ADVERTISEMENT

Guilford County Pick 'Em

GSO-Triple5

Dec 5, 2010
Greensboro, N.C.
This is a pick 'em contest, picking with the line that will be posted in the next sentence or two. This line may not be within ten collard fields of Mister Simmons' lines when he releases them later on in the week, but then MIster Simmons ain't runnin' this Dog and Pony Show. Mister Simmons knows what he's doing and I'm coming up with gut numbers, or numbers that should entangle the cranium fibers at that particular moment, in this particular environment. If you should decide to enter this contest, you must pick with the line. In other words, if Page is a fourty point favorite over Charlotte Olympic and you pick Page and the Pirates win by thirty nine, you accumulate the L. I'm sure the long in the tooth prognosicators slash predictors may chuckle over the previous " instructions, " but not everyone was around when light bulbs were invented. There will also be an over slash under number so they'll be more variables in this athletic slash sociologyical experiment. All posters from across North Carolina and the United States are welcome to guess at the outcomes, the same as we " locals " . Pick the correct game you accumulate four points, ditto for the over slash under....

-- Southeast at Davie........Davie minus thirteen.........the over slash under is 43
-- Southwest at Watauga...Southwest by seven.........................the over slash under is 39
-- Alexander Central at Dudley.....Dudley minus thirty eight.......the over slash under is 49
-- Charlotte Olympic at Page......Page minus twenty nine.......the over slash under is 47
-- Northwest at Charlotte Myers Park......Myers Park by seven.....the over slash under is 40

Watauga wins by 21..having seen them both play towards the end of the year SWG will need to play a very disciplined game. It might be a track meet.There will be more than 39 scored. Watauga averages 51 points per game. Not sure on anyone else..goes back in my have....

So I'm assumin', Mister U.R. Belowme that you desire Boone Watauga plus the seven and the over thirty nine. Would you care to pick the rest of the lot, or are you puttin' all your chickens in that one used Kelvinator box ?
P.S. By the way, Mister Belowme, the original poster who claims to be co-founder of Triad Ball Game Pickin' Association, he has Dudley minus thirty eight and the over slash under at fourty nine That ain't much wiggle room for that particular event. So, Greensboro Page is playin' the damn Olympic team ? The friggin' United States Football Olympic team and he has them plus twenty nine ? Hell, I'll take the Olympic squad before the misprint is discovered. Put me down for three dimes, original poster. What a dumbass. Good golly, Miss Molly.

By the way, the winner of this particular event will enjoy an expense paid ( kind of ) weekend of exotic enjoyment at a hotel of our choice in fascinating , titalatin', and exotic Kernersville. You'll have all access to the cement pond , if it has been sanitized for the year , the spacious and delicious breakfast bar ( don't drink the O.J. because it was rumored to have had LSD dropped into the orange juice container a few weeks ago by some late night revelers ) , the tavern will be open damn near twenty four seven, but be sure to bring your cooler, as they really don't sell beverages, they just pretend they do, so that's why you are welcome to bring your cooler into the " Bar and Grill. " While you're packing your cooler, fishing rods ( for the creek that runs behind your lodging facility ), and ear plugs ( the sheet rock is worn all to hell in the rooms, making a pin drop sound like an exploding transformer. Sorry for the noise pollution. Brang some ear plugs, or we sell them for twenty five dollars each. Not each set. Each. ), and you may desire to toss in some sandwiches as the " grill " probably won't be in operation during your particular stay ..You should also bring your aggravating cell phone, smart phone, texting machine, twitter phone, ecetra, because this joint won't have a telephone of any kind. Neither will the front desk " staff. " So, scratch your head , braid one of your goat's goatees , ask Aunt Helen to rub the lucky boil on her left buttock , and pick some winners.

So I'm assumin', Mister U.R. Belowme that you desire Boone Watauga plus the seven and the over thirty nine. Would you care to pick the rest of the lot, or are you puttin' all your chickens in that one used Kelvinator box ?
P.S. By the way, Mister Belowme, the original poster who claims to be co-founder of Triad Ball Game Pickin' Association, he has Dudley minus thirty eight and the over slash under at fourty nine That ain't much wiggle room for that particular event. So, Greensboro Page is playin' the damn Olympic team ? The friggin' United States Football Olympic team and he has them plus twenty nine ? Hell, I'll take the Olympic squad before the misprint is discovered. Put me down for three dimes, original poster. What a dumbass. Good golly, Miss Molly.
Watauga does have a great offense. They've lost two games by a total of 3 points. Granted they had of pulled those out, you'd be looking at an undefeated team--including the dropped non-conference game of course.

Maybe Mister C. T. will pull some of his infamous magic outten his cranium wearing apparel, Governor Purnell, spurring the Swamp Bears to Victory Circle.
P.S. Feel free to enter the Weekend In K-Vegas Sweepstakes, Governor. for the opportunity of a lifetime. If winning this evert , I'mma call Joss Stone to enjoy the prior discussed issues in said location of K-Vegas.

Seems I recall you and a car load of " money slangers " attended a late night soiree a few years back, Governor Purnell , after a Purnell Swett victory over either Richmond County or Scotland County. If it's the place I'mma thanken of , the ladies in there surely love to dance, nearly all of 'em asked me and the crowd I was visiting with something similar to this statement, " Hey, darlin',do you desire a private dance , " and some statements such as the following, " Hey ,Daddy, how 'bout purchasin' me a fancy likker drank, " or something similar to " Whur'd all them blue hairs come from that's 'asetting out yonder at the likker servin' bar, " and statements such as " Have you seen Governor Purnell and Mister Smee ? " Well, Governor Purnell, I hadn't been payin' that much attention to the dancin' lady until she mentioned you and Mister Smee. When I slowly explained that I hadn't seen either one of yall since your television appearance on a Santa Fe, New Mexico television station, and , not to be a tattletale slash snitch, I didn't tell " Ginger " about Mister Smee being in the Confinement Facility at present. But, yeah, Governor Purnell, the soccer mom type ladies are expecting all yall to visit Friday, and I think they're expecting a three day visit from you and your entourage, and by the way, Governor, I overheard " Ginger " mention that she'll be a " hip shakin' woman when the damn Governor strolls in up in here. "

The gentlemen began to fidget , bicker, and curse as they approached the golf fields of Pinehurst
Located adjacent to Southern Pines
The had just left Raleigh's State Fair as Mister C.T. wore a hoodie that said " Bears "
MIster Smee's said " Thunderbird Wine. "

They nonchalantly approached the bar , stretching their backs from two hours in the car
Mister Smee attempted to order a drank
" I'll take a shot of that there gin, and a triple for my New Bern friend, "
Informed the dancin' girls to call him Hank.

Mister Smee, also known as Hank, told the girls his musty feet sometimes stank
C.T. just rolled his bloodshot eyes
" We'll never get nowhur's with your hillbilly-ish , self-deprecating slurs , "
" Along with that Mister Macho disguise. "

Hank sat and rubbed his chin, as C.T. ordered five more gins
MIster Smee then had an epiphany
" I'll try harder to just be me, the loveable and cunning MIster Smee, "
" And for the topless lady named Tiffany. "

C.T. had the girls in stitches, not much denim in any of 'em's britches
Hank purchased the ladies some finger food
" We gotta get the hell outten from up in here, before our names they graciously smear, "
As the jukebox blasted " Hey Jude. "

Last edited:
CT147 the Dean of New bear has 3 past Championship titles
Go Scot said how the hell is that gonna make the bears any brighter
The Bears have been talking about arriving but not showing up
The Scots have been saying they are showing up by telling the bears "Sup"

I might just go tomorrow and buy my ticket from the front office ticketguru
So I dont have to stand in line and wait behind a bunch of drunken with a corkscrew
I might thank about playing a little bit of Army and sneeking up on Go Scots
while he is disturbed with all the text from around the states big shots

I hope the best for both teams under the Friday night thriller Pate lights
Because this is going to be a game, not a magic show like Richie Rich nights
A long drive this will be for the dominant 3 state champs New Bern Bears bus
A short night this will be for the continues program The Fighting Scots

Bravo, Governor Purnell.
P.S. By the way, how are your collards holdin' up , ditto for Lonnie Farm Jimmy's . The last time I saw Lonnie Farm was in Lexington , N.C. at some kind of farm store environment. As he was exiting the establishment, I noticed a fast trot to his giddy up, noticeably discombobulated concerning an unnamed issue. When I cautiously approached Mister Farm Jimmy, that big vein on the side of the neck was all swollen, he was breathin' like a newborn piglet, and his face was red as a baboon's ass, upset because his world renowned Collard Jelly had been a mucho grande el flopo in the United Kingdom...

-- Southeast at Davie County -- Southeast has been a run it up the gut team since dinosaurs inhabited the planet, but they've thrown it some recently . Southeast finished third in the Metro Conference this year, and have been known to pull an upset here and yon in the playoffs, but this ain't one of those years. ..Davie County minus thirteen and under the fourty three.

-- Southwest at Boone Watauga. -- Knowing less about Southwest than any other Guilford County squad, the Cowboys probably play a more competitive schedule overall than the Pioneers, and I think Southwest wins and covers. ..Southwest minus seven , and under the thirty nine. ( Go ahead and throw some of them LOL's and all them laughin' yeller faces. There's a method behind this madness. )

-- Alexander Central at Dudley -- All it will take is two or three called back long gains ( reference the Dudley at Page game, when Dudley had a slew of long gains called back ) ,and Alexander Central covers the thirty eight. The Cougars of Alexander Central have put up some big offensive numbers this year, scoring over fifty about five times, if memory serves me correctly, but some of the level of competition was against some 2-A squads. They sure as hell won't score fifty against Dudley, but I do think they cover the thirty eight...Alexander Central plus thirty eight , and under the fourty nine.

-- Charlotte Olympic at Page -- Supposedly, Leake will be eased back into action this week, and that's great news for the Page Pirates. Bad news for the Olympic Trojans. Recently, the Page defense has been nasty as Granny Clodfelter's false teeth floatin' around in the likker punch bowl. Enjoy your trip to Greensboro, as the journey back down Eye Eighty Five might not be as scenic....Page minus twenty nine, and over the fourty seven.

-- Northwest at Charlotte Myers Park -- If Northwest goes down yonder and brangs their A game, they'll bring home the first prize of twenty pink flamingos. Register me for Northwest plus the seven, and under the fourty.

Reactions: swett2victory
Nice preview there GSO Triple 5. Had to let you know the Dudley Panthers are up 24-0 in the 1st with a 24 yard field goal to boot.

All scores are finals :
-- Davie County 42 Southeast 14
-- Watauga 50 Southwest 49
-- Dudley 52 Alexander Central 8
-- Page 39 Olympic 14
-- Myers Park 42 Northwest 27

We at the Triad Association For People Who Thank They Can Guess The Correct Outcomes Of Ballgames Association have some good and bad news for the gentleman that entered the Spend A Weekend At Helen's Hoetail Contest . The bad news is you went 1-9 guessing at them ball games. The " good " news is you won a weekend with Helen. I'd stock up on stun gunz , pepper spray, a good pile of kindling ( the power has been cut off and the " energy " company ain't being that hospitable ), brang a blanket or two for each patron, some Trojans in case Helen starts 'adranken and gets stirred up, and bringin' along some food is highly suggested, since there ain't any heat slash water slash beverages slash food. 1-9 ain't worth a damn, and we're considering reconsidering this whole frick frak of a contest. I wouldn't pack your Samsonite or call Ms. Stone quite yet, Sir, and I would suggest if you want to spend a weekend in K-Vegas, knock yourself out.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
She was built like a brick shat house, Ms. Victoria Vazquell, and by her side stood Governor Purnell.
She of beautiful and he of bold.
" We're here to go the bail of them two fellers that's locked up in jail, "
That had misbehaved at The Solid Gold.

Ms Vazquell sported locks of yeller, from a city block away you could smeller
Her scent the freshness of a rose
" We've come here to bail out New Bern's C T. ditto for Greenville's Jungle Smee "
" Not to drank likker or write insane prose. "

The magistrate looked sheepishly at Governor Purnell and lustfully at the sensuous Ms. Vazquell
As they sat in the Confinement Facility
He told them what he'd heard or been told of all the raisin' hell at the Club Solid Gold
As they gazed at the dancer's titilities.

" I'll tell you what Governor Purnell, I remember you from Harvard and years later at Yale "
Ms. Vazquell swept the hair from her tanned face.
" Take them somewhere else to lay up and chill , away from our Spanish Moss and fancy golf fields, "
" Move them into the Governor's Place. "

Ms Vazquell applied more lip gloss as Governor Purnell looked at his ex boss
" Maybe they'll move into my damn mansion. "
" We're always needin' some financial help and cultivatin' of fresh sea kelp, "
" And el casa needs some vast expansion. "

Mister Smee ended up on the board of directors while C.T. was a " Big League " bridge erector
Ms.Vazquell knits amongst the pines
Sometimes she makes colorful candles from broken down and used Port-A-John handles
While other days she mainly paints signs.

The Re-Evaluation Committee just re-evaluated the scoring in The Weekend In Kernersville Extravaganza Ball Game Pickin' Adventure, and have come to a solution concerning the K-Vegas weekend . First of all, the gentleman was 2-8, pickin' the games with the line, not the 1-9 tally that was first posted. If not pickin' with the point spread, the gentleman would have been 4-1 in the games, but if a goat had wings, he wouldn't have to ride in the back of the pick up truck when going into town for supplies, kudzu seeds, barley, and stuff like that. Cathy Soonlarm , that lady that returns E mails and all that crap, she said you sent her a rather impolite E mail, moanin' and pissin' about the Contest Rules and Regulations. 4-1, or 2-8, whatever, our Board Of Decision Makers have decided that you can not visit K-Vegas on our dime , but if you wish to visit there or any Triad location, we will kick in three or four dollars for some gas or possibly a six pack of Milwaukee's Best. We turned your requests over to the Contest Rules and Regulations Committee, and they said for you to " kiss a goat's ass, and tell him he can forget Kernersville. " You supposedly read the rules prior to entering, agreed to the rules before you entered, and we all hope you will fare better the next time you enter a Football Pickin' Contest, we thank you greatly for your participation, and we humbly hope this doesn't leave a thorn tree in your collard garden

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT