ADVERTISEMENT

Gaston County

With all the construction going on and what all is planned, gonna be tough to keep numbers down. They are building places now that you would of been told you were crazy if you said you were building there. Some houses going up around Ramblewood are nice. The apartment complex behind Shelby is a monster. Seattle St construction is moving along.
The property / farm at the intersection of 226 and 74 that is going to be developed will definitely impact Crest numbers. I don't think that is Burns district but may be wrong considering how close the lines run in that area. The amount of homes they plan to put there is insane. I shop at that Ingles and cannot wait for the traffic and road work. SMH....

Here are some fun facts from the 2023 football season:
Cleveland County 21 wins and 0 losses against Gaston County
Cleveland County points in matchups scored 1,060
Gaston County points scored 176
Cleveland County point avg vs Gaston County 50.4 - 8.3
Gaston County was shutout 9 times in the 21 game matchups
Gaston County was held below 7pts in 16 out of the 21 head to head matchups

Cleveland County (12-0) in the Big South Conference vs Gaston County 45.5pts to 8.9pts per game

It’s uglier than we could have imagined 😳
More fun facts. Prior to KM becoming a recruiting haven and backed by crestrulz's favorite nephew "Binky" KMs "win" percentage was 35% against SP.
Last 3 games....KM is 3-0 vs. SP in the recruiting age. Congrats. Couldn't do it with the hometown folks so had to call in reinforcements. Yall are up to 39% win ratio now. Slow clap.
Props to the KM kids and people who are from there and have to deal with a pretend monster program who thinks championship is spelled "schampionshoopits" because they are so unfamiliar with the term and unaccustomed to being near one.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Gaston Co. sports have taken a paradigm shift over the last 15 years or so. The landscape of the Gastonia city schools has drastically changed and I do not see it recovering. All you have to do is look at the landscape of middle school sports within the county. Only a select few schools put worthy teams on the courts/fields in all sports aside of an occasional anomaly.
true.
...and we know GACO football is bad the last 15 years or so. Never said anything different than that.
What has happened is CC schools come a looking and offer a better football experience and many go....esp. those close to the line.
We all know those kids, where they grew up, where they still may live (!!!!!), etc.

With FV opening up and around the similar time all the mills going away - everything changed big time in greater gaston county for sure. Ashbrook and HH were monsters. NG was a huge (enrollment wise) 3a school. Even EG had a few solid years as a 4a school.

Gaston Co. sports have taken a paradigm shift over the last 15 years or so. The landscape of the Gastonia city schools has drastically changed and I do not see it recovering. All you have to do is look at the landscape of middle school sports within the county. Only a select few schools put worthy teams on the courts/fields in all sports aside of an occasional anomaly.
That’s basically what I’ve been saying the whole time and parents see this. I knew GC was on the way down back when one of the jv soccer players’ mom sued GC schools because the NG booster club allotted more money to the football program then the jv soccer team smh. GC caved to her and I knew it was going to be all down hill from that point.
Some of the best high school athletes that the state of NC has ever produced came out of Gaston County. NBA and NFL players have come out of Gaston County in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s. The talent has always been there. In today’s environment the parents of many athletes see this same paradigm and want to do better for their children. There is nothing wrong with that. Those that have the means they do what they need to do. Gaston County has many school administrators that do not care about sports now. Middle school and high school. Their actions and move show this consistently. South Point has been fortunate. SP has a solid booster program, supportive fanbase, and a network of former coaches that still support the program and help the current coaching staff. The current mediocrity in Gaston County benefits SP. East Gaston and Bessemer City have a ton of potential but they are in the county. NG has upgraded their overall coaching staff which should help but who knows. The other schools obviously do not care whatsoever about their programs or at least that’s what their actions tell people by their coaching hires and support for their programs.

That’s basically what I’ve been saying the whole time and parents see this. I knew GC was on the way down back when one of the jv soccer players’ mom sued GC schools because the NG booster club allotted more money to the football program then the jv soccer team smh. GC caved to her and I knew it was going to be all down hill from that point.
Some of the best high school athletes that the state of NC has ever produced came out of Gaston County. NBA and NFL players have come out of Gaston County in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s. The talent has always been there. In today’s environment the parents of many athletes see this same paradigm and want to do better for their children. There is nothing wrong with that. Those that have the means they do what they need to do. Gaston County has many school administrators that do not care about sports now. Middle school and high school. Their actions and move show this consistently. South Point has been fortunate. SP has a solid booster program, supportive fanbase, and a network of former coaches that still support the program and help the current coaching staff. The current mediocrity in Gaston County benefits SP. East Gaston and Bessemer City have a ton of potential but they are in the county. NG has upgraded their overall coaching staff which should help but who knows. The other schools obviously do not care whatsoever about their programs or at least that’s what their actions tell people by their coaching hires and support for their programs.
Can't believe it...but I agree with most of what you say here.
One thing though...don't see how it helps SP. I think it may hurt SP. Also the recent 2 year run they did in the playoffs had nothing to do with anybody. Weren't any recruited players involved, didn't have an easy schedule. Homegrown team that made a couple legit runs.

More fun facts. Prior to KM becoming a recruiting haven and backed by crestrulz's favorite nephew "Binky" KMs "win" percentage was 35% against SP.
Last 3 games....KM is 3-0 vs. SP in the recruiting age. Congrats. Couldn't do it with the hometown folks so had to call in reinforcements. Yall are up to 39% win ratio now. Slow clap.
Props to the KM kids and people who are from there and have to deal with a pretend monster program who thinks championship is spelled "schampionshoopits" because they are so unfamiliar with the term and unaccustomed to being near one.
The SP and KM series was pretty even until Farqueson destroyed the KM program and it had to be built back up. Farqueson set the program back over ten years. Well over 90% of KM’s rosters that whupping up on yall in this streak are KM born and raised. The best players that we had and have are KM kids. The first game in this current streak were all KM kids. They kids that signed their letter of intents were all KM except one. They say if a lie is repeated often enough than people will believe it. Also do you not realize that SP has kids from other parts of GC that moved into your district? Should those kids go back to where they grew up?What about the kids that are coming to SP when their current school year ends? Do you not realize that SP hired the youth travel football coach who is plugged in to all the young elite local talent? Should we tell families not to move into all the new homes that are being built around KM? You really about to cry because KM is starting to get a lot of the Charlotte metro overflow that moving into the area. Also please have Ashbrook, HH, FV, and Mt Island Charter send the KM raised kids back to us since they weren’t suppose to move out of KM by your logic. Again SP needs to worry about the dirt in its own house before throwing rocks. When you talk about SP/KM football history please don’t leave out the part where SP had to forfeit games for using an ineligible player who didnt live in your district. It helped us win the conference that year lol

Can't believe it...but I agree with most of what you say here.
One thing though...don't see how it helps SP. I think it may hurt SP. Also the recent 2 year run they did in the playoffs had nothing to do with anybody. Weren't any recruited players involved, didn't have an easy schedule. Homegrown team that made a couple legit runs.
I agree that down the road GC will probably end up hurting SP as more of the old blood is cycled out and younger no ties or loyalty to anyone is cycled into administration positions.

SP like everybody else is just one bad principle hire from disaster. Right now athletics is a vital part of SPHS. (Not that anyone on this site cares but SP’s Men Tennis just won the State 3A title.). It may not always be the case. As long as SP can keep it’s home grown coaches in place, I don’t see football suffering any time soon.

The SP and KM series was pretty even until Farqueson destroyed the KM program and it had to be built back up. Farqueson set the program back over ten years. Well over 90% of KM’s rosters that whupping up on yall in this streak are KM born and raised. The best players that we had and have are KM kids. The first game in this current streak were all KM kids. They kids that signed their letter of intents were all KM except one. They say if a lie is repeated often enough than people will believe it. Also do you not realize that SP has kids from other parts of GC that moved into your district? Should those kids go back to where they grew up?What about the kids that are coming to SP when their current school year ends? Do you not realize that SP hired the youth travel football coach who is plugged in to all the young elite local talent? Should we tell families not to move into all the new homes that are being built around KM? You really about to cry because KM is starting to get a lot of the Charlotte metro overflow that moving into the area. Also please have Ashbrook, HH, FV, and Mt Island Charter send the KM raised kids back to us since they weren’t suppose to move out of KM by your logic. Again SP needs to worry about the dirt in its own house before throwing rocks. When you talk about SP/KM football history please don’t leave out the part where SP had to forfeit games for using an ineligible player who didnt live in your district. It helped us win the conference that year lol
Well whoever this youth coach is that being brought in - I doubt he will make the difference you are thinking. SP isn't like all these other schools. "Elite talent" is a funny term considering that less than one percent of THE BEST athletes in GC and CC combined are considered elite talent. We don't have too many picking between Alabama and Georgia around here every year.
You can't be serious about FV, HH, MIC, Ash taking from KM. I'm sure all those schools would do an even trade back IF they have any KM kids. What little bit of recruiting those teams do is gonna be getting 1 or 2 while giving up 1 or 2. Problem is KM has a big name donor shelling out $ in many ways and the loudest, most braggadocious from GACO making moves over there and stirring up stuff. Yall might as well just put up a billboard.

• Haha
Well whoever this youth coach is that being brought in - I doubt he will make the difference you are thinking. SP isn't like all these other schools. "Elite talent" is a funny term considering that less than one percent of THE BEST athletes in GC and CC combined are considered elite talent. We don't have too many picking between Alabama and Georgia around here every year.
You can't be serious about FV, HH, MIC, Ash taking from KM. I'm sure all those schools would do an even trade back IF they have any KM kids. What little bit of recruiting those teams do is gonna be getting 1 or 2 while giving up 1 or 2. Problem is KM has a big name donor shelling out $ in many ways and the loudest, most braggadocious from GACO making moves over there and stirring up stuff. Yall might as well just put up a billboard.
Your post is nonsensical. You give the real SP fans a bad name and you aren’t that bright. I am probably going back and forth with some one who is wearing diapers and has a bib on smh..

• Haha
Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
Your post is nonsensical. You give the real SP fans a bad name and you aren’t that bright. I am probably going back and forth with some one who is wearing diapers and has a bib on smh..
My post doesn't make sense? You are on a HS message board constantly talking about youth football and "elite talent". You sound like one of those youth pimp coaches/uncles/hang around types that thinks he has a future lottery ticket in his back pocket by knowing the name of a good HS football player.
I think you and one of these elite youth coaches should team up and coach KM when Herron rides away after the '25 season ends.

• Haha
My post doesn't make sense? You are on a HS message board constantly talking about youth football and "elite talent". You sound like one of those youth pimp coaches/uncles/hang around types that thinks he has a future lottery ticket in his back pocket by knowing the name of a good HS football player.
I think you and one of these elite youth coaches should team up and coach KM when Herron rides away after the '25 season ends.
Fail Old Man GIF

It’s quiet so I will stir the pot some. Gaston County football coaches are really active in the high school transfer portal right now. It started in the Spring and is continuing into the summer. Four schools in particular. The things some of their coaches are saying from three of those four GC schools to these kids, their parents, and out in the community is pretty ridiculous. At least be honest, keep the focus on your own programs, and not worry about the teams in the next county that are going to whup you regardless. Definitely looking forward to playing Ashbrook, NG, and Huss in particular. I’ve never said that before. Those high school alums you have that are officiating GC high school football games can’t help you enough this upcoming season.

It’s quiet so I will stir the pot some. Gaston County football coaches are really active in the high school transfer portal right now. It started in the Spring and is continuing into the summer. Four schools in particular. The things some of their coaches are saying from three of those four GC schools to these kids, their parents, and out in the community is pretty ridiculous. At least be honest, keep the focus on your own programs, and not worry about the teams in the next county that are going to whup you regardless. Definitely looking forward to playing Ashbrook, NG, and Huss in particular. I’ve never said that before. Those high school alums you have that are officiating GC high school football games can’t help you enough this upcoming season.
Gaston county will go winless vs CC , one thing Gaston will learn don’t jump on Big Brother next county to you

South Point didn’t won’t to be left behind on stadium upgrades. A new concession stand is being constructed on the home side. It’ll be ready for the fall.

Reactions: Babyhewey
South Point didn’t won’t to be left behind on stadium upgrades. A new concession stand is being constructed on the home side. It’ll be ready for the fall.
Bout time the county let's them use the money the state gave them, let's see if the county lets Huss use theirs. Gaston county school board is playing some shady games with some money

Should've built a parking lot and some visitors stands that can actually see the field.
agreed. visitor stands used to be great. IMO terrible job and lack of foresight by the county and people in charge at that time. Easily could've connected the remaining back parking lot to the tennis court area while making it bigger; and the one HS in the county that consistently draws big crowds they put a smaller, lower visitor stand in.
Between that and many other things - like them building a second HS IN Belmont- you see how many SP people felt like they were targeted by the GACO school board to break up and water down the school as a whole in every way possible.

Will the new apartments being built off of Wilkerson Blvd in Belmont be districted for South Point? I assumed that they would be because of location but someone told me something different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT