ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph at Trinity

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Well, the Cats did something last night that they don't do too often. That is.....beat Trinity at their place.

ER won 95-77. Trinity held tight until late in the second quarter. Nicah Taylor had an outstanding game for the Cats. So did Devonte Brooks, Pierce Leonard, and Timmy Brower. Brower caught fire that second half. Can't believe he only finished with 12. Feels like he had 30.

Dominic Payne and Dylan Hodges had great games for the Bulldogs. I was very impressed with Hodges. He might be one of the most underrated players in all the Triad.

The Lady Cats kept it rolling as well. They won 71-55. They gave Trinity a lot of problems with their full-court pressure. Once again, Brecken Snotherly did her thing. Right now, she's conference POY (IMO). I've especially enjoyed watching her hit the boards.

Lady Bulldogs are way improved from the last few years. They have a nice one-two punch in Kennedy Jackson and Autumn Gentry. Jackson is very good. I can see her playing (at the very least) D-2 ball in a few years. I'm still amazed at Gentry's shooting touch. She still has one of the best runners I've ever seen.

With all of the attention directed at Johnny Thomas (and rightfully so), Jeff Davis has quietly done a nice job with the Lady Cats. They look way better than they did at the start of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT