ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock

Looks like the Admin/Board is on a power trip or whomever it is.

King has been very successful at Havelock and his track record there its a no question that he should be the next HC if Wooten was to step back n Be DC again

Could The coach from New Bern be in play for havelock or do u think he leaves that area entirely bc ik from the HSOT article he going get another in state job soon so I thought he would be going to SC in all honesty

Is he from Durham n what school do u think? Bc it have to be a upgrade I mean imo it hard leave a team when u just went 16-0 n won the chip
Durham Hillside, no wonder a few of their top players transferred to Southern Durham this summer.

Last edited:
What a complete mess. I knew they were crazy down there when they wouldn't take care of things their State Champion coaches asked for, but this is insane situation now at both of those schools.

Board voted no on the hire, not sure what the next steps are. What a mess.
I need to back track. Don't close the book on this yet. There is a real good chance King will still be coach. Actually, if i were forced to bet, i would bet he will be coach. I learned some things that I can't share.

Reactions: dogs79
A team that has a pretty rich history and loaded with athletes. Plus, better pay, less politics, and more to do over in the triangle. Great fit for him and his family.
I’m sad to see him go cause we never beat New Bern while he was there lol sucks we couldn’t get our lick back first 😂 but nah it’s a great move for him

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
I have only been through Havelock one time. Does Havelock have a downtown? Never could find it.

Next highest up on the food chain behind Caleb. He's been there awhile.

This is getting crazy. My buddy who has a son on the team, said it is nuts what's going on. What is your thoughts on Wotten? I've heard good things about him, been there awhile. But didn't everyone want King? Will King be on the staff?

This is getting crazy. My buddy who has a son on the team, said it is nuts what's going on. What is your thoughts on Wotten? I've heard good things about him, been there awhile. But didn't everyone want King? Will King be on the staff?
The Wooten’s seem like good people to me, for sure. King will be on staff.

Next highest up on the food chain behind Caleb. He's been there awhile.
Admin wanted King. They were going to try to have him named "interim coach" to make it happen, but evident BOE didn't like that either. Apparently there is something going on where the powers to be do not want him HC.

Reactions: 87SwO
What's the reasoning behind all the hate towards him? All the kids and parents love him? Did he turn down a board member or something behind closed doors?
Some of it is stemming from him leaving Craven County before to go to SC plus the whole anointing himself the HC without notifying the board. The Superintendent isn't afraid of making enemies and has made plenty since taking over. I was told she went to West Craven and I'm guessing she might hold a little bit of a grudge from when Caleb was supposed to go to West Craven to be the OC after leaving Rose and spurned them to go back to Havelock.

Reactions: 87SwO
Some of it is stemming from him leaving Craven County before to go to SC plus the whole anointing himself the HC without notifying the board. The Superintendent isn't afraid of making enemies and has made plenty since taking over. I was told she went to West Craven and I'm guessing she might hold a little bit of a grudge from when Caleb was supposed to go to West Craven to be the OC after leaving Rose and spurned them to go back to Havelock.
Not discounting your take on Super, but there is a fair amount of public service experience on board now and they have thin skins. The TD Club didn't help King"s cause either with the over the top rhetoric.

Reactions: ncjeff and dogs79
Not discounting your take on Super, but there is a fair amount of public service experience on board now and they have thin skins. The TD Club didn't help King"s cause either with the over the top rhetoric.
Yes, the lady that runs that page gets a little excited and is about to really hit the keyboard when she hears what happened.

There has to be something - Maybe he rubbed the BOE the wrong way or burnt his bridge u see that with other coaches that get fired or resigned so

I know if you leave Carteret County, you're pretty much not allowed back. May be going the same way in Craven. They got some hurt feelings down there and obviously are holding a grudge. Good luck to the coach who runs the program this year. Get the popcorn ready for the off season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT