ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph At Burlington Williams

I don’t do scores but I believe ER will go to 3-0 this week…
Ok tarheel what say you???

This one here may bring back old memories. Back in the mid 2000s Burlington Williams was the road block that kept Eastern Randolph out of potentially more championship games. The 05 ER team in my eyes was as good or better than the 06 championship team.

2004 Williams won 41-10 in 2nd round of playoffs
2005 Williams won 33-13 in 4th round Eastern finals (lost to Charlotte catholic in finals)
2006 Eastern Randolph won 34-20 in 4th round Eastern Finals (beat Charlotte Catholic to win championship)

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Gotta say I was a bit surprised when I saw this one. 8-6? So what happened here? Williams must have a pretty good defense.

Like you guys said, a win's a win. I'll take it. ER needed a game like that.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I didn't go to game but did listen to the Burlington AM broadcast through the internet. The thing that stood out to me, other than the pronunciation of ER names (Not sure why announcers don't print off Maxpreps?), was that the Bulldogs offense struggled. The game was tied 0-0 at half. Williams had tons of 3 and outs all night. Only score, if I remember correctly, was after an ER turnover and very short field. Williams did have a chance to kick a FG for win, after ER fumble, with around 2 minutes left in game. Not sure what happened because broadcast went out during kick and ER was kneeling on ball when it returned.
As for ER, defense played a fine ballgame. Offense moved ball all night but couldn't punch it in end zone. Big RB has a nagging injury and attempts were very limited.
On a side note, announcers kept commenting on how shocked they were that QB Bandwick (Barwick) was starting. He has been the starter since freshman year but OK..

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT