wonder why NC can’t keep good quality coaches because of Situations like this and back door politics in many NC Schools/Districts we have seen issues at many job search or coach getting pushed out or fired or whatever

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT