ADVERTISEMENT

Fans ??

DKatt

Nov 6, 2002
Will fans be allowed at games? Parents only? Will it be up to each school, the conference, or will the state make the call? Does anyone have any insight ?

Will fans be allowed at games? Parents only? Will it be up to each school, the conference, or will the state make the call? Does anyone have any insight ?
100 fans. How that is handled will be up to each school/conference.

Hopefully the Press & Radio coverage for the ones at home to listen to the games and game results in the Newspaper for those that work 2nd shift to read the play-by-play in the Newspapers.

This issue has been discussed in our household for the last few weeks. FWIW--We have traveled to two neighboring states to play volleyball within the last month to witness close to 1000 people in the arena at the same time---I will add that these events were held indoors however everyone was required to wear facecoverings. Thus my frustration with Gov. Cooper's order that is limiting attendance to only 100 people for outdoor events--i.e. football. I am not asking for "free reign" with the gate but I do think that one parent for each player from the visiting team should be allowed to attend the game. As I noted in a previous thread, football is little different than the sports that have had a season so far--i.e. volleyball, basketball. I hope that level heads prevail and we see a change with this order. Having a son playing and not able to attend away games(more for sense of ease) for Dad and Mom will be difficult.

Reactions: therealsquid
It should atleast be parents from both teams

It should be; we had to pretty much tell the JV aged kids yesterday that their folks couldn't come on Fridays if they get moved up. That blew my mind but it's the clown situation we are in.

Sadly several teams from my conference don't bring anyone anyways besides their loud as hell bands so it's not much of a change 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
It should be; we had to pretty much tell the JV aged kids yesterday that their folks couldn't come on Fridays if they get moved up. That blew my mind but it's the clown situation we are in.

Sadly several teams from my conference don't bring anyone anyways besides their loud as hell bands so it's not much of a change 🤣
If their bands didn't come they would only have a few parents in a non-covid-19 year.:(

Having attended football games throughout this state, including a lot with packed houses on both sides, bands still make the game day experience better. And yes when the crowd is sparse, I don’t hear the big mouth on the back row getting his rules confused between Sunday and Friday nights.

Hope we do the same

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT