ADVERTISEMENT

First NCPreps Hoops Poll

Liking the polls with both Clinton teams present in the top 10 in 2A......while all the attention has been on the Clinton girls and Mikayla Boykin the boys team is off to a really good start aswell

Glad to see that 3rd ranked 1a boys team getting some much deserved recognition. Great group of guys.

Think they did a pretty good job on the 4a some of the teams haven't played much competition. The ones that have that have 2 or 3 loses are still in the top 10. I think they should continue to look at who these teams are playing to stay in the rankings. Great Job!

We had a list around 15 to 20 teams and had every win or loss to consider when ranking. Some schools had to play without their football players. An early loss really didn't mean much...we also are looking how the teams are playing now. Some teams have played in extremely tough holiday tourneys as well. As the saying goes.the cream will rise.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Avery will be a contender down the road but I fully understand not including them as we didn't play "Avery" basketball for the first 3 games. Also didn't play 100% in our 5 point loss to McDowell and played horrid in our 2nd game in the Freedom Christmas Tourney. As conference has started hopefully we will play 100% like we did last night at Polk. (Had subs in halfway through the 3rd) On the girls side of things our girls have not impressed me yet but we'll see as they have a tough matchup against Madison tomorrow. I think I've said this before but thank you Deana for all that you do for NC HS Sports.

I would have Hillside Girls somewhere in top ten (12-2) Their 2 losses are from a strong (SC) Myrtle Beach and out of state (Ky) Franklin County. No losses in NC. the overall polls are exceptional as usual!

Last edited:
will take a very balanced team to get Butler...especially in the West

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT