ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs New Bern

I still think we will be ok in 3a we had a touchdown called back and we was able to move the ball down the field just couldn’t put it in the end zone
Okay as in winning it all still? You said havelock was your pick not too long ago

I guess only time will tell. It’s still early in the season. There’s a few undefeated teams in 3A right now that I don’t see even coming out of their side of the bracket.
I’ve watched all the top teams kings mountain is not better than nb neither is Dudley

east side we have jh rose northern nash jacksonville seventy 1st only teams we really have to worry bout my eyes this game will help havelock tho I didn’t really see it being 27-0 i feel like it was a lot closer than this score indicated but it’s ok see y’all next year lol

Reactions: SPRaiders78
I’ve watched all the top teams kings mountain is not better than nb neither is Dudley

east side we have jh rose northern nash jacksonville seventy 1st only teams we really have to worry bout my eyes this game will help havelock tho I didn’t really see it being 27-0 i feel like it was a lot closer than this score indicated but it’s ok see y’all next year lol
I’ve seen Havelock though and I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even make the championship game or make it and lose.

I still think we will be ok in 3a we had a touchdown called back and we was able to move the ball down the field just couldn’t put it in the end zone
We we learn how play clean games we will become a better team, until that happens, the yellow flag will always be our down fall. It has been for a while. Also we didn’t adjust well at all, not sure if it is me but just watching from a distance we have great preparation we have no creativity to overcome adversity we panic or just keep doing the same thing. The NB coaching staff have evolved with the athletes they have. We are a good team but we have failed to really see how good we really can be. I saw that last week in the next man up at QB. Hopefully we tighten up in the next few games or it will be the same old successful season with a disappointing ending caused by the little yellow flag

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
We we learn how play clean games we will become a better team, until that happens, the yellow flag will always be our down fall. It has been for a while. Also we didn’t adjust well at all, not sure if it is me but just watching from a distance we have great preparation we have no creativity to overcome adversity we panic or just keep doing the same thing. The NB coaching staff have evolved with the athletes they have. We are a good team but we have failed to really see how good we really can be. I saw that last week in the next man up at QB. Hopefully we tighten up in the next few games or it will be the same old successful season with a disappointing ending caused by the little yellow flag
I agree with everything you said

Why they do that ? That’s messed up
KJ was fooling around in an interview with channel 12 about the havelock shutout streak and that we were going to break it and then a jab that it wasn’t a rival to him since they hadn’t beat him. He’s the most humble kid you’ll ever meet but they’re having fun their senior year. Guess the Ram staff took it seriously.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
How about the Havelock coaches not shaking KJ’s hand after the game. Come on, now.
That is messed up…. I am not sold on the coaching staff at HHS. Seems we are right back where we started before JB. Anyway just my thoughts. If I was KJ I would do my best to Beat the brakes off us every year. He is doing a great job and has pushed his guys to there potential. He pretty much said I am going to run it stop
Me. 54 rushes for 364 yards and 1 pass we should be ashamed not HHS football at all if the Offense putters the D always was rock solid

• Haha
Reactions: ncjeff and UNC_91
KJ was fooling around in an interview with channel 12 about the havelock shutout streak and that we were going to break it and then a jab that it wasn’t a rival to him since they hadn’t beat him. He’s the most humble kid you’ll ever meet but they’re having fun their senior year. Guess the Ram staff took it seriously.
Yeah it’s not that serious maybe they was hurt about the shutout actually happening but no reason to act like that toward a teenager, congratulations on the win and hope y’all bring a trophy back to craven county

Yeah it’s not that serious maybe they was hurt about the shutout actually happening but no reason to act like that toward a teenager, congratulations on the win and hope y’all bring a trophy back to craven county
Y’all too. #4 is a beast on defense for the Rams. Hope he gets a chance to play on Saturday’s.

Reactions: UNC_91

The scoreboard says it was 27-0 so that’s the way we see it 🤷

State title contenders do not get goose egged in rivalry games. Havelock needs to focus on getting through the East first before looking west.

• Haha
And havelock had a td called back and also got in nb red zone two other times just couldn’t put it in as nb made big plays with a sack and also nb is a top 5 team in the state they would shutout alot of teams that are considered great in nc

we also held nb to their second lowest scoring this season so we have positives on our side with the negatives maybe u should worry about your team and stop worrying about our conference where your team wouldn’t even be top 3 in the conference

and this is also coming off some our players having to sit a game before this big game either way I’m not worried about no one in 3a cause I know for a fact no one in 3a is better than nb

We seen what they did to new Hanover and that same team beat one the best teams in Charlotte butler that some you 3a teams out west won’t even play… lmao i stay in concord down the street from jay m Robinson so I know how close all y’all teams are to each other specially after I worked at Mclane and delivered in all the surrounding areas theirs no reason y’all won’t play the top teams in Charlotte except y’all scared to

I don’t why you rolling your eyes. Football is about match ups, that’s all I basically said.
My bad, that eye roll wasn’t intended for your comment. It was intended for the comment that whoever is coming out of the East will win it all in 3A. We shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC_91 and New3ra
I think all teams need to focus on getting through their regular season first before thinking about playoffs and state championship game matchups. There is alot of football to be played. Games do come down to matchups, key injuries and who is peaking at the right time. Also coaching is huge especially in the playoffs. I think every team has a nightmare football matchup that it doesn’t want to see see on the sideline across from them. EF, Chambers, and Hough are head and shoulders above anyone else in 4A followed by Mallard Creek and then there is another drop off to Cardinal Gibbons, Catholic, Weddington, etc. I have New Bern between 9-12 in 4A. I just do not see New Bern running the ball consistently on the elite teams in 4A.
3A is another deal. The teams that are sound in all areas of their games(offense, defense, special teams) that can make big plays at key times and has excellent coaching have a chance. Matchups are key because all of the 3A teams have some deficiencies that can be exploited depending on the opponent. Depth is huge in 3A and below.
My belief is that 3A teams coming out of the West play against a more variety of football offenses than their 3A East counterparts so this can give them an advantage in state championship games. Most of the top teams in the 3A east are run heavy with the exception of Rose. Most of the top 3A West teams are equally comfortable passing the ball as running with the exception of South Point. Match ups, match ups, match ups. It tough to prepare and play against schemes that you haven’t experienced all year.

Reactions: Champ_24 and New3ra
I think all teams need to focus on getting through their regular season first before thinking about playoffs and state championship game matchups. There is alot of football to be played. Games do come down to matchups, key injuries and who is peaking at the right time. Also coaching is huge especially in the playoffs. I think every team has a nightmare football matchup that it doesn’t want to see see on the sideline across from them. EF, Chambers, and Hough are head and shoulders above anyone else in 4A followed by Mallard Creek and then there is another drop off to Cardinal Gibbons, Catholic, Weddington, etc. I have New Bern between 9-12 in 4A. I just do not see New Bern running the ball consistently on the elite teams in 4A.
3A is another deal. The teams that are sound in all areas of their games(offense, defense, special teams) that can make big plays at key times and has excellent coaching have a chance. Matchups are key because all of the 3A teams have some deficiencies that can be exploited depending on the opponent. Depth is huge in 3A and below.
My belief is that 3A teams coming out of the West play against a more variety of football offenses than their 3A East counterparts so this can give them an advantage in state championship games. Most of the top teams in the 3A east are run heavy with the exception of Rose. Most of the top 3A West teams are equally comfortable passing the ball as running with the exception of South Point. Match ups, match ups, match ups. It tough to prepare and play against schemes that you haven’t experienced all year.
We’ll see here soon enough. That New Bern D is pretty damn good, too.

And havelock had a td called back and also got in nb red zone two other times just couldn’t put it in as nb made big plays with a sack and also nb is a top 5 team in the state they would shutout alot of teams that are considered great in nc

we also held nb to their second lowest scoring this season so we have positives on our side with the negatives maybe u should worry about your team and stop worrying about our conference where your team wouldn’t even be top 3 in the conference

and this is also coming off some our players having to sit a game before this big game either way I’m not worried about no one in 3a cause I know for a fact no one in 3a is better than nb

We seen what they did to new Hanover and that same team beat one the best teams in Charlotte butler that some you 3a teams out west won’t even play… lmao i stay in concord down the street from jay m Robinson so I know how close all y’all teams are to each other specially after I worked at Mclane and delivered in all the surrounding areas theirs no reason y’all won’t play the top teams in Charlotte except y’all scared to
Dude what are you talking about?

• Haha
We’ll see here soon enough. That New Bern D is pretty damn good, too.
I had the opportunity to watch NB in the state championship games against Porter Ridge and also against Charlotte Catholic. NB had really good athletes and great community support. I would love to see you guys make it back to the big game. Is there any teams in the East that worries you?

I had the opportunity to watch NB in the state championship games against Porter Ridge and also against Charlotte Catholic. NB had really good athletes and great community support. I would love to see you guys make it back to the big game. Is there any teams in the East that worries you?
Gibbons and their defense look really good. Hillside looks to be back to form and Wake Forest will be a tough out. Rolesville still has weapons on O.

New Bern just ran it down the number 2 team throat in va that is 5a wth are u talking bout 🤡 the same team that only lost against new Bern and the team they played in states last year… new Bern didn’t lose last year because of offense they lost because of their pass defense which is way better this year… and like I said they would beat a lot of top teams in nc and hold them to 7 or fewer points this year

Maury scored 14
New Hanover scored 3
And that is all the teams who has scored on new bern this year and u on here worried about havelock lmao havelock will be fine like I said and when we get to the playoffs don’t come back to my post sucking me when i told u so already

• Haha
So like I said New Bern is top 5
Hough honestly might be the only team that MIGHT be better and that I have seen
I’d say chambers is tied with them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT