ADVERTISEMENT

Grizzly Brackets 10-25-2022

GrizzlyDevil

Nov 22, 2011
These brackets are as if the playoffs started today...they do not account for any predictions on this Friday nights games. I don't know enough about 1A ball to really have an input. That being said...Give me Andrews winning it all against Tarboro.

WESTEAST
1 EASTERN RANDOLPH1 TARBORO
32 SOUTH STANLY32 CHATHAM CENTRAL
16 SWAIN COUNTY16 SOUTHEAST HALIFAX
17 WINSTON SALEM PREP17 PENDER
9 EAST WILKES9 GATES COUNTY
24 CARVER24 PAMLICO COUNTY
8 ROBBINSVILLE8 NORTH EDGECOMBE
25 CHERRYVILLE25 ROCKY MOUNT PREP
------------------------------
4 MOUNT AIRY4 NORTHAMPTON CO
29 AVERY COUNTY29 UNION
13 NORTH ROWAN13 NORTHSIDE-PINETOWN
20 SOUTH DAVIDSON20 WELDON
12 HAYESVILLE12 WARREN COUNTY
21 ALLEGHANY21 PERQUIMANS
5 CHRIST THE KING5 WEST COLUMBUS
28 UNION ACADEMY28 SOUTH CREEK
2 ANDREWS2 NORTH MOORE
31 NORTH STOKES31 LEJEUNE
15 SOUTH STOKES15 BERTIE
18 MOUNTAIN HERITAGE18 BEAR GRASS
10 STARMOUNT10 WILSON PREP
23 THOMAS JEFFERSON23 NW HALIFAX
7 MURPHY7 RIVERSIDE-MARTIN
26 ALBEMARLE26 KIPP
3 THOMASVILLE3 ROSEWOOD
30 ELKIN30 JONES
14 MOUNTAIN ISLAND14 NORTH DUPLIN
19 BESSEMER CITY19 LAKEWOOD
11 MITCHELL11 HOBBTON
22 CHEROKEE22 WASHINGTON CO
6 DRAUGHN6 SOUTHSIDE
27 BISHOP MCGUINNESS27 EAST COLUMBUS
Looking InNot Enough Games to Qualify
HIGHLAND TECHCOLUMBIA
ROSMAN

Not a whole lot difference between yours and highschoolot predictions in the West few like they switch seeds between Swain & South Stokes. Few more in the East the biggest difference I noticed something in theirs that was a was a part of the conversation we had about what to do with Bear Grass they have them at #7 apparently they're giving them a conference championship even though they've played some questionable teams that should count it's going to be interesting to see how that actually turns out.

Not a whole lot difference between yours and highschoolot predictions in the West few like they switch seeds between Swain & South Stokes. Few more in the East the biggest difference I noticed something in theirs that was a was a part of the conversation we had about what to do with Bear Grass they have them at #7 apparently they're giving them a conference championship even though they've played some questionable teams that should count it's going to be interesting to see how that actually turns out.
RPI gets tweaked a lot...so the difference in the west is no surprise...we probably worked off two different versions.

In the east BGC is under 0.500 so I have them as an auto WC.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
RPI gets tweaked a lot...so the difference in the west is no surprise...we probably worked off two different versions.

In the east BGC is under 0.500 so I have them as an auto WC.
Well I'm not saying you're wrong just that BGC has been a subject of conversation because of their unique situation, if they win Friday they'll be .500 but the rule is 1-5 conference conference champion .500 and/or 3rd in a split conference but they not a split conference or in really in a conference they're all alone plus some say they've played 8 man teams.
Looks like this is the first time they've played enough games to qualify for the playoffs since going from A-AA system to just A so I'm just going to be curious how it all shakes out.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Well I'm not saying you're wrong just that BGC has been a subject of conversation because of their unique situation, if they win Friday they'll be .500 but the rule is 1-5 conference conference champion .500 and/or 3rd in a split conference but they not a split conference or in really in a conference they're all alone plus some say they've played 8 man teams.
Looks like this is the first time they've played enough games to qualify for the playoffs since going from A-AA system to just A so I'm just going to be curious how it all shakes out.
Yea I read somewhere they are the only 11-man team in their schedule? So will definitely be interesting where they are placed.

Yea I read somewhere they are the only 11-man team in their schedule? So will definitely be interesting where they are placed.
Well I just read an article about BGS last game getting beat buy 9-0 John Paul ll Catholic 35 -13 who is a NCISAA Big 8 team the article also mentioned that that it was JPII 5th win in 11-man games including Bishop McGuinness & Northwest Halifax.
I've been wondering how that works one subtracting 3 players or the other adding 3, apparently in they way they phase it
"five victories in 11-man games" that they add 3 players to play 11-man teams probably have to because just not enough 8-man teams around.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Well I just read an article about BGS last game getting beat buy 9-0 John Paul ll Catholic 35 -13 who is a NCISAA Big 8 team the article also mentioned that that it was JPII 5th win in 11-man games including Bishop McGuinness & Northwest Halifax.
I've been wondering how that works one subtracting 3 players or the other adding 3, apparently in they way they phase it
"five victories in 11-man games" that they add 3 players to play 11-man teams probably have to because just not enough 8-man teams around.
That is crazy! Kudos to them. 8-man football is so different. I was looking at their rules and the max amount of players they can have on their roster is only like 25. I mean everything is different. For them to be able to adjust to the rules and everything for 11-man and win games that is awesome.

That is crazy! Kudos to them. 8-man football is so different. I was looking at their rules and the max amount of players they can have on their roster is only like 25. I mean everything is different. For them to be able to adjust to the rules and everything for 11-man and win games that is awesome.
It is strange. Out of curiosity I was looking up JPll schedule funny how they play Northwest Halifax but don't play fellow 8-man Halifax Academy. But as far as roster something off maybe it's MaxPreps but if the 12 8-man teams they have listed in the ncisaa 8-man most are 25 or less some only 13-14 players but a couple with over 30 and they have JPll roster listing 46 players.
And BGC plays 3 of those 12.

Last edited:
It is strange. Out of curiosity I was looking up JPll schedule funny how they play Northwest Halifax but don't play fellow 8-man Halifax Academy. But as far as roster something off maybe it's MaxPreps but if the 12 8-man teams they have listed in the ncisaa 8-man most are 25 or less some only 13-14 players but a couple with over 30 and they have JPll roster listing 46 players.
And BGC plays 3 or those 12.
Maybe they are allowed to have more on the roster if they play against 11-man teams.

Poor South Stokes and Elkin.. talk about being thrown into the meat grinder like Mikey Myers was. South has both the ectasy of hosting a game but the agony of it being one of the best programs in WNC. Ouch. Elkin and Thomasville's a game we always wanted to see.. to bad it's 19 years too late.

That East Wilkes vs Carver game though.. that one would honestly be super fun to watch. If it happens I may go watch it.

I believe Tarboro’s RPI lead is too much to overcome. Tarboro should win their game won’t drop that much. Tarboro will end up as the #1 seed in the east.
1Tarboro0.888890.594140.528030.66273
2North Moore1.000000.418870.443870.60071
Right I don't see any mathematical way with NM's owp probably going to drop in below .3900 area and at even with some game loses of opponents they've played I don't see Tarboro owp doing no worst than .5444 area so without Tarboro's oowp dropping quite a bit and NM's going up quite a bit I don't see NM jumping to #1 even with a Tarboro lost which probably isn't going happen anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT