ADVERTISEMENT

Elkin names Brad Baker HFC

Record is like that due to the crap schools he has been at and made respectable. Made North Meck into a team that would compete. Took Rockingham County to the playoffs. Twice. Good offensive mind. I think he will do well in a community like Elkin.
Said the same thing about Lowman record when he came to ES. I saw how that turned out. Hopefully things will change at Elkin with this hire.

North Meck and Rockingham are tough places to win. Rockingham was real bad for some time before Baker took over.

I hope this can excite the community, and the youth programs can buy in to get back to winning ways.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I wouldn’t be talkin just yet yall are about to have your own search party going on for a HC. It may not go well and you could end up with a 52-77!
Says you alan. I'd say there are two very qualified guys on that staff that can keep it going. One especially. Luckily they have good assistants unlike the elks. And none of them will follow him.

Says you alan. I'd say there are two very qualified guys on that staff that can keep it going. One especially. Luckily they have good assistants unlike the elks. And none of them will follow him.
Keeping it going is a stretch. He’s gone I’m gonna guess you’re losing the two OL coaches. I’d figure they’d go home now. Could be tough in the granite city very soon.

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
Keeping it going is a stretch. He’s gone I’m gonna guess you’re losing the two OL coaches. I’d figure they’d go home now. Could be tough in the granite city very soon.
Maybe but Clabos sons are in and coming through the program. One will be a junior next year and the other in 7th. 6 years of them. I’m sure he would gladly step in and coach. That’s atleast 6 years for an NFL o lineman to coach the boys up. He is a great coach as well.

Maybe but Clabos sons are in and coming through the program. One will be a junior next year and the other in 7th. 6 years of them. I’m sure he would gladly step in and coach. That’s atleast 6 years for an NFL o lineman to coach the boys up. He is a great coach as well.
yes I’m sure he’s a stud but that’s a whole different offense you’re redoing everything. OL is learning all new blocking rules and QB is learning new reads Running backs are having to become zone backs. That’s a different world than what they’ve lived in the past 3 years that they had so much success in.

This is a good hire. He will run the program and get the most out of these kids. He will need to build this staff.

I knew his time at Mooresville and NM - I understand some may don’t like his record but he gets everything out of his players and he a great guy. He will be successful at Elkin and if given the resources and support this maybe his most successful spot if things go the right way

If u ask anyone imo they give him a good review

Reactions: Sportsnut17
I knew his time at Mooresville and NM - I understand some may don’t like his record but he gets everything out of his players and he a great guy. He will be successful at Elkin and if given the resources and support this maybe his most successful spot if things go the right way

If u ask anyone imo they give him a good review
That my friend is the problem. Over there. They won't give him the resources. You got coaches that are working in the system. They're married to principles etc. Those coaches don't do worth a hill of beans. That's why therr weight room sucks That's why they're not conditioned. Hopefully this guy's not a math teacher. Hopefully his butts in the weight room. Getting all over their rear ends. Making them work. Don't forget before Elkin got good their first state championship had 18 players on it. Probably because the coaches decided they were going to do it the right way. And run off all the fluff. I hope this guy does succeed. It will change the whole culture of that high school. They're terrible at every sport they play. It's a laughing stock to see how far they have dropped. Just proves that football is what makes it all work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT