ADVERTISEMENT

Final thoughts on North Davidson's season.

crazyduke3

Mar 28, 2010
Well it was a heck of a season and the boys did great. Not the ending we wanted, but it sure went pretty darn swell. Seniors, thank you for your commitment these years and the heart. It stings mighty to wear the black and orange no more, so thanks for what you did.

Juniors and sophomore's did last nights lose sting? Did it hurt your feelings? Were you embarrassed you couldn't stop East Duplin's rushing attack? Good. Get in the weight room today, now. Not when the summer program kicks in. Now. To reach the very very top level of state and to hold it, you better set yourself apart from every other kid in the state who's already in the weight room getting big. Don't ever allow yourself to get pushed around like that again, come back next year with a vengeance and make sure that whether it's east Davidson or a School like East Duplin or Shelby, that if they cross your path, they will get rolled over. What's it going to be boys?

As for us fans, what a ride. A really fun, fun season with some really great moments. It's great to see these kids develop and grow. Yeah last night stunk, but what ya gonna do? Sometimes ya just lose and the boys did the best they could.

Finally, Go Black knights! Yeah Baby!

Well said crazyduke....I hope those sophomores and juniors hold on to this feeling, and use it to push them to get bigger and stronger for next season. There are good coaches at ND to aid these kids to the next level.

As for next season, going to have many returning starters. Defense only losing a few. The Offense will have some bigger shoes to fill with losses of RB, QB, WR, and some linemen. And can't forget #32. Gonna be interesting to see who steps up and fills the voids! If those positions can be filled, next season could be special as well.

I want to say thank you for the pleasure of being able to watch this group of young men play on Friday Nights. I commend all of them on a great effort. Yes, may have come up short on the ultimate goal, but believe me, they will look back on this season one day and realize what all was accomplished, and just how many memories they will hold onto throughout their lives from the experience. Y'all keep your heads held high, no shame in losing to ED. This Alumnus is very proud of all of you, and I would believe many others feel the same as I! Go after it next season, and as always, it's a GDTBABK!

As an outsider looking at your season your conference for the most part was weak and that probably didn’t help when you got past the second round in the playoffs. I’m not sure who all you played non conference other than Davie but maybe scheduling more strong out of conference games will help on the playoffs. All in all a great season and there are a lot of schools who would love to go as far as you did,

As an outsider looking at your season your conference for the most part was weak and that probably didn’t help when you got past the second round in the playoffs. I’m not sure who all you played non conference other than Davie but maybe scheduling more strong out of conference games will help on the playoffs. All in all a great season and there are a lot of schools who would love to go as far as you did,

Is this an indirect way of calling ED weak? I dont think WRH would have beat ND. ND only lost to 3A Mt Tabor which is a solid 3A team that I doubt WRH would have beat either. You caught Havelock sleeping and all of a sudden a few of you think you're world beaters? Maybe you'll be humbled again next week.

ND's offense is nothing but the truth! anybody in 2A would be hard pressed to slow down their passing game! believe that! throw in the fact that they have one of the best running backs in the state in TJ Boyce and they are a very good team! they just werent used to the smash mouthed physical style of eastern football and the Wing-T. still they are a very good team!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
We all get that you think Hibriten is going to win. Really. We do... it's all you say... I mean, do you add anything to the discussion?
Like we drive pickups, we invented the wing-t, we have 50 running backs, the east plays smashmouth football.

Like we drive pickups, we invented the wing-t, we have 50 running backs, the east plays smashmouth football.

You haven't seen me mention what anyone drives.
Your hyperbole (word too big for you?) aside. ED does have a stable of backs and we do play a smashmouth style. If you feel those things aren't germane to the discussion maybe you and the other kid can leave the game speak to the adults?

I mean, this thread didn't even mention Hibriten and yet you guys feel the need to inject yourselves into the conversation. Small man syndrome?

Your hyperbole (word too big for you?) aside. ED does have a stable of backs and we do play a smashmouth style. If you feel those things aren't germane to the discussion maybe you and the other kid can leave the game speak to the adults?
I was referring to Firecat with the pickup comments. Every other fan with ED has stated NOBODY can stop our run game which is about as generic of a statement as you can make.
Now if you would like to add something profitable to the discussion that's fine or we can have a week long session of snappy comebacks.

I was referring to Firecat with the pickup comments. Every other fan with ED has stated NOBODY can stop our run game which is about as generic of a statement as you can make.
Now if you would like to add something profitable to the discussion that's fine or we can have a week long session of snappy comebacks.
Hibriten fans talk as if they cant be beat. whats the difference?

Reactions: my_2cents
There is a difference in saying you haven't yet dealt with a Stable of backs like ours before and "nobody can stop us" which I haven't said.

There is a difference in mastering the Wing T and running it part time or as part of a multi-faceted attack. I'm not sure anyone in the State teaches it as well as Battle. Having learned it from his legendary father. That doesnt mean it cannot be stopped, just that if you do, you've accomplished something. I have no doubt that Hibriten's defense is very good. If you guys are able to explain why, I'm all ears.

When you have a "snappy" comeback, wake me up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 96panther
NOBODY has shut our running game down all year! i dont see that changing vs Hibriten! who's to say Hibriten's running game wont be shut down? and if we dont score 9 thats fine. as long as we score more than Hibriten. i hear you guys have a great back in Witherspoon! we have 5 or 6 great backs! take your pick! we also saw a great back last night in North Davidson's TJ Boyce! the kid is a stud! i would love to know how Witherspoon matches up to Boyce! i cant really see anybody being much better than Boyce!

I mean, this thread didn't even mention Hibriten and yet you guys feel the need to inject yourselves into the conversation. Small man syndrome?

This thread didn’t mention East Duplin. It’s a North Davidson thread. They more than once came to the HHS vs Shelby thread running that mouth.
Nice Try EDPamper

This thread didn’t mention East Duplin. It’s a North Davidson thread. They more than once came to the HHS vs Shelby thread running that mouth.
Nice Try EDPamper

And having just played ND, we were here giving them their props on a great season. They returned the compliments with kind words and then you kids showed up.

i stated a fact. "nobody has shut our running game down all year". that is true. i then stated an opinion "i dont see that changing vs Hibriten" get it? that is an opinion! i never once said that our running game is incapable of being shut down! reading comprehension my friends!

Getting back to the original topic...

Thank you North Davidson seniors for all you have accomplished. You won a 4A conference title, and a 2A conference title while defeating Scotland county and making it all the way to the East Regional title game. It may not have ended the way you truly wanted but you gave North fans some great memories and truly did accomplish great things.

Juniors and below, the choice is yours on how to make your career marks. You can be satisfied with what you've already done or work hard for something better. We have plenty of talent coming back to go with an undefeated JV team. The future is bright, take it.

All good, dudes. You have every right to be proud of your excellent teams. I predicted Shelby and North Davidson in the final and it took two amazing teams to derail that lol. 2A is excellent this year. It says a lot that North dropped from 4A, South Point won 3A and dropped, and Shelby won four consecutive titles and none of them are in the ship. Congrats and may the best team win. Of course I'll be going for East Duplin since they knocked us out ;)

It was a hard end to the season, but a great season none the less. At the risk of leaving someone out, I will not mention any of them by name except T.J. as I heard he was really upset about his last carry.....didn’t get to talk to him after the game but would have told him this “We don’t get there without you and believe with all my heart you had the best single season ever by a ND player”. Also believe that offer will come and he will do great for whoever is smart enough to offer him the chance.

About the future.....I am looking forward to watching that defense next year. There is so much talent coming back next year, future seems bright for certain. I believe ND goes at least this far and likely one game more next year. Go get it guys, definitely pulling for you.

Props to the community for always supporting the team, these young men don’t realize how lucky they are to get that level of support. Having played at ND and to now have a son play his high school career there as well, special place for sure. Everybody said it would go quick and man they were not telling a lie.

There are quite a few of you guys who regularly post for/about ND, it has been a pleasure guys. Merry Christmas to everybody and thanks for some amazing memories!

It was a hard end to the season, but a great season none the less. At the risk of leaving someone out, I will not mention any of them by name except T.J. as I heard he was really upset about his last carry.....didn’t get to talk to him after the game but would have told him this “We don’t get there without you and believe with all my heart you had the best single season ever by a ND player”. Also believe that offer will come and he will do great for whoever is smart enough to offer him the chance.

About the future.....I am looking forward to watching that defense next year. There is so much talent coming back next year, future seems bright for certain. I believe ND goes at least this far and likely one game more next year. Go get it guys, definitely pulling for you.

Props to the community for always supporting the team, these young men don’t realize how lucky they are to get that level of support. Having played at ND and to now have a son play his high school career there as well, special place for sure. Everybody said it would go quick and man they were not telling a lie.

There are quite a few of you guys who regularly post for/about ND, it has been a pleasure guys. Merry Christmas to everybody and thanks for some amazing memories!
judging by what i saw from TJ Boyce, he is no doubt D1 material! i hope a big-time program picks him up!

Last edited:
Boyce definitely impressed me. His speed, vision, and cuts were definitely above average. Watching him leave everyone on that first TD scamper was definitely a sight to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT