ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Caleb King is new head coach at Havelock. Coach Wooten will still be on staff.

What does it really change? Caleb is now HC instead of an assistant and Wooten is now an assistant instead of the HC?

Shady situation down there. Knew this would happen with the change, but the board is weird, to say the least.
S & J had an article in todays paper. King will be the HC eventually, but it’s not a good look for the Craven School System.

S & J had an article in todays paper. King will be the HC eventually, but it’s not a good look for the Craven School System.
It's a cluster when things like this happens for a county. I know the coaches fought for better pay for years, then turnover in New Bern and Havelock. Now New Bern is back, Havelock never really left the state contender conversation. With the school board getting involved because they didn't "bless the hire" before it was announced is not a good look for future coaching changes that might occur. Would they care if the Head Track Coach decided to step away and the assistant coach was named HC?! I think not. Havelock just hired the hometown guy, let it be and move on if Coach Wooten is all good with it. Politics again in public education with people making decisions about stuff they don't need to handle.

Reactions: ncjeff
Speaking of " Was only a matter of time" what have you heard about what's been going on at NB?
As you probably know, the Craven County school system is well behind most states and have seen and will continue to see coaches come and go. We didn’t expect to have Coach Nowell lead the program for long but I think we’ll have him for at least one more season. Go 🐻

As you probably know, the Craven County school system is well behind most states and have seen and will continue to see coaches come and go. We didn’t expect to have Coach Nowell lead the program for long but I think we’ll have him for at least one more season. Go 🐻
Intresting

Can't blame him for leaving if he does. Sp much more money in other areas of NC and obviously in SC.

There is more going on than can be shared on this forum.
That's weird. Threw every rumor out there for the Tuscola thread earlier this winter. LOL. No matter the circumstances, I expect he'll move on after this season, perhaps with another Ring. Teams have a tough time with the triple and smash mouth football!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT