ADVERTISEMENT

End of the Year Rankings

msgtcody

Oct 23, 2004
We should do an end of the year thread now that all the dust is settled to see where you'd rank EM based on what we know now and who played who and how well.

My personal opinion assuming all teams are 100% healthy.

#1 Mount Airy without a doubt the most talented top to bottom. The right team won it all. They probably win that championship game 9 outta 10 times.

#2 Tarboro. Its scary this was probably a little bit of a down year for them. Defense played well. Offense not quite potent enough to play from behind with injuries. A game vs a healthy ER would have been close.

#3 Eastern Randolph. When healthy they put up a fight and hung with MA through 3 quarters. Able to get by Robbinsville with key injuries. Not the most talented or flashy but a good hard nosed big team.

#4 Andrews. Shame they also encountered injuries when they did. Think they beat Draughn 4 out of those 5 games healthy. Could probably hang with anyone up here except MA.

#5 Robbinsville. Well disciplined and hard to stop. Tough and well coached. Needed to improve on special teams and finishing off drives. Ultimately lost to ER and Andrews so have to rank them here.

What about the total recruiters? Mountain Island Charter, Thomas Jefferson, Union Academy, etc? Anybody hear anything about their recruiting efforts?

What injuries did Tarbororo have? MA had 2 starting linemen out and best defensive player #32 went out first series. MA had two freshmen playing on D line

We should do an end of the year thread now that all the dust is settled to see where you'd rank EM based on what we know now and who played who and how well.

My personal opinion assuming all teams are 100% healthy.

#1 Mount Airy without a doubt the most talented top to bottom. The right team won it all. They probably win that championship game 9 outta 10 times.

#2 Tarboro. Its scary this was probably a little bit of a down year for them. Defense played well. Offense not quite potent enough to play from behind with injuries. A game vs a healthy ER would have been close.

#3 Eastern Randolph. When healthy they put up a fight and hung with MA through 3 quarters. Able to get by Robbinsville with key injuries. Not the most talented or flashy but a good hard nosed big team.

#4 Andrews. Shame they also encountered injuries when they did. Think they beat Draughn 4 out of those 5 games healthy. Could probably hang with anyone up here except MA.

#5 Robbinsville. Well disciplined and hard to stop. Tough and well coached. Needed to improve on special teams and finishing off drives. Ultimately lost to ER and Andrews so have to rank them here.

Reactions: Bearmod1
#7 (Lewis) for Tarboro looked like he was banged up the whole 2nd half. Slow getting up but he is a WARRIOR and the best Safety I've seen this year!!!

Reactions: sbbbfan
What injuries did Tarbororo have? MA had 2 starting linemen out and best defensive player #32 went out first series. MA had two freshmen playing on D line
I want to start by saying this is not an excuse! I’m just answering your question.

Tarboro was playing without:
#10- the Senior leader on defense at MLB
#68- he was the guy suspended. He was the DE, OL, and punter (we missed him most at this position)
#6 -who got hurt early in game and I don’t think I saw him play anymore.

Again, that’s not an excuse. Both teams were dealing with injuries! Mount Airy was the better team yesterday

Was just asking not intending nothing. #6 did come back in. #32 loss for MA wasn't that bad bc #22 freshman did his thang. #10 for y'all on film was bad dude. So I think #32 going out made us even lol.

Reactions: TarVikes
68. Possibly the best football player on either side. It's a travesty that that was a game time decision from our bs nchsaa on him not playing. He was the catalyst for that offense.
Agreed. It was handled very poorly. I was told They had a zoom call at 1pm to give the final decision.

What took so long to make a decision? One way or another I feel like it would’ve been nice to know before the team was already at the stadium.

You can laugh at this past #1. Make what correct changes you think should be made.

You can laugh at this past #1. Make what correct changes you think should be made.
Mount Airy
Tarboro
Eastern Randolph
Draughn
Andrews

There is my top 5 in the order I would rank them.

I thought NCPreps did a final top 10 ranking every year. It will be interesting and probably better than MaxPreps ! Thomasville should be ahead of all SMC but maybe Andrews & Murphy. Thomasville shut out Swain and ER only beat Robbinsville by 3, 29-26

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT