ADVERTISEMENT

Glenn job is open

I hope Glenn can find a good replacement and keep their good athletes at Glenn. I dont know much to what goes on in Kernersville., but why do they lose players to East Forsyth? Can anyone give out a good list of candiates for the Glenn job?

Last edited:
Just a couple of names to throw in. Laymarr Marshall, Fritz Hessenthaler if he is allowed to coach again. Glenn is a good location to build a good football program. I thought Stevenson did a great job, but my ? Why do players want to leave Glenn for programs like East Forsyth? I believe Glenn vs East Forsyth games can be very competive, if the athletes can stay at Glenn. Its seem like athletes from Carver, Walkertown, Glenn all want to go to East Forsyth. What is so special about going there? Their not going to win a State Title anytime soon.

Just a couple of names to throw in. Laymarr Marshall, Fritz Hessenthaler if he is allowed to coach again. Glenn is a good location to build a good football program. I thought Stevenson did a great job, but my ? Why do players want to leave Glenn for programs like East Forsyth? I believe Glenn vs East Forsyth games can be very competive, if the athletes can stay at Glenn. Its seem like athletes from Carver, Walkertown, Glenn all want to go to East Forsyth. What is so special about going there? Their not going to win a State Title anytime soon.
Just because a coach is a good coach doesn’t mean their name should be thrown around for every job. Fritz is not a good fit for Glenn. Southern Alamance outside of the mess that transpired was a great fit for him or Southeast. You have to think about the location and type of kids he would be coaching.

Reactions: Doppleganger#
Just because a coach is a good coach doesn’t mean their name should be thrown around for every job. Fritz is not a good fit for Glenn. Southern Alamance outside of the mess that transpired was a great fit for him or Southeast. You have to think about the location and type of kids he would be coaching.
I believe Frtitz retired.....

Glenn could be a good place. And in Forsyth co it only takes that right hire to make a team a power. With open enrollment or what ever they call it, hire someone that gets everyone excited and then next thing you know everyone is going to Glenn. Id also say close enough to guilford co that might convince some to come across the county line without much trouble.

Thing about Glenn is this, Glenn gets very lost in the shuffle in WSFC. You never hear anything about them good or bad. It's like people who work/coach/live in Winston are like oh yea Glenn is in Forsyth County. Also as a football coach you do have to contend with East Forsyth and there are very few school in that Area that can. So you will lose kids to Tabor/East/West. Is it a bad job ? No, but it is not a great job. Lower tier job in WSFC

All very true, I just think if they hire a big enough name they could stop so many kids from leaving and maybe start winning some of the recruiting battles in the county.

All very true, I just think if they hire a big enough name they could stop so many kids from leaving and maybe start winning some of the recruiting battles in the county.
Glenn doesn't need a big name coach.. They need a coach with a connection to Forsyth County that can use the open enrollment to their advantage. Kids will still come to Glenn.

Reactions: nwguilford007
Glenn doesn't need a big name coach.. They need a coach with a connection to Forsyth County that can use the open enrollment to their advantage. Kids will still come to Glenn.
Maybe, a good qualified assisitant from Tabor, East Forsyth, or ? Would be a good fit for Glenn. If the athletes will stay at Glenn. Glenn is a winning football program.

Reactions: nwguilford007
I hear Stevenson is going to take the Northeast job which is great fit. Not as easy to lose kids and they have enough kids to complete. Rumors have it, East has loaded up again with kids from every school. I understand the concern and I do see why the stepdown was necessary for his legacy. Good luck Stevenson and I know you will do well.

Reactions: omega385
I hear Stevenson is going to take the Northeast job which is great fit. Not as easy to lose kids and they have enough kids to complete. Rumors have it, East has loaded up again with kids from every school. I understand the concern and I do see why the stepdown was necessary for his legacy. Good luck Stevenson and I know you will do well.
That's Forsyth county.

He took the job like last week but yeah it’s a good job. A lot of upside but not a ton of high expectations to win right now.

I got to speak with a guy last year that used to coach at EF. Said it was 24-7-365 exactly what you hear.

Ask the kids why they want to transfer and go play for Coach Willert. Willert has been at East for almost 25 years. When other coaches look for a bigger better jobs Todd Willet has stayed and got kids to the next level and won State Championships.

You all know who I want to see as the HC of Glenn! Could you imagine those story lines? I think the only way to get kids from going to East Forsyth is to hire a former East Forsyth coach.

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Well if you are talking about the old DC from EF is he even coaching???? So also Todd Shuping is a former EF coach and he is not coaching either. None of the current HC in WSFCS are looking to leave as far as I know and the two that are out in the Raleigh Area are not coming back. You might get an assistant from Charlotte maybe but its late in the year for that. Who from Guilford county could Glenn get??? If you look at this the timing is awful for Glenn to be shopping for a new head football coach, its almost April

Reactions: New3ra
Dudley's HC Davis is closer to retiring than many ppl think. I heard he was considering it a couple of months back. I think they have been considering a certain coach down in Charlotte to replace him and the OC is another candidate.

Dudley's HC Davis is closer to retiring than many ppl think. I heard he was considering it a couple of months back. I think they have been considering a certain coach down in Charlotte to replace him and the OC is another candidate.
You have bad intel..sit this one out.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Any updates? Hopefully, they will find a HC. That will keep Glenn athletes at Glenn. Glenn will be a winning program if the athletes stay.

Hopefully, keep the good athletes at Glenn. Or maybe Glenn can get some transfer portals from other areas. Good luck to the Glenn football program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT