ADVERTISEMENT

Foreman vs Ali… Rumble in the Jungle!! Round 5

It will be a much different and tougher challenger than last week for the Lions as a state semi final game should be.

Dont bet your lunch money. Shelby and Reidsville are in love with penalties. They're costly. Look what penalties did to Burns.
I would definitely give you 14 points Friday with no hesitation. You and a few other posters want Shelby beaten so badly that you all are starting to overhype these guys. Monroe, albeit in a losing effort, held them to 10 points, and if they get behind Shelby as they did Maiden, they will be blown off the field, period. We can definitely bet my lunch money.

Last edited:
I would definitely give you 14 points Friday with no hesitation. You and a few other posters want Shelby beaten so badly that you all are starting to overhype these guys. Monroe, in a losing effort, held them to 10 points, and if they get behind Shelby as they did Maiden, they will be blown off the field, period. We can definitely bet my lunch money.
hqdefault.jpg

u wrong, I'm pulling for 704 even if they annoy me like you all do

Reactions: Lion Attack
Well, The Mule and some of their former 1 A brethren.🙂
I think East surry is a bit better than Reidsville this year maybe just due to the OLine. They will have a better chance to neutralize the lions Dline. With that said East surry has to hold lions to less than 24 points to have any chance. It’s a game of matchups. I’d take rams head to head vs East surry. But think they are a better matchup for Shelby than we were. Makes me want to watch this one in person. Regardless of outcome.

Reactions: SHS LION
I think East surry is a bit better than Reidsville this year maybe just due to the OLine. They will have a better chance to neutralize the lions Dline. With that said East surry has to hold lions to less than 24 points to have any chance. It’s a game of matchups. I’d take rams head to head vs East surry. But think they are a better matchup for Shelby than we were. Makes me want to watch this one in person. Regardless of outcome.

I think you're spot on. I actually think Shelby was the worst match up for Reidsville. They had everything perfect to beat this rams team. No one else has the pass rush and aggressive defense to slow down Reidsville. I would personally take Reidsville vs everyone but Shelby in the West. However, East may match up a bit better.

Reactions: SHS LION
East has some studs on that oline , I wouldn’t mark one in the books just yet for Shelby ! This game will be close , I agree wish it was in pilot seems cards are very hard to beat at home

What ? East has zero studs lol keep wishing clown,

at pilot, Shelby by 40+

at Shelby, Shelby by 50+

What ? East has zero studs lol keep wishing clown,

at pilot, Shelby by 40+

at Shelby, Shelby by 50+
I don’t know…91.

There are those who think that East Surry is a better match up with Shelby than a Culliverless Maiden….can’t say I disagree.

That’s a Catawba county son running that East Surry outfit. Ole Lowman rolled in there in ‘08 with a 5-6 Bandys team and spanked Shelby’s fanny for ‘em’😂…playoff game too!

Lowman and his Cards know what to expect!

I don’t know…91.

There are those who think that East Surry is a better match up with Shelby than a Culliverless Maiden….can’t say I disagree.

That’s a Catawba county son running that East Surry outfit. Ole Lowman rolled in there in ‘08 with a 5-6 Bandys team and spanked Shelby’s fanny for ‘em’😂…playoff game too!

Lowman knows one thing, how to eat........ football is last thing on that man's brain

I don’t know…91.

yeah, teams that know how to drain the clock and keep lions offense off the field have a good shot. ES, WRH have decent shots. Add in those tricky onside kicks that WRH does. Those pooch kicks worked for Reidsville.
That can give great field position and a shot to win.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lowman knows one thing, how to eat........ football is last thing on that man's brain
Says the lopped eared jug head vegan who rides a 50+ year old spindly legged ostrich!😂😂😂
Now get down off that bird and get back in the huddle and quit calling people names! If I didn’t know any better …I’d swear you were deaf.
You remind me so much of my Dad….daggum grouch!

Years ago…when I married my wife….at the rehearsal dinner…..my Dad told my soon to be Father in law….who was a portly man that he barely knew….to go to the back of the buffet line to make sure the rest of us got something eat! My mother and my wife were furious!….I wanted to crawl under a table!😂😂😂

Last edited:
If anyone out there thought Maiden had a chance against Shelby….I don’t know why they wouldn’t think East Surry had a chance as well!

I personally hoped that it would be a Maiden/Shelby game. Shelby's stadium would likely have collapsed from the number of guests there. While you guys love to play L-town, Shelby is the cream of the west and would have been a good game for your folks.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about East Surry as well, They have a chance if Shelby plays their 2A game instead of their 3A game. Yes, I know that Crest and Kings Mountain are county rivals (and were 2 of the top 3A teams) but they likely would have had SP as well had we played them. Long term experience will help the Golden Lions.

I personally hoped that it would be a Maiden/Shelby game. Shelby's stadium would likely have collapsed from the number of guests there. While you guys love to play L-town, Shelby is the cream of the west and would have been a good game for your folks.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about East Surry as well, They have a chance if Shelby plays their 2A game instead of their 3A game. Yes, I know that Crest and Kings Mountain are county rivals (and were 2 of the top 3A teams) but they likely would have had SP as well had we played them. Long term experience will help the Golden Lions.
A woman who knows sports. 😍😍😍

Would have loved to host Maiden again as well. They are the second "biggest little football town". Our JVs got to travel to Maiden this year. Word was Maiden was going to cream the JV Golden Lions. I believe Shelby JVs won 40-0.

Would have loved to host Maiden again as well. They are the second "biggest little football town". Our JVs got to travel to Maiden this year. Word was Maiden was going to cream the JV Golden Lions. I believe Shelby JVs won 40-0.
Bless our JV’s!…..all JV studs typically get moved up to varsity. We’ve always struggled with depth!

Can’t help but chuckle on the little football town!😁
Hoping one day our biggest little football town gets a chain restaurant. We don’t need 20+ like Shelby has….just one would do it!

Reactions: BigRedFan27
Bless our JV’s!…..all JV studs typically get moved up to varsity. We’ve always struggled with depth!

Can’t help but chuckle on the little football town!😁
Hoping one day our biggest little football town gets a chain restaurant. We don’t need 20+ like Shelby has….just one would do it!
Yeah, our noseguard who was just offered by APP is a sophmore as well as one of our best WRs and RB2. Lot of sophomores starting for the varsity at Shelby.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yeah, our noseguard who was just offered by APP is a sophmore as well as one of our best WRs and RB2. Lot of sophomores starting for the varsity at Shelby.
I think it’s become more common these days!
The Danner kid (man child) that started on our offensive line is a freshman!
Truly incredible!….that would’ve never happened ….years ago!
I’ve only seen that with a skill player but not a lineman….at least at Maiden.

Last edited:
Shelby may win, East Surry may win. I don’t think they will be intimidated like many think. Is Shelby more athletic? Without a doubt. So were Monroe and Maiden yet here the Cards are. I’m sure they respect what Shelby is and what they’ve done in the past but respect and intimidated is two different things. They have several key guys who have played in big games over the last several years, so this is nothing new. To most this is a David and Goliath story. East Surry isn’t respected by some because they “aren’t supposed to be here”. Shouldn’t have beat a loaded Monroe and shouldn’t have beat the best Maiden team in over a decade. As one poster said they are a 1A team that got the luck of the draw in their first year in the 2A playoffs. That discredits Monroe and Maiden as much as it does East Surry. When the dust settles, Goliath may very well be victorious but then again, little ol’ David, who isn’t worthy of the crown may be as well. Best of luck to both teams and programs. Here is to a great and a healthy game for all involved. This is a special time of year!

Shelby may win, East Surry may win. I don’t think they will be intimidated like many think. Is Shelby more athletic? Without a doubt. So were Monroe and Maiden yet here the Cards are. I’m sure they respect what Shelby is and what they’ve done in the past but respect and intimidated is two different things. They have several key guys who have played in big games over the last several years, so this is nothing new. To most this is a David and Goliath story. East Surry isn’t respected by some because they “aren’t supposed to be here”. Shouldn’t have beat a loaded Monroe and shouldn’t have beat the best Maiden team in over a decade. As one poster said they are a 1A team that got the luck of the draw in their first year in the 2A playoffs. That discredits Monroe and Maiden as much as it does East Surry. When the dust settles, Goliath may very well be victorious but then again, little ol’ David, who isn’t worthy of the crown may be as well. Best of luck to both teams and programs. Here is to a great and a healthy game for all involved. This is a special time of year!
There's no David/Goliath story here. Just a feather weight that jumped up to light weight and challenging for light weight title.

All I'm gonna say is, to quote the immortal Ric Flair " To be the man, you have to beat the man." Our opportunity for that is tomorrow night. Looking forward to the challenge. David and Daniel are great company to be in.

Go Big Red
#27Forever
pffffft

There's no David/Goliath story here. Just a feather weight that jumped up to light weight and challenging for light weight title.

no Daniel story either.

More like Léo Santa Cruz putting on weight to challenge George Kambosos Jr.[Shelby] or Gervonta Davis[Reidsville]

Last edited:
Just what this game should be:
#1 seed vs #2 seed

E Surry deserves to be here as much as Shelby.

E Surry has made the last three 1AA state championship games, all against annual powerhouse Tarboro
2018 - Tarboro defeated E Surry 50-10 (E Surry finished 11-4)
2019 - E Surry defeated Tarboro 56-28 (E Surry finished 15-0)
2020 - Tarboro defeated E Surry 25-7 (E Surry finished 9-2)
2021 - ES is 13-0 in first year back in 2A

E Surry was also 1A Region 3 State Co-Champs in 1962 and Champs in 1963

On 9/27/19, E Surry defeated Reidsville 55-49. The following week Reidsville began a streak of 32 straight wins, which ended last Friday at Shelby, 31-14.

So E Surry and Shelby are the last two teams to beat Reidsville.

E Surry QB, Boaz, is the real deal - tall lefty that has completed 71% of his passes on the season for over 3,000 yards and has also rushed for nearly 1,000 yards, which leads the team.

E Surry has five WRs with at least 19 catches and at least 270 yards, with #10, Allen, the leading receiver with 74 catches, 1,189 yards, and 12 TDs

Defense forces a lot of turnovers

This is first-ever matchup between the two schools in football - hard to believe!

Just what this game should be:
#1 seed vs #2 seed

E Surry deserves to be here as much as Shelby.

E Surry has made the last three 1AA state championship games, all against annual powerhouse Tarboro
2018 - Tarboro defeated E Surry 50-10 (E Surry finished 11-4)
2019 - E Surry defeated Tarboro 56-28 (E Surry finished 15-0)
2020 - Tarboro defeated E Surry 25-7 (E Surry finished 9-2)
2021 - ES is 13-0 in first year back in 2A

E Surry was also 1A Region 3 State Co-Champs in 1962 and Champs in 1963

On 9/27/19, E Surry defeated Reidsville 55-49. The following week Reidsville began a streak of 32 straight wins, which ended last Friday at Shelby, 31-14.

So E Surry and Shelby are the last two teams to beat Reidsville.

E Surry QB, Boaz, is the real deal - tall lefty that has completed 71% of his passes on the season for over 3,000 yards and has also rushed for nearly 1,000 yards, which leads the team.

E Surry has five WRs with at least 19 catches and at least 270 yards, with #10, Allen, the leading receiver with 74 catches, 1,189 yards, and 12 TDs

Defense forces a lot of turnovers

This is first-ever matchup between the two schools in football - hard to believe!
No one ever said that East Surry did not deserve to be here. East Surry has the background in the 1A level and now the 2A level. If you can beat Shelby this year, you will have passed a major milestone. However, Shelby has a lot more clout among 2A and 3A board members - mainly because of their deep football history and the spankings they have delivered to 3A teams who have competed for their division titles.

can a shelby fan tell us the link to follow on radio?? I know that a station in that area carries a lot of the teams from down there....seems like TC are part of the letters...............

can a shelby fan tell us the link to follow on radio?? I know that a station in that area carries a lot of the teams from down there....seems like TC are part of the letters...............
www.ktcbroadcasting.com

You can click on the WOHS link and listen via our youtube channel.

I'll post the exact link on Friday

Since I posted some E Surry offensive stats...I believe the key matchup is Boaz and the OL vs the Shelby DL.

Here are the stats for the starting Shelby DL for the season:
#9 Hopper - 71 tackles, 13 sacks, 33 tackles for loss
#77 Pierce - 55 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 13 tackles for loss
#50 Allen - 35 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 17 tackles for loss
#13 Boyce - 39 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 13 tackles for loss

DL rotation player stats:
#51 McNeilly - 23 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 4 tackles for loss
#53 Green - 18 tackles, 3 sacks, 7 tackles for loss

Starting LBs:
#8 Hamrick - 111 tackles, 16.5 sacks, 35 tackles for loss
#5 Baldree - 75 tackles, 0.5 sack, 3 tackles for loss, 1 INT
#10 Griffin - 51 tackles, 1 sack, 8 tackles for loss, 2 INTs

Also
#14 Hollifield - 47 tackles, 3 sacks, 6 tackles for loss
#36 Leigh - 26 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
#30 Terrill - 23 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
#44 Norris - 21 tackles

DBs:
#19 Hopper - 44 tackles, 4 INTs (1 pick 6)
#29 McGill - 15 tackles, 4 INTs (3 pick 6s)
#24 Petty - 33 tackles, 0.5 sack, 4 tackles for loss
#15 Anderson - 43 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 tackles for loss
#3 Adams - 9 tackles, 1 INT, 4 passes broken up
#23 Houze - 27 tackles, 2 INTs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT