ADVERTISEMENT

Full Investigation of Dudley

Originally posted by Champ_24:

Originally posted by wossa:
Nobody is losing their job or getting reassigned because of this. I think its funny how some are saying who cares, it's over, move on while others are wanting a full fledged comprehensive investigation going back years. Makes my eyes hurt from rolling so hard.

I'm a Ragsdale guy and my team benefited from the whole fiasco but I still hate it for Dudley. I know many grumble about how they use the academy to stock their roster and yeas even Ragsdale lost some talent to them over the years but overall I don't see anything wrong with it. I have always enjoyed the Ragsdale Dudley football games and win or lose their teams always fought hard, played clean and showed good sportsmanship. It was good to see.

And while I have no knowledge of the whole junior/JV thing I have to wonder about the people who say they have been doing it for years. If they were and people knew about it why didn't anyone report them before now. And while I understand why it's against the rules I don't think it really had that much to do with their success. Playing juniors on JV might but dressing a few out for a play or two at mop up time didn't really help them win championships.
+1000

Dudley has alot haters, wouldn't surprise me at all if next year they play the starters into the 4th and run up the score on everyone they play
Yep, cause that's gonna solve everything lol

Dudley's coach is the only person who has violated rules. He also is the sole person who told multiple stories to the media and made it look like SEG was the devil in this situation. I would be surprised if Guilford County spent very much time on this issue because schools like to keep negativity about their schools out of the media.

My concern continues to be the different stories the coach told the media and that he was upset that he was ratted out for rule violations. The man should have owned his mistakes and set an example for the kids about honesty. Instead he took the "snitches get stitches" stance.

If discipline does occur outside of replacing/firing/asking to resign... You/We will never hear about it. GCS policy is not to discuss personnel matters. They will thoroughly look into it. Ask Northern Guilford. After the mistake was made with sending in 13 names when the max was 12 last year, Northern went back through every game before just to make sure there were no more skeletons... GCS came behind and did the same thing. AD, admin, and coaching staff over there stepped up and took blame where it was due and moved on.

Same will happen at Dudley. Regardless of what has happened this year, do any of you REALLY think this is going to hurt their program at all? It won't.

Most of the stuff I've heard about hasn't even been addressed yet (and some of it isn't even public knowledge yet), so we'll see how it all plays out. We'll all know by Christmas how much of it was just smoke and how much of it was genuine fire. There's still a lot going on behnd the scenes, and I honestly do not know where it's all going to lead, or how high up the Guilford Co ladder it's going to climb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT