ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Basketball 24/25

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Who are the ones to watch for in girls basketball.
In 4A Lake Norman will be one of the ones to watch for.

There’s been quite a few transfers this past year that will affect some teams.
Kiki Anderson left E Lincoln for Mallard Creek, Tiara Thompson left W Rowan, LN added a couple. WS Christian and 1-of1 Prep picked up a few public/private transfers. Thompson left Union for Cannon. Jordan Speller left N Pitt for Grace Christian to name a few.
4A- LKN is probably the favorite. Watauga, N Meck, Mallard Creek should all be good.
3A- AC Reynolds is my favorite.
2A- E Burke is my favorite. N Wilkes, TW Andrews, E Surry should be tough.
1A- Cherokee will be tough to beat and should be the favorite. Bishop, Albemarle and maybe Jackson Day?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
There’s been quite a few transfers this past year that will affect some teams.
Kiki Anderson left E Lincoln for Mallard Creek, Tiara Thompson left W Rowan, LN added a couple. WS Christian and 1-of1 Prep picked up a few public/private transfers. Thompson left Union for Cannon. Jordan Speller left N Pitt for Grace Christian to name a few.
4A- LKN is probably the favorite. Watauga, N Meck, Mallard Creek should all be good.
3A- AC Reynolds is my favorite.
2A- E Burke is my favorite. N Wilkes, TW Andrews, E Surry should be tough.
1A- Cherokee will be tough to beat and should be the favorite. Bishop, Albemarle and maybe Jackson Day?
4A- Watauga will still be tough. Mallard Creek and LKN will be very good too. I don’t know much about N. Meck.
3A- ACR will be very good! I don’t know much about the east.
2A- E Burke will be very good. N Wilke will have the sisters back and they might have been the best 2A team last year prior to the one sister getting hurt. TWA will also be very good. I could see North Surry or Forbush as a surprise team.
1A- Cherokee is the favorite. Bishop is 2nd. No one else is in the same league.

She’s a true competitor and from what I have seen she carries herself well and doesn’t lose her composure.
Albemarle plays Bishop early Dec and should be a good matchup.
Do you know if Bishop has any freshman talent this year? They’ll always be in the running with Robinson in charge.
How will Mtn Heritage look? They lost quite a bit but always seem to be competitive.
Cherokee is going to be super tough to beat.

Jernigan is just a really good young lady who could put up ungodly stats if she chose to be selfish. She's the best pure shooter I've ever seen at the high school level. Most recently she was an alternate on the US National team. There's some youtube videos from her freshman and sophomore seasons which are really amazing. Bishop lost a lot and will be pretty small except for Jernigan at 5'11. Haven't seen the newcomers yet.

Cherokee should be the odds on favorite to repeat, well coached, lots of talent and perhaps the best fan base in the state (talk about travelling fans!).

Miss the old NW1A. Most people don't know that when Bishop ran off their 9 in a row they didn't event win the conference in 4 of those 9 years. Mt. Airy, East Surry, WS Prep, East Wilkes... a lot of really good girls basketball night in night out.

Looking forward to seeing Albemarle play Bishop. Went down to the game at Albemarle last year and was treated great by the folks there. Thankfully the people in the striped shirts helped us ( I was shaking my head on a lot of those calls on the bigs)

Last edited:
Also really looking forward to seeing Kate Sears from Watauga. Old school incredibly fundamentally sound player who in my opinion is severely underrated. She's committed to Virginia Tech and I think she'll end up being a star in the ACC. Reminds me very much of Sonia Citron who plays for Notre Dame. Citron's nicknamed her "Hondo, Jr". after John Havlechek of Celtics fame. Sears plays to same way, kills you quietly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT