ADVERTISEMENT

1A Girls: Mount Airy

If I keep posting scores, it may be Girl's only until the boys can start winning.
Girls 2-0 Boys 0-2. I know the boys got a late start because of winning the Boys Football State Championship but it is hard listening to them lose every game. They will get better as they get some games in.

Fort Chiswell High School Holiday Tourney
Mount Airy - 59
Northwood - 05 ---- VA Division 1
Thanks for the score DaddyDoug.

TD, Girls won big (59-5) over Northwood today at the Fort Chiswell Tournament.
Thanks, I could not find it on the radio for some reason, It must have been an early game. I also tried streaming with just music. I had a draft set up to start the scoring and never found anything. But thanks again.

Last edited:
No problem. It wasn't on the radio, and the blow out was so big it wasn't mentioned on Twitter.

Today's girls game not on the radio either. Tommy is in Winston for Frank Spencer.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Fort Chiswell High School Holiday Tourney
Mount Airy 45
Rural Retreat 31 This may be the wrong team. I will post when I find out who MA beat.

Last edited:
Yes, Rural Retreat. A small high school near Wytheville, VA
I think they have a small dirt racetrack there. I went there back in the early 1980s with some friends. I had never heard of it. It doesn't seem like it was as big as the one in Elkin. A friend of mine bought the one in Elkin and kept it a few years and had another business and sold it so he could deal with the one that was making him the most money. New owners paved it and it did not do as well so he may have sold it, anyway the paved track was done away with and went back to dirt or clay. It was Friendship Speedway.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT