ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton Holmes 91-50 Currituck?

Previous record for most points scored by a Holmes team was 83 back in the 1930’s. I listened to the game on 103.7 fm and it was funny listening to the announcers to say the least. They interviewed one of the players off the 69 state championship at halftime and that was good. Really liked hearing from him.

Previous record for most points scored by a Holmes team was 83 back in the 1930’s. I listened to the game on 103.7 fm and it was funny listening to the announcers to say the least. They interviewed one of the players off the 69 state championship at halftime and that was good. Really liked hearing from him.
Actually 87 points was the previous record scored against Creswell in 1930. 87-0 was the score.

Last edited:
Crazy. I guess the running clock didn't go in effect until sometime in the 4th qtr? We had the running clock in the 2nd qtr late in our game. I took our large inflatable Eagle down that the team makes an entrance through in the 3rd qtr. It takes about 10 minutes to do. By the time I did that it was late in the 4th qtr. That running clock will end a game quick!

Reactions: realjoejr and UNC91
Crazy. I guess the running clock didn't go in effect until sometime in the 4th qtr? We had the running clock in the 2nd qtr late in our game. I took our large inflatable Eagle down that the team makes an entrance through in the 3rd qtr. It takes about 10 minutes to do. By the time I did that it was late in the 4th qtr. That running clock will end a game quick!
That’s the thing about this game…it never reached a running clock and Currituck always kept it close enough that Holmes had to keep scoring

That’s the thing about this game…it never reached a running clock and Currituck always kept it close enough that Holmes had to keep scoring
Currituck was successful on a two point conversion after scoring their last touchdown with 10:04 left in the 4th that prevented a running clock. If they had kicked an extra point, the running clock would have started when Edenton scored their last TD with 6:08 left in the game. 1350 yards of Total offense for both teams in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT