ADVERTISEMENT

**( Final Saturday Scores ). ** NWC-1A / MVAC-1A/2A & WPAC-2A

GraniteBears Lady Bears
1f3c0.png
over @NorthStokesHS 67-28; now 16-2, 7-0; host

MA Athletics‏@GraniteBears 49m49 minutes ago
Girls: Mount Airy (67) North Stokes (28) Final (From MA Athletics)
Girls: North Wilkes (66) Ashe Co. (42) Final
Girls: East Surry (49) Bishop (35) Final
Girls: Surry Central (81) Carver (00) Final
Girls: East Surry (49) Bishop (35)Final
Girls: East Wilkes (47) Starmount (29)Final
Girls: Alleghany (50) West Wilkes (46) Final
Girls: North Surry (49) Forbush (50) Final In OT
Girls: Atkins (60) Walkertown (22) Final (From Sportsnut17)

Reactions: MHS-88
Saturday NWC vs WPC in Non-Conference Games
Mount Airy vs Surry Central >> Boys & Girls
WSPrep vs Carver >> Boys Only

81-0
Don't think I have ever seen a game where the other team didn't score at all. Wow
I was there. I've been doing this since 1993 and I have never seen a shutout before now. The only other time I ever saw one was in junior high, when our girls team won a game 25-0.

It wasn't Central doing anything out of the ordinary. They called the press off midway through the first quarter and never put it back on. Carver had quite a few shots and just couldn't hit anything. One of their girls did make a shot in the second quarter but it was waved off for charging.

Central gave all nine of their players a lot of floor time and just played normal defense for the last 28 1/2 minutes. No one wanted something like this to happen.

I've seen Mount Airy's girls play games where they got up 49-0 and 42-0, but eventually someone for the other team did score.

I was there. I've been doing this since 1993 and I have never seen a shutout before now. The only other time I ever saw one was in junior high, when our girls team won a game 25-0.

It wasn't Central doing anything out of the ordinary. They called the press off midway through the first quarter and never put it back on. Carver had quite a few shots and just couldn't hit anything. One of their girls did make a shot in the second quarter but it was waved off for charging.

Central gave all nine of their players a lot of floor time and just played normal defense for the last 28 1/2 minutes. No one wanted something like this to happen.

I've seen Mount Airy's girls play games where they got up 49-0 and 42-0, but eventually someone for the other team did score.
Over the years, I have probably officiated over 500 basketball games. Other than little kids game, I have never seen a HS team not score a single point. This is unbelievable. I have seen Carver Girls play this year, they were not very good, but 0 points, WOW!

I still gotta check out West Stokes, Walkertown, and Atkins. I'm a bit surprised with the year Atkins is having.

Coming up today around 4;30, Mount Airy vs Surry Central Girls, & WSPrep vs Carver , Boy's only @ 5:30
Mount Airy vs Surry Central Boy's follower their Girl's game.

Last edited:
Saturdays Games
Girls: Mount Airy (44) Surry Central (30) @ The Half

Girls: WSPrep (15) Carver (11) @ The Half (Didn't see this scheduled)

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Girls: Mount Airy (65) Surry Central (42) End 3rd Qtr
Girls: WSPrep (22) Carver (15) End 3rd Qtr

Last edited:
Girls: Mount Airy (76) Surry Central (59) Final
Girls: WSPrep (30) Carver (31) Late 4th Qtr

Same Surry Central team that beat Carver 81 to 00
last night.

Girls: WSPrep (36) Carver (31) Late 4th Qtr

last night.

Girls: Mount Airy (76) Surry Central (59) Final (Boys Coming Up)
Girls: WSPrep (36) Carver (31) I believe This is A Final (Boys Coming Up)

last night.

Boys: Mount Airy (25) Surry Central (16) End 1st Qtr
Boys: WSPrep (00) Carver (00) 5:30 Start Time,No Score Posted So Far

Boys: Mount Airy (83) Surry Central (50) Final

Girls: WSPrep (36) Carver (31) Last Score posted

Still No Boy's score From WSPrep vs Carver

Boys: WSPrep (73) Carver (64) Final
Girls: WSPrep (36) Carver (31) Final Confirmed

Last edited:
I was getting scores on the girl's WSPrep vs Carver game but it does not show up on neither of their conference schedules for Saturday the 27th and never got a confirmed final.

Last edited:
Does anyone from North Stokes High School have cellphone phone service at the High School and if so who is your service provider for that area ?

A Blast From The Past ...Mount Airy's 2015-16 Clay Mounce Team member that lost to Avery County 64-57 the 3rd round of the western finals. Went 12-1 in the conference & 25-4 over all. Played for coach Levi Goins at Mount Airy High School... Contributed 25.2 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 3.0 blocks and 2.7 steals per game as a senior to help the Granite Bears to a 25-4 record, a share of the Northwest Conference title and state playoff appearance... Named NCBCA All-State Third Team, District 11 Player of the Year and Northwest Conference Player of the Year... Selected to the Triad All-Star Game and won the Triad Area Dunk Contest. Photo from his Tweeter Page.
CsacG3DXgAEPdXS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero

Boys: WSPrep (73) Carver (64) Final
Girls: WSPrep (36) Carver (31) Final Confirmed
Again same
Surry Central team that beat Carver 81 to 00
last night.

Still Looking: Does anyone from North Stokes High School have cellphone phone service at the High School and if so who is your service provider for that area ?

A Blast From The Past ...Mount Airy's 2016-17 Clay Mounce Team member that lost to Lincoln Charter 54-51 in last years western finals. Went 12-0 in the conference & 25-4 over all. Played for coach Levi Goins at Mount Airy High School... Contributed 25.2 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 3.0 blocks and 2.7 steals per game as a senior to help the Granite Bears to a 25-4 record, a share of the Northwest Conference title and state playoff appearance... Named NCBCA All-State Third Team, District 11 Player of the Year and Northwest Conference Player of the Year... Selected to the Triad All-Star Game and won the Triad Area Dunk Contest. Photo from his Tweeter Page.
CsacG3DXgAEPdXS.jpg
Just checked out Mounce's stats. Looks like he's doing fairly decent. Had a good game against Western Carolina.

Still Looking: Does anyone from North Stokes High School have cellphone phone service at the High School and if so who is your service provider for that area ?
I guess North Stokes is behind several mountains and has no signals from any cell service. I know I always hated that trip from Mount Airy. Easier getting to Galax or Carroll Co. ,Va. No wander I never get scores from any school playing at North Stokes.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I guess North Stokes is behind several mountains and has no signals from any cell service. I know I always hated that trip from Mount Airy. Easier getting to Galax or Carroll Co. ,Va. No wander I never get scores from any school playing at North Stokes.
I had all sorts of trouble even at Galax when I went up there for that Christmas tournament. That's why there were no updates from me on Twitter while I was there. But some carrier must work there, because I saw other people on their phones.

I've only been to NS once and had nothing there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT