ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN

Straight Scope

May 7, 2002
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, or not, but ESPN has 5 HS games this weekend. Two were last night from Alabama and Utah. Two more are today (Saturday), and the fifth game is tomorrow (I think around Noon) from Ohio. They may not be on the ESPN main channel, but they are available on one of the ESPN channels on Direct TV

Actually I was only partially correct earlier. They also have games today from Indiana at 6 and from North Dakota at 9.

I’m watching one now on ESPN2 with Bentonville West (AR) vs. Broken Arrow (OK). Still another half to go.

Corner Canyon from Utah is good!!!! IMG plays Friday.
Thanks for the heads up on the Friday Night game. I believe it starts at 8.

I noticed they are having a replay of the Corner Canyon-Bingham game at 5:30 on Friday. Bingham has been the hot team in Utah for several years, but it looks like Corner Canyon may have passed them, at least for now. I agree that Corner Canyon is very good, and a lot of fun to watch, so I'll probably watch the replay. Their QB can sling it, and (I believe it was) #5 can get open, catch it. They had several others, but those 2 really stood out to me.

I'm sure I'll also watch the IMG game, but it's hard for me to get excited about them. They have very little in common with the HS football most of us are familiar with. I automatically pull against them, and for whoever they are playing. So I'll watch hoping the team they are playing can at least score.

Thanks for the heads up on the Friday Night game. I believe it starts at 8.

I noticed they are having a replay of the Corner Canyon-Bingham game at 5:30 on Friday. Bingham has been the hot team in Utah for several years, but it looks like Corner Canyon may have passed them, at least for now. I agree that Corner Canyon is very good, and a lot of fun to watch, so I'll probably watch the replay. Their QB can sling it, and (I believe it was) #5 can get open, catch it. They had several others, but those 2 really stood out to me.

I'm sure I'll also watch the IMG game, but it's hard for me to get excited about them. They have very little in common with the HS football most of us are familiar with. I automatically pull against them, and for whoever they are playing. So I'll watch hoping the team they are playing can at least score.
If I'm not mistaken, South Carolina starts next Friday.

IMG is top dawg
21-0 in the 1st quarter against Venice

Sounds like a Scotland scoring game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT