ADVERTISEMENT

Full predicted brackets 4aa and 4A

they have two teams in the playoffs that no other prediction has not sure if they are right with ragsdale and athens drive

Reactions: RaidersRocks
Panther Cr beats Jordan than Hoggard drops. If Clayton loses Hoggard plays 71st, Clayton win and Hoggard plays Card Gib.

O.K. guys...help me here... this can't be official. Is this like an estimate... not try in to be funny... I'm not too good at this part. Some of us have two games left n stuff. We may lose both games or win both games or just win one game. Sorry just not good at this.

I realize this is all projection at this point, but it looks like the pod system all over again for the CPC teams. North Davidson could get Mt Tabor round 1 (bad matchup), and the winner get Davie in round 2. I guess that is just a result of falling right on the West / Midwest line.

O.K. guys...help me here... this can't be official. Is this like an estimate... not try in to be funny... I'm not too good at this part. Some of us have two games left n stuff. We may lose both games or win both games or just win one game. Sorry just not good at this.
There may be a handful of teams whose fate has not been determined. The rest of the teams on the schedule are in. So, these projections are going on percentages as to who's going to win. I would say CV projections are probably 90 to 95% set.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Here's what I have...

4A West
(1W) Davie (10-0)
(8MW) SE Guilford (6-4)

(4MW) Glenn (8-2)
(5W) Mt Tabor (8-2)

(3W) Watauga (8-2)
(6MW) SW Guilford (6-4)

(2MW) East Forsyth (10-0)
(7W) Porter Ridge (7-3)

(1MW) Scotland (10-0)
(8W) Alexander Central (6-4)

(4W) TC Roberson (8-2)
(5MW) North Davidson (7-3)

(3MW) Dudley (9-1)
(6W) AL Brown (8-2)

(2W) Charlotte Catholic 10-0)
(7MW) Parkland (6-4)

4A East
(1ME) Cape Fear (10-0)
(8E) New Bern (4-6)

(4E) DH Conley (8-2)
(5ME) SE Raleigh (8-2)

(3ME) Cardinal Gibbons (9-1)
(6E) Clayton (6-4)

(2E) New Hanover (7-3)
(7ME) Person (7-3)

(1E) Rose (7-3)
(8ME) Northern Durham (5-5)

(4ME) Seventy-First (9-1)
(5E) Hoggard (6-4)

(3E) West Johnston (9-1)
(6ME) Pine Forest (7-3)

(2ME) Hillside (9-1)
(7E) South Central (5-5)

4AA West
(1W) Lake Norman (10-0)
(8MW) East Meck (5-5)

(4MW) West Forsyth (9-1)
(5W) Ardrey Kell (7-3)

(3W) West Meck (9-1)
(6MW) Mooresville (8-2)

(2MW) Page (10-0)
(7W) Olympic (5-5)

(1MW) Butler (10-0)
(8W) McDowell (5-5)

(4W) Hough (7-3)
(5MW) Mallard Creek (8-2)

(3MW) Vance (9-1)
(6W) South Meck (5-5)

(2W) Myers Park (9-1)
(7MW) NW Guilford (7-3)

4AA East
(1ME) Middle Creek (10-0)
(8E) Leesville Road (5-5)

(4E) Sanderson (8-2)
(5ME) South View (7-3)

(3ME) Richmond (8-2)
(6E) Laney (7-3)

(2E) Garner (10-0)
(7ME) Green Hope (6-4)

(1E) Wake Forest (10-0)
(8ME) Panther Creek (5-5)

(4ME) Fuquay-Varina (8-2)
(5E) Wakefield (7-3)

(3E) Heritage (8-2)
(6ME) Holly Springs (7-3)

(2ME) Pinecrest (8-2)
(7E) Millbrook (7-3)

Last edited:
Correct...nothing is official until the NCHSAA puts out their FINAL brackets, which will be sometime next week-end.

In the meantime, these are all just educated guesses as to what the final brackets could look like. Every year, though, there's always some team somewhere that loses on the final night of play that shouldn't have and misses the playoffs, and that shifts stuff all over the place. So while we do know who all but a handful of the participants will be, what we don't know is who will be playing who.

What you'll notice when you look at the various projections is that it's mostly the same teams listed in every one of them, but the pairings can vary wildly, and that's part of the fun of it. Even this late in the season, there's still a TON that can change and affect who gets paired with who.

Also, for the guys predicting, you might think one team will win where another person predicting might think the other team will win and that's what makes this fun!

Here's what I have...
Hey, these look pretty good! Nice job, I'd say you have a good handle on the new processes, so well done.

It looks to me like the differences between your projections and the CV projections is that you have West Forsyth beating North Davidson (very possible)...but then something is up with the Fuquay/Pinecrest/Richmond seeding.

All 3 are ME, all 3 report 8-2 records, and all 3 do not play each other, which means the 1st tiebreaker is 11 game record. Pinecrest gets the nod here with a 9-2 record and should be seeded #2. That leaves Richmond (8-3) and Fuquay (8-3), who do not play each other, so their tiebreaker is then MaxPreps ranking, which gives Richmond the #3 seed (#19 ranking) over Fuquay (#114 ranking).

Actually first tie-breaker is head to head if their 10 game winning percentage is the same which Richmond beat Pinecrest last week and that's why I have them ranked the way they are.

4.1.18 Seeding:

(a) Once the qualifying teams are determined, they will be divided into four (4) groups, (i.e. East, Mideast, Midwest, West) based upon the longitude of each school.

(b) Seed all first place, regular season conference champions by 22-game winning percentage (10-game, football; All games, Tennis, Wrestling & Lacrosse) followed by;

(c) Conference tournament champions by 22-game winning percentage (10-game, football; All games, Tennis, Wrestling & Lacrosse), followed by;

(d) All other qualifying teams by 22-game winning percentage (10-game, football; All games, Tennis, Wrestling & Lacrosse)

(1) All ties for seeding in (a), (b) or (c) will be broken by:

(i) All Head-to-Head Competition Note: The non-conference game(s) that are dropped for seeding purposes may still be used in breaking a tie. Note: All teams involved in the tie must have played each other.

(ii) 24-game record (11-game, Football; All games, Tennis, Wrestling and Lacrosse)

(iii) MaxPreps Ranking (last available ranking at the time of the seeding) (iv) Draw

Actually first tie-breaker is head to head if their 10 game winning percentage is the same which Richmond beat Pinecrest last week and that's why I have them ranked the way they are.
Note clause ( i ) in the procedure you posted..."All teams involved in the tie must have played each other."

Fuquay, Richmond and Pinecrest do not ALL play each other, so head-to-head is not applicable to this tie. Therefore, you skip head-to-head to go straight to 11 game record.

Whoops, missed that...will correct! Thanks hokie!! *corrected now...some Richmond people might be a little ticked since they did beat Pinecrest...oh well

Whoops, missed that...will correct! Thanks hokie!! *corrected now...some Richmond people might be a little ticked since they did beat pinecrest...oh well
Dang , we go out and play one of the toughest preseason schedules in the state and get penalized at the end of season..Heck, lets get word of God on our schedule.....I mean we loose to Butler , 1 pt. And Dudley., two of the best in the state....Something is wrong.....No wonder teams look for pie games....Just not a good decision by the State...We beat pinecrest, loose to the number one team in the state by one point , on a botched field goal attempt to win the game , and they are higher than we are...Come on Man......I could spew out a lot more , but just wasted time ......nuff said...:D

Dang , we go out and play one of the toughest preseason schedules in the state and get penalized at the end of season..Heck, lets get word of God on our schedule.....I mean we loose to Butler , 1 pt. And Dudley., two of the best in the state....Something is wrong.....No wonder teams look for pie games....Just not a good decision by the State...We beat pinecrest, loose to the number one team in the state by one point , on a botched field goal attempt to win the game , and they are higher than we are...Come on Man......I could spew out a lot more , but just wasted time ......nuff said...:D
This is one the criticisms of this playoff format from earlier in the season...under this system, it absolutely does not pay to take losses.

The intended purpose of the endowment game all along was to schedule an 11th game that would not count against you in any way in order to raise gate money and to give schools the freedom to go schedule a tough game that they might lose. But now, the 11th game is used as a tiebreaker at every level of the playoff eligibility/seeding process, so the game DOES end up counting against you. So why schedule one that is loseable?

But, after saying all this, if your team is legit, then it really doesn't matter what seed you are entering the playoffs, and it really doesn't matter if you're playing your games on the road or not. The elite teams will still rise to the top, and at least in the 4AA ranks, 2011 is the only year I can think of in the last 20 where the playoff seeding might've directly affected who the state champ ended up being. In the other years, the best team was still the best team, and playing on the road didn't really change anything. Mallard Creek is the most recent example...they played 1 home playoff game last year, but it just didn't matter.

We have enough local resources to seed these teams better to put the best teams where they should be.

This is one the criticisms of this playoff format from earlier in the season...under this system, it absolutely does not pay to take losses.

The intended purpose of the endowment game all along was to schedule an 11th game that would not count against you in any way in order to raise gate money and to give schools the freedom to go schedule a tough game that they might lose. But now, the 11th game is used as a tiebreaker at every level of the playoff eligibility/seeding process, so the game DOES end up counting against you. So why schedule one that is loseable?

But, after saying all this, if your team is legit, then it really doesn't matter what seed you are entering the playoffs, and it really doesn't matter if you're playing your games on the road or not. The elite teams will still rise to the top, and at least in the 4AA ranks, 2011 is the only year I can think of in the last 20 where the playoff seeding might've directly affected who the state champ ended up being. In the other years, the best team was still the best team, and playing on the road didn't really change anything. Mallard Creek is the most recent example...they played 1 home playoff game last year, but it just didn't matter.
Well, lets watch the 2 nd round match up between Mallard Creek and Butler...No sense at all...nuff said....:D

Well, lets watch the 2 nd round match up between Mallard Creek and Butler...No sense at all...nuff said....:D
Mallard Creek and Butler are used to playing in the 2nd round by now (it happened last year as well). It's kind of the nature of the beast in that pod.

How 'bout Dudley and Catholic in the 2nd round also?

Newly updated after last night's scores....

4A West
(1W) Davie (10-0)
(8MW) SE Guilford (6-4)

(4MW) Glenn (8-2)
(5W) Mount Tabor (8-2)

(3W) Watauga (8-2)
(6MW) SW Guilford (6-4)

(2MW) East Forsyth (10-0)
(7W) Porter Ridge (7-3)

(1MW) Scotland (10-0)
(8W) Alexander Centra (6-4)l

(4W) TC Roberson (8-2)
(5MW) North Davidson (7-3)

(3MW) Dudley (9-1)
(6W) AL Brown (8-2)

(2W) Charlotte Catholic (10-0)
(7MW) Parkland (6-4)

4A East
(1ME) Cape Fear (10-0)
(8E) South Central (5-5)

(4E) Rose (6-4)
(5ME) SE Raleigh (8-2)

(3ME) Cardinal Gibbons (9-1)
(6E) Clayton (6-4)

(2E) New Hanover (7-3)
(7ME) Person (7-3)

(1E) DH Conley (8-2)
(8ME) Northern Durham (5-5)

(4ME) Seventy-First (9-1)
(5E) Hoggard (6-4)

(3E) West Johnston (9-1)
(6ME) Pine Forest (7-3)

(2ME) Hillside (9-1)
(7E) New Bern (5-5)

**JH Rose, DH Conley and New Bern will finish for a tie for 1st...did tie breaker based on record and MaxPreps rankings

4AA West
(1W) Lake Norman (10-0)
(8MW) NW Guilford (7-3)

(4MW) West Forsyth (9-1)
(5W) South Mack (6-4)

(3W) West Meck (8-2)
(6MW) Richmond (8-2)

(2MW) Page (10-0)
(7W) Olympic (5-5)

(1MW) Butler (10-0)
(8W) Harding (5-5)

(4W) Hough (7-3)
(5MW) Mallard Creek (8-2)

(3MW) Vance (9-1)
(6W) Ardrey Kell (6-4)

(2W) Myers Park (9-1)
(7MW) Mooresville (8-2)

4AA East
(1ME) Middle Creek (10-0)
(8E) Athens Drive (5-5)

(4E) Sanderson (7-3)
(5ME) Holly Springs (7-3)

(3ME) Fuquay-Varina (8-2)
(6E) Millbrook (7-3)

(2E) Garner (10-0)
(7ME) Green Hope (6-4)

(1E) Wake Forest (10-0)
(8ME) Panther Creek (5-5)

(4ME) South View (7-3)
(5E) Laney (7-3)

(3E) Heritage (8-2)
(6ME) Leesville Road (6-4)

(2ME) Pinecrest (8-2)
(7E) Wakefield (6-4)

Harding may push East Forsyth into 4AA 100%, right now I'd say they are smack dab on that line. Harding may push them up or push Scotland east if nothing else.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
If Scotland , Dudley, East Forsyth, Davie and Charlotte Catholic all go 4A West, the NCHSAA needs to make a new system for the playoffs . Quite possibly 5 of the best 10 teams in the state on one side of a bracket doesn't seem logical. Just food for thought .

If Scotland , Dudley, East Forsyth, Davie and Charlotte Catholic all go 4A West, the NCHSAA needs to make a new system for the playoffs . Quite possibly 5 of the best 10 teams in the state on one side of a bracket doesn't seem logical. Just food for thought .
No they don't. Before sub-dividing playoff brackets used to be like this with 5 great teams all on same side. Just gonna make the West winner a battle hardened team.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
As speculated earlier by a poster, first try by the state at final brackets, Saturday, Nov. 12 about
3 pm.
Someone with keen speculative insight riddle me this: three teams ranked, two highly that have played 4aa appear (before things are official) to go 4a due to enrollment decrease in the West. So, if three teams
in the West go 4a that have not been 4a West before, will that not push a team or two (like Scotland, who think of themselves being in Eastern NC) back to the East for the playoffs?

CC14...if you guys and EF happen to match up in round 3, let me know if you make that trip...that is if this bracket holds.

I think I have correct all mistakes now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT