ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Game Updates

Swain 28, Cherokee 0. 59-yard halfback pass from Kobe Stephenson to Caleb Woodard on the first play from scrimmage of the 2nd half.

Reactions: mbdfan
Cherokee turns it over on 4th and 7 at the Swain 13 with 5:00 or so left in the 3rd.

Swain has played good bend-don't-break D tonight. Run D has been suffocating.

the coaching staff knows more than me and therefore I defer to their judgement, but I do know no QB is going to be able to establish any kind of rythmn when they only get 1 series at a time. Can't expect a QB to get comfortable or the hot hand to emerge when you're pulled after one series every time.

Last edited:
Looks like a thunderstorm is stopping play at Swain. Big lightning strike not far away has everybody heading for the exits.

East Wilkes 55 - Elkin 0
North Wilkes 13 - Alleghany 12
Ashe 37 - West Wilkes 13

Sorry phone messed up, back and fourth game has continued, bad calls on both sides and boys getting choppy, a lot of emotion on the field tonight, Rosman wants it more right now, score tied at 29 with 9:10 left in game

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
Very solid effort by Swain tonight. Just ran right at Braves and wore their line down. Only passed one time all night. Swain's defense was tough on the run and kept a couple drives going for Cherokee with penalties but tightened up in the red zone when they had too. I thought the Braves showed signs of potential but also their youth tonight. Flawless execution and game plan tonight by the Devils.

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
Very solid effort by Swain tonight. Just ran right at Braves and wore their line down. Only passed one time all night. Swain's defense was tough on the run and kept a couple drives going for Cherokee with penalties but tightened up in the red zone when they had too. I thought the Braves showed signs of potential but also their youth tonight. Flawless execution and game plan tonight by the Devils.

And they scored on every posession, and were driving when the storm hit. Solid performance all the way around. If they can keep that up, they'll be in the hunt this season.

And NO TURNOVERS! How long has it been since we have seen that? Excellent job, guys!

Reactions: Swain97
Rville does not deserve this game at this point, the refs have missed calls all night that would have benefited Rosman, and yet Rosman never quits and has fought all the way back

Rville defense makes another big stand and takes over with 1:20 to go on Robbinsvilles side of the field 32 yrd line

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT