ADVERTISEMENT

****Franklin @ Brevard gm8****

Franklin 4-0 at home
1-3 away
Just a coincidence I guess.

It's actually 1-2 away.

As far as the implication you are making, also consider that our away schedule has been much tougher than our home schedule this year. We got Asheville at home early, which is when you want them, and both our away losses were to top 1-A teams. In the win over Hendersonville, the officiating wasn't terrible and it definitely didn't favor the home crowd.

So I know you guys like to pin losses on someone other than yourselves, but get over it. Disciplined football teams get less penalties. If you don't want a ref deciding the outcome of a game, don't commit penalties.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
It's actually 1-2 away.

As far as the implication you are making, also consider that our away schedule has been much tougher than our home schedule this year. We got Asheville at home early, which is when you want them, and both our away losses were to top 1-A teams. In the win over Hendersonville, the officiating wasn't terrible and it definitely didn't favor the home crowd.

So I know you guys like to pin losses on someone other than yourselves, but get over it. Disciplined football teams get less penalties. If you don't want a ref deciding the outcome of a game, don't commit penalties.

penalties when Franklin is at home.
Asheville 122 yards in penalties Franklin-35 yds
Raburn 110 Franklin 35
Owen 70 Franklin 35
Hendersonville 89 Franklin 67
Like I said just a coincidence I guess.

Reactions: PBBear51
Surely your reading comprehension doesn't represent all of Canton. Let's recap: Disciplined football teams get less penalties. If you don't want a ref deciding the outcome of a game, don't commit penalties.

I'm not throwing off on any of the teams we've played so far. I have respect for who they are and what they are doing. But any observer at any of those games wouldn't have been that surprised by those numbers. For the first two you would see all of the personal foul penalties that "Raburn" Gap and Asheville committed and know where those numbers came from. Asheville even had a kid ejected on Franklin's first drive for excessive personal fouls.

In the Hendersonville game, we killed at least two of our own drives with motion and holding penalties. I could blame the officials for throwing the flag on a meaningless holding 15 yards behind the play, or I could say that kids need to keep their hands where they belong when they block. I could also whine about a couple pass interference calls that weren't called or the no-call on the Hendersonville receiver who speared a Franklin DB in the head while he was going for an interception. Even better, when the Hendersonville QB tried to spike the ball but failed, essentially recovering his own fumble (twice on one play, actually), the officials gave Hendersonville a break by blowing the whistle and keeping our unblocked defense from obliterating him. But I don't complain because for the most part the teams decide who wins and loses. I'm sure the officials missed a couple things we did and they are doing their best.

Like I said, complain all you want to but it comes down to this: don't do dumb stuff and you don't get penalties.

Peace out, I'm off to Brevard.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
Surely your reading comprehension doesn't represent all of Canton. Let's recap: Disciplined football teams get less penalties. If you don't want a ref deciding the outcome of a game, don't commit penalties.

I'm not throwing off on any of the teams we've played so far. I have respect for who they are and what they are doing. But any observer at any of those games wouldn't have been that surprised by those numbers. For the first two you would see all of the personal foul penalties that "Raburn" Gap and Asheville committed and know where those numbers came from. Asheville even had a kid ejected on Franklin's first drive for excessive personal fouls.

In the Hendersonville game, we killed at least two of our own drives with motion and holding penalties. I could blame the officials for throwing the flag on a meaningless holding 15 yards behind the play, or I could say that kids need to keep their hands where they belong when they block. I could also whine about a couple pass interference calls that weren't called or the no-call on the Hendersonville receiver who speared a Franklin DB in the head while he was going for an interception. Even better, when the Hendersonville QB tried to spike the ball but failed, essentially recovering his own fumble (twice on one play, actually), the officials gave Hendersonville a break by blowing the whistle and keeping our unblocked defense from obliterating him. But I don't complain because for the most part the teams decide who wins and loses. I'm sure the officials missed a couple things we did and they are doing their best.

Like I said, complain all you want to but it comes down to this: don't do dumb stuff and you don't get penalties.

Peace out, I'm off to Brevard.

Not much to add....very well said SG!

It seems like teams tend to get real undisciplined every time they play Franklin at home. Been happening for years! It is what it is over there and its not something just one or two fanbases have noticed. We all know whats gonna happen when you make that trip.

This week Franklin is on the road so no home cookin. Brevard is a fine team as well so the Panthers have a tough row to hoe. That being said I'm taking Franklin to win it in a close one. They're improving every week because their coach is doing another fantastic job with them. Come playoff time they'll be a tough out again this year.

Great win for the Blue Devils. It's always tough to beat Franklin.

Biggest thing right now is for this team to ignore all the pats on the back, people telling them they should win conference, etc. If they don't do this, they'll lose next week.

Reactions: Swo_05 and dgheel57
Brevard 55 Franklin 7 final. Didn’t get to listen to the game & I’m glad I didn’t!

Wow....Didn't see that coming....

Looks as though the Bluedevils defense is legit, and the offense is also clicking....

Statement win for sure for Brevard last night!

Congrats on the win!

I have no dog in this fight between you and Pisgah fans Mr Bud,but just curious as to who your team is.
He will never tell you that, practically everyone on NC preps has asked him that question. Which leads me to believe he is one of those type people that's never touched a football (probably a janitor at Burger King) in his life yet has yearned too. Just saying.

It's possible, that Brevard D has gotten better with each game.
Watch couple videos of brevard watch the heritage and east games. Your front 7 is strong better then pisgah. You guys and pisgah have the best defense in mtn 6. Your front 7 little more athletic, plus your defense is better coach. Mtn heritage matches up with you guys. No one in in mtn 6 will be able to run on your defense.

He will never tell you that, practically everyone on NC preps has asked him that question. Which leads me to believe he is one of those type people that's never touched a football (probably a janitor at Burger King) in his life yet has yearned too. Just saying.
Listen up son all my kids are out of school.i dont have anyone playing just football fan, if I pick a team it would be acr

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT