ADVERTISEMENT

Girls? (Top Teams?)

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
What do you guys think? I'll name a few teams around the Piedmont that I think might be worth watching........

4A......SW Guilford, NW Guilford, Hillside, West Forsyth, Reagan, RJ Reynolds, Jordan, Ragsdale, Page, Dudley

3A.....Northern Guilford, Ledford, Chapel Hill, Rockingham County, Northwood, NE Guilford

2A......TW Andrews, North Surry,

1A......Atkins, Mount Airy, South Davidson, Bishop (?),

Last edited:
Reagan is absolutely no joke. In the last week, they've beaten three good teams in West Forsyth, RJ Reynolds, and Dudley. They are FUN to watch. They pass the ball really well. And they've got a good, smooth junior point guard in Amaya Tucker (who has quickly become one of my favorite players).

Last edited:
On the 2A side, North Wilkes isn't too bad either. They themselves have a good, little point guard in Victoria Young.

Last edited:
1A I think you hit it right on plus Cherokee I'm not sure who else has emerged as of yet but those are the ones I'm watching.

2a Could Salisbury be dangerous. They have the size and a really talented sophomore. You have to look at Monroe as well. They got a transfer in from VA and Anson to go with a really talented core.

3a I like what Piedmont has. Not sure who else.

1A I think you hit it right on plus Cherokee I'm not sure who else has emerged as of yet but those are the ones I'm watching.

2a Could Salisbury be dangerous. They have the size and a really talented sophomore. You have to look at Monroe as well. They got a transfer in from VA and Anson to go with a really talented core.

3a I like what Piedmont has. Not sure who else.

I liked what I saw out of South Davidson a couple of weeks ago. They're definitely better than last year's edition. The other Gardner girl's not too bad herself.

The West Montgomery girls looked pretty decent at times last night. I totally forgot that Melanie Horne was still there. I love watching her play.

In 3A, the Mid-State conference is going to be brutal. Northern Guilford, Rockingham, Williams, NE Guilford, maybe E Alamance.....all very good.

I liked what I saw out of South Davidson a couple of weeks ago. They're definitely better than last year's edition. The other Gardner girl's not too bad herself.

The West Montgomery girls looked pretty decent at times last night. I totally forgot that Melanie Horne was still there. I love watching her play.

Melanie is a very good player. We won't see West Mont this year but Melanie is a really good player and a great great kid.

Thomasville has a girl that is probably one of the fiercest competitors we have played against. Really good player.

In 2A, pay attention to Clinton. They are led by Duke signee Mikayla Boykin, the 5th ranked guard in the country, and by Alex Canady, who is also receiving D1 interest at shooting guard. Boykin averages 34 points per game and Canady is averaging 17 points per game.

In 3A, the Mid-State conference is going to be brutal. Northern Guilford, Rockingham, Williams, NE Guilford, maybe E Alamance.....all very good.

Speaking of NE Guilford, they knocked off SW Guilford by 13 last night. That's quite a statement.

Last edited:
Watch out for Clinton in 2A like it was mentioned above Mikayla Boykin is back and healthy beat West Johnston last night 89-14 to improve to 2-0

Mikayla Boykins stat line from last nights game 46 points 6 rebs 6 steals 6 assists......girl is the real deal

Good gracious. Sounds like she beat that team by herself.

She is a outstanding player through 3 games she has scored 34 46 and 33.....at some point she will need some of her teammates to carry some the load they lost to a tough Northside Jax team Thursday 70-59...she cant do it alone

Although not a "top" team, I've got to acknowledge the job that Coach Lamb is doing at Randleman at the moment. The Tiger girls are sitting at 3-2 right now. They only had one win last year.

Although not a "top" team, I've got to acknowledge the job that Coach Lamb is doing at Randleman at the moment. The Tiger girls are sitting at 3-2 right now. They only had one win last year.

I seen that last night Chute. They are looking much improved over last year. Hats off to him so far this season.

Another team showing much improvement is West Davidson. They're 2-4, but the losses are to Ledford and South Davidson. In which they played both teams to single digits, in both games this week.
They start two pretty impressive freshman and two 6 footers in the paint. Coach was a good player at Ledford back when they were dominant.
Also, don't count out East Davidson. Even with the loss of Plummer and Hallman, they are looking pretty impressive with only one loss to Ledford.

Another team showing much improvement is West Davidson. They're 2-4, but the losses are to Ledford and South Davidson. In which they played both teams to single digits, in both games this week.
They start two pretty impressive freshman and two 6 footers in the paint. Coach was a good player at Ledford back when they were dominant.
Also, don't count out East Davidson. Even with the loss of Plummer and Hallman, they are looking pretty impressive with only one loss to Ledford.

I saw ED the other night. I'm also impressed. Although their identity and make-up is radically different from the last few years, they have good chemistry and share the ball really well. I think they could potentially surprise someone come playoff time.

Speaking of Plummer, she was in the house the other night when ED played PG. She seems to be doing well at App. I'm glad to see it. She's one of my favorite girls b'ball players of all-time.

I'll have to check out WD. I don't know too much about them.....only that they've struggled a bit in recent memory. If they're playing Ledford/SD to single digits, they're not too, too bad.

Slightly off-topic....but I do know one thing about WD. They have a very underrated basketball player by the name of Scott Hughes. I enjoyed watching him last year when they came to PG.

Clinton girls have the potential to be dangerous only question mark is will role players be able to step up in the big games cause Mikayla Boykin is going to get hers same for Alex Cannady......Boykin is on a absolute tear to start the season came close to posting a quadruple double the other night 40 points 11 steals 9 rebs 8 assists Clinton girls currently 3-1

MA will get going on Tues vs Walkertown then 1st big test Wed at North Surry

NW guilford has 2 girls at over 6'4. Both underclassmen and one has multiple d1 offers Already. They'll be pretty good

I saw them the other day against Page. Liz Kitley's coming along nicely. For all you ACC buffs, she is the daughter of Ralph Kitley who played for Wake Forest in the mid- 80's.

The other girl didn't play too much. It looks like she's still trying to grow into her body. I think she'll be alright in a couple of years.

Northwest's not as powerful as last year but they didn't drop off all that severely. They still have Cayla King and they still have Bria Gibbs to complement Kitley inside. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win a state playoff game this year.

Thru 5 games Clinton's Mikayla Boykin is averaging 40.6 points she had a 50 point 12 rebound performance against Pender last night in a 92-24 win....not to be forgotten junior Alex Cannady had 25 and is averaging 19.8 a game.....those are the only two averaging in double figures on the team.....Clinton travels to a always tough conference foe East Bladen Friday and will be playing some good 4A teams up in the holiday tournament in Raleigh........still believe at some point in time Boykin and Cannady will need some of their team mates to step it up

92-24....she obviously was on the bench for the fourth quarter or more in such a blowout.

Another huge performance by Clinton and Mikayla Boykin defeated East Bladen tonight 76-32 Boykin had a triple double 50 points 14 rebounds 10 steals

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT