ADVERTISEMENT

Greater Metro 4

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Here’s my early thoughts on the GM4

1. Hickory Ridge- possibly in a better spot this season. Hamilton comes back, along with the majority of their line. The JV QB coming up is a stud, would have started for a lot of varsity teams if it wasn’t for Bentley. Safe bet HR will be everyone’s preseason conference favorites

2. Lake Norman- here’s where things get interesting. Because I think 2-4 are under a blanket. But I give the Wildcats the nod due to the level of senior experience this season. Lake Norman returns the entire oline, and they might have the most size of all the teams in the GM4… anchored by 6’7, 300 LB (2024) OL Ethan Calloway. Mix that with them always being a very well coached team, and I think this is a big year for LKn

3. Mooresville… I think the Blue Devils have the talent to challenge at the top. It’s just raw and inexperienced. I’d argue this Mooresville team might have some of the most talented skill positions players they’ve had in quite a while. The freshman class coming in looks strong. The big question is going to be on the OL. Having to replace 4 starters (I think). 6’1, 205 LB is going to be a load this season

4. AL Brown… This is another team I feel has enough talent to make a run at the GM4. They picked up one of the most explosive weapons in the conference last season, Christian Hopper, from West Cabarrus. Expect the wonders the be explosive on offense this season. And as always, extremely well coached.

5. Cox Mill… Chargers have put together an incredibly strong staff this off-season. Couple that with a lot of good returning players, expect the chargers to be a really competitive team. Have a feeling this will be a high octane offense.

6. West Cabarrus… they have some good returning pieces, but they have lost some really crucial guys this summer. Wolverines possess a lot of speed on both sides of the ball.

7. South Iredell… could be a tough season for the Vikings. They will be anchored by a strong RB in Neal. But another new coaching change, coupled with what I think will be an even stronger season from the GM4 as a whole, lots of obstacles for the Vikings to overcome this year.

Blue06 your picks is just as good as if I would have listed. That sounds about right. Agree that 2-4 could be different. Bottom 3 possibly different. Who knows at this point. I’m ready for another fun season.

What position does the transfer to Brown play.

Kid is absolutely electric. If you’ve got a QB with a solid arm down field then you guys are going to light up a score board.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
What was the name of the QB for AL Brown that replaced the one that got injured last season. He seem to do really well.

While I don’t disagree here is my thinking

1. Mooresville: Mooresville has add a few pieces that will help and as well Mooresville will have their Starting QB back. Defense will be strong lead by Caleb Edstrom. I think we will be OK in WR and have solid RB core.

2. Hickory Ridge: HR technically has brand new team bc they have a New QB and 1/2 of their best WR coming back, they did lose some on their Defense. They did have a Solid IV and They have good coaching so Time will tell.

3. LN: LN returned a solid core and they had success last yr. They have to learn to pass the ball more, I just personally think they lost to much talent which help them last yr but will see - LN will be tough n competitive like usual

4. Cox Mill: They have some talent but I’m very high on their coaching staff. They will improve from last yr but do they have enough talent to compete ? They are my dark horse

5. AL Brown: Will have a new QB and I think they have some solid talent back again but I think everything has to gel and come together this year if they wanna be successful. I think Some ALB fans think they underachieved last yr

6. West Cab: Just won’t have the talent and I think they are rebuilding. I know they lost one of their better linemen to HR so WC will take their lump this year

7. South Iredell; SI had some talent but won’t be able to keep up with Most teams in the conference. They rebuilding and I think they are hoping to be 3A sooner rather then later

What was the name of the QB for AL Brown that replaced the one that got injured last season. He seem to do really well.
Ashnah Lowery he will be a Senior this year if he stayed . If the other 2 WR’s stayed they will be solid at the WR position.

A couple of teams in this conference may get a WR that has some speed and shiftiness. This kid will be another weapon for wherever he decides to go.
Well doubt it’ll be Lake Norman unless it’s a blocking WR 😂 (base offense being the triple). Mooresville would make sense since we have a whole new WR group this year, HR makes sense because they are probably the most complete team on paper right now, Cox Mill makes a lot of sense with their air raid style offense.

That’s right about LKN and he’s your slot guy you can run it as well and dangerous ST player.

Here is some good games of interest that I seen for this conference. I will list some of the teams that I feel will be good games or possible good games.

8/19 Mooresville vs Davie
8/26 Mooresville at Hough
9/2 Mooresville vs West Rowan
9/23 Mooresville vs Hickory Ridge
9/30 Mooresville at Providence
10/21 Mooresville at AL Brown
10/28 Mooresville vs Lake Norman

8/26 Hickory Ridge vs Charlotte Catholic
9/2 Hickory Ridge at Porter Ridge
9/9 Hickory Ridge at Chambers
9/23 Hickory Ridge at Mooresville

9/2 Lake Norman vs Statesville
9/9 Lake Norman at Alexander Central
9/23. Lake Norman vs AL Brown
10/7 Lake Norman at Hickory Ridge
10/21 Lake Norman vs South Iredell
10/28 Lake Norman at Mooresville

8/19 AL Brown vs North Meck
9/16. AL Brown vs Hickory Ridge
9/23 AL Brown at Lake Norman
10/21 AL Brown vs Mooresville
10/28 AL Brown at Concord

8/26 South Iredell vs Statesville
9/16 South Iredell at West Cabarrus
10/28 South Iredell vs Cox Mill

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Here’s my early thoughts on the GM4

1. Hickory Ridge- possibly in a better spot this season. Hamilton comes back, along with the majority of their line. The JV QB coming up is a stud, would have started for a lot of varsity teams if it wasn’t for Bentley. Safe bet HR will be everyone’s preseason conference favorites

2. Lake Norman- here’s where things get interesting. Because I think 2-4 are under a blanket. But I give the Wildcats the nod due to the level of senior experience this season. Lake Norman returns the entire oline, and they might have the most size of all the teams in the GM4… anchored by 6’7, 300 LB (2024) OL Ethan Calloway. Mix that with them always being a very well coached team, and I think this is a big year for LKn

3. Mooresville… I think the Blue Devils have the talent to challenge at the top. It’s just raw and inexperienced. I’d argue this Mooresville team might have some of the most talented skill positions players they’ve had in quite a while. The freshman class coming in looks strong. The big question is going to be on the OL. Having to replace 4 starters (I think). 6’1, 205 LB is going to be a load this season

4. AL Brown… This is another team I feel has enough talent to make a run at the GM4. They picked up one of the most explosive weapons in the conference last season, Christian Hopper, from West Cabarrus. Expect the wonders the be explosive on offense this season. And as always, extremely well coached.

5. Cox Mill… Chargers have put together an incredibly strong staff this off-season. Couple that with a lot of good returning players, expect the chargers to be a really competitive team. Have a feeling this will be a high octane offense.

6. West Cabarrus… they have some good returning pieces, but they have lost some really crucial guys this summer. Wolverines possess a lot of speed on both sides of the ball.

7. South Iredell… could be a tough season for the Vikings. They will be anchored by a strong RB in Neal. But another new coaching change, coupled with what I think will be an even stronger season from the GM4 as a whole, lots of obstacles for the Vikings to overcome this year.
Great breakdown and I 100% agree with this take on how this league will play out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT