ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes 55 - Elkin 0

I mostly felt wet walking out but it was nice seeing the East offense work perfection. Only one fumble and it was at the snap and not lost. Got a good test coming up this week to see what this East team is capable of.

Yes, Ashe will be a good test. I know they like to throw the ball. I don't know if they can give their QB time to throw down the field or not. I hope we play tight coverage and not get dinked and dunked down the field. I believe our pressure should bother their QB all night. I would make him prove he can get the ball down the field throwing under pressure all night.

For Elkin posters, how would you compare this East team to other teams you have faced this year? I am curious to know what you think. I know guy's like LabaR and Buckin have a good head on their shoulders for football.

I don't like to get in the game of comparisons. In my opinion though EW does have both the best offense and defense in the conference. Last I noticed from the papers they don't have anyone that leads the conference in passing or rushing, but that is only because they have that many go to athletes to get the job done.

realf reedom how does alleghany and elkin compare in your eyes. yall whipped us both so i was wonderin if u think alleghany has a shot against elkin?

EW hasn't been tested yet. Starting this week a lot of those inflated numbers will dwindle over the next 3 weeks. Still think EW is very good but any combination of Ashe, East, Central and Starmount are conference champs. Yet again, there won't be a clear cut conference champion.

LabaR thank you for your opinion. Much respect to you.

KW23, I think both teams are even, however #7 for the Elks is a beast. The Elkin QB didn't finish the game. I would pick the Trojans if he is out.

I tend to agree East has not been tested like they will be in the next 3 weeks. East has done what good teams do, handle the teams they should with ease. Our defense is incredible because they are always in the right spot. I do believe we beat Ashe on Friday.

Elkin can and should beat Alleghany. However this years edition of the Elks seems to put the game in auto pilot a lil too much. It seems as if you can see their efforts correspond to how bad the score gets in their games. Then they totally and completely stop being competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT