ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes 5-1 @ Starmount 6-1

Starmount is another up and coming team. They will win this game. This will be one of those games that they will see and understand how to win big games. It will be a huge building block for the Rams on their way to a good playoff run.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
From what i witnessed in them dismantling Carboro.. They have more than arrived! I’m not sure what happened between East and Elkin but some clichès are just old (throw records out when it comes to rivalries).. but EW was fully expected to beat Elkin by 21 plus but struggled and was behind 3/4th’s of the game. That has nothing do with rivalries and all to do with not being prepared and believing in your own hype. EW was humbled last year at Elkin and got blasted and blown off the line and didn’t even score losing 13-0. This year they gave Mt. Airy all they could handle at Wallace Shelton Stadium. If moral victories existed in Football that was one for EW. They moved the ball all over the field with the option and kept the ball and Mt.Airy on their heels and had several big plays against a very stingy defense! Next game a 2 win Elkin team man handles EW all over the field. EW found some late game mojo to pull out a 5 point win! Depending on which EW team shows up will determine how bad Starmount wins this game. Could be 10 pts… Could be 21 plus🤷🏿‍♂️… Good Luck and Prayers for an injury free and clean played respect filled game to both squads.

Reactions: EWCards#1
I don't want to disrespect EW with a score prediction. I just hope for a great game and that all players make it through without injury and both teams can learn and grow from the game. Good luck to both

I actually wonder if alleghany vs east wilkes could be a good game next week. Shoot we r gonna win out and make it a 3 way tie for first with us Mt airy and starmount... I meen why not. Just kidding I know it will just be how early will the clock continue to run when we play Mt airy... But I think we could have a legitimate shot at east Wilkes.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I think it all hinges on which team shows up. We played right with MA and played around with Wilkes Central who got beat by West and who we beat by 28. If they show up to play I think this game could be within 10 or so points, if not it could be a beat down like last year.

As for the Elkin game, the defense came out strong and forced a 3 and out then gave up a fake punt that kept the drive going for elkin and eventually 3 points. Then they straight up blowed us off the ball all night long, completely shutting down the option. Personally i think it being elkin and the somewhat rival that it still has and elkin coming out of the gates swinging got us down and they could never come out of it. Hats off to elkin for the game plan. Idk who those officials were but they are terrible, they blowed one play dead which woulda resulted in a TD and another the back judge blowed it dead saying he was outta bounds. And dont even get me started on the clock operator. Either way, it seems like every year this game is closer than it should be.

If EW plays up to potential the starmount game should be a barn burner and then no one else in the conference should come close to beating us. But they are teenagers and this is why you play the game.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Swain
Robbinsville
Murphy
Andrews
Hayesville
Cherokee

MA 54
Ashe 04th qrtr

MA 21
Ashe 0

Starmount 58, North Wilkes 0

Cmon man… that’s just sugar in a shell…
They took Merican snack!!!

Watching the game on NFHS Network. Tarboro just scored on 60 yard run up 8-0 1st

East Surry 61
Wilkes Central 14
Final

Carboro ranked #309 just saying. -1 rushing against MA in the Rams house. Just saying!

After east Wilkes performance tonight I think starmount wins by 35 easy

East Wilkes literally has played down to Elkin forever when they are the better team.

As for Starmount, they beat another North Iredell.

If I was a betting man ( which I’m not ) I would bet on a Ma vs Tarboro matchup in December. Bears ain’t 2022 /2023 and us as fans have come to understand that. A shell of 2023 , maybe. But they do have that one intangible that the other teams don’t have. They know how and expect to win. You can’t teach a 39 game winning streak , you have to earn it and be a part of it. I’ve said this all year , winning is a habit, winning ugly comes from heart and determination, not will to accept the loss. Look at the Reidsville / West stokes game championship mentalities win ugly games , you have to have been there to have been able to build it. The Bears will continue to ride the backs of the defense till the offense catches up. You win by o e or a hundred, a dub is a dub. Keep talking and the bears will just keep trudging through the Mudd and keep on winning. I do however think this team is capable of scoring at least 8 on the vikes in December, and I do believe this defense is capable of reeling in an extremely talented vikes offense. Defenses wins championships and that’s the one thing this group excels at. Good luck the rest of the year, see you At Wallace Shelton come playoff time when your team gets there shot at the streak

I think it all hinges on which team shows up. We played right with MA and played around with Wilkes Central who got beat by West and who we beat by 28. If they show up to play I think this game could be within 10 or so points, if not it could be a beat down like last year.

As for the Elkin game, the defense came out strong and forced a 3 and out then gave up a fake punt that kept the drive going for elkin and eventually 3 points. Then they straight up blowed us off the ball all night long, completely shutting down the option. Personally i think it being elkin and the somewhat rival that it still has and elkin coming out of the gates swinging got us down and they could never come out of it. Hats off to elkin for the game plan. Idk who those officials were but they are terrible, they blowed one play dead which woulda resulted in a TD and another the back judge blowed it dead saying he was outta bounds. And dont even get me started on the clock operator. Either way, it seems like every year this game is closer than it should be.

If EW plays up to potential the starmount game should be a barn burner and then no one else in the conference should come close to beating us. But they are teenagers and this is why you play the game.
I hope you are right EWCards.. Last nights score and game play against the Elks leaves me perplexed to say the least. Quick observation. In the years that Elkin was markedly better than EW the games were never close.. Elkin always did what they were supposed to do and left no doubt when they were the better team! I just can’t understand how EW can be so much better expectation wise and either lose to an inferior Elkin team or struggle mightily against them!🤔

I expect Starmount to win this and win comfortably. Until EW steps it up and wins a big game, I can't have much faith in them. Prove something by winning a game like this, then they can be believed in.

I hope you are right EWCards.. Last nights score and game play against the Elks leaves me perplexed to say the least. Quick observation. In the years that Elkin was markedly better than EW the games were never close.. Elkin always did what they were supposed to do and left no doubt when they were the better team! I just can’t understand how EW can be so much better expectation wise and either lose to an inferior Elkin team or struggle mightily against them!🤔
Me too man East Wilkes has got to win that big game. How many players did they sit? Heard they had some discipline problems. Although Travis isn't going to say that is he. He just keep his head down and play ball. Same thing can be said for The Rams. Have they won a big game yet? Oh no they lost the only one they were in.

Me too man East Wilkes has got to win that big game. How many players did they sit? Heard they had some discipline problems. Although Travis isn't going to say that is he. He just keep his head down and play ball. Same thing can be said for The Rams. Have they won a big game yet? Oh no they lost the only one they were in.
Heard the same thing and did see atleast 3 starters not step on the field the 1st quarter, maybe longer.

Reactions: NCBBFB
Heard the same thing about sitting a few kids for the first half of the Elkin game. Caught playing games during weightlifting. Sounds like he did the right thing. Got to set expectations and discipline when they aren't met.

Reactions: EWCards#1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT