ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes 4-0 @ MA 6-0

Got tricked again, I mean the Smc isn’t what it traditionally is , set in on your central Davidson game and I think you would agree there’s not a Devonte brooks running around. I think you would tend to agree this team isn’t quite what you’ve had the past couple of years. Mitchell , well Allegheny should have beat them. Then there’s this hertaige team I keep hearing about. We will see about them. I would even go an extra step and say the top 3 in the nw1a is as good of three teams as any 1a teams in the west. I would also go along and say that there will be a supposed to be top team that gets put out by East Wilkes possibly 2. Same with Corinth. I will also go a step further and say on the 2a side there will be a real good team setting at the house wishing they hadn’t took East Surry so lightly. I will also say in what many are saying is a not up to par bears team that they have played as good a schedule as anyone in 1a based on the results of the teams they play. Standards are high for the bears , if they ain’t winning by 50 they just ain’t getting it done. I will say it again west is as weak as pond water, parameters are based on the last 2 years.

Real good year for a team to come out of the feeling like they really done a little something to get to the ship and then get smacked around by Tarboro. Kinda feels like that 1st year East Surry made it ( just saying )
G dog. I do think you are pretty spot-on. I've only seen the two games this year that they've had that have been fairly close. Well I guess our game was fairly close as well. Definitely don't think they are well oiled machine yet for sure. Also agree with you. Starmount and East Wilkes are both very good. Very well coached. And have a lot of talent. I think the bears are going through some growing pains especially on the offensive side of the ball. But it look like they figured some stuff out in the second half last night. But flex bone is hard to defend. Defensively I think the bears are just about there except for it might be a little weaker on the linebacker core. Up front they are very good. Losing 71 hurt them but it seemed like they just plugged somebody else in. Where is he'll probably be out for the regular season just to get healthy. I think they are learning to be an aggressive offense like they were the last 3 years well specifically the last two. Think everyone also needs to remember that they've played a really tough schedule regardless of what everyone else says. North Surry , us, Starmount, East Wilkes,. All very very good teams. Look at their opponents winning percentage. Almost 75%. I think Eastern Randolph is really good. And I think mountain heritage is really good but it's going to be a shame if they finish the season at 4.0 and don't have to play in that pitiful conference that they play in. Hopefully they will drop them down some because they would drop if they had to play those games. I'm going to tell you what nobody wants to see the Rams or the cards at a 9 or a 10 or 11 in the second or third round.

Got tricked again, I mean the Smc isn’t what it traditionally is , set in on your central Davidson game and I think you would agree there’s not a Devonte brooks running around. I think you would tend to agree this team isn’t quite what you’ve had the past couple of years. Mitchell , well Allegheny should have beat them. Then there’s this hertaige team I keep hearing about. We will see about them. I would even go an extra step and say the top 3 in the nw1a is as good of three teams as any 1a teams in the west. I would also go along and say that there will be a supposed to be top team that gets put out by East Wilkes possibly 2. Same with Corinth. I will also go a step further and say on the 2a side there will be a real good team setting at the house wishing they hadn’t took East Surry so lightly. I will also say in what many are saying is a not up to par bears team that they have played as good a schedule as anyone in 1a based on the results of the teams they play. Standards are high for the bears , if they ain’t winning by 50 they just ain’t getting it done. I will say it again west is as weak as pond water, parameters are based on the last 2 years.

Real good year for a team to come out of the feeling like they really done a little something to get to the ship and then get smacked around by Tarboro. Kinda feels like that 1st year East Surry made it ( just saying )
I will be the first to admit that my, and quite frankly almost all ER fans, knowledge of history of 1A sports is contained mostly since the last realignment. ER was 3A forever, 2A for most of the time my children were there and now 1A.
No sir there is no Mr Brooks walking the hallway.
In my opinion, this ER team is growing into their identity. I actually like that. They have a young QB hopefully developing into something special.
I think the Centtal Davidson game was not a good example and I was watching bulls throw cowboys off that night anyway.
But this is a MA thread. I sincerely apologize for taking it astray.
Pond water always draws me in 😂😂

Reactions: gdawg74
I will be the first to admit that my, and quite frankly almost all ER fans, knowledge of history of 1A sports is contained mostly since the last realignment. ER was 3A forever, 2A for most of the time my children were there and now 1A.
No sir there is no Mr Brooks walking the hallway.
In my opinion, this ER team is growing into their identity. I actually like that. They have a young QB hopefully developing into something special.
I think the Centtal Davidson game was not a good example and I was watching bulls throw cowboys off that night anyway.
But this is a MA thread. I sincerely apologize for taking it astray.
Pond water always draws me in 😂😂
I was there and it is very hard to defend that offense central runs, so few teams running, most schools never have to defend it. Putting up yardage is not a Central problem, they get the balll and bang 8 minutes are off the clock. The problem that night was defending the pass or Central would have won the game. I have no idea who wins the game between MA and ER, but I do think if it’s played it will be a good game. ER has a hall of fame coach which accounts for something. Same as the Kidd, apologies for going off track.

G dog. I do think you are pretty spot-on. I've only seen the two games this year that they've had that have been fairly close. Well I guess our game was fairly close as well. Definitely don't think they are well oiled machine yet for sure. Also agree with you. Starmount and East Wilkes are both very good. Very well coached. And have a lot of talent. I think the bears are going through some growing pains especially on the offensive side of the ball. But it look like they figured some stuff out in the second half last night. But flex bone is hard to defend. Defensively I think the bears are just about there except for it might be a little weaker on the linebacker core. Up front they are very good. Losing 71 hurt them but it seemed like they just plugged somebody else in. Where is he'll probably be out for the regular season just to get healthy. I think they are learning to be an aggressive offense like they were the last 3 years well specifically the last two. Think everyone also needs to remember that they've played a really tough schedule regardless of what everyone else says. North Surry , us, Starmount, East Wilkes,. All very very good teams. Look at their opponents winning percentage. Almost 75%. I think Eastern Randolph is really good. And I think mountain heritage is really good but it's going to be a shame if they finish the season at 4.0 and don't have to play in that pitiful conference that they play in. Hopefully they will drop them down some because they would drop if they had to play those games. I'm going to tell you what nobody wants to see the Rams or the cards at a 9 or a 10 or 11 in the second or third round.
I couldn’t agree more , this is a year where patience is key while this team develops. They will be there. Kinda feels fun to have a little regular season excitement. Love having some really good teams in the weak as pond water Nw1a that tends to represent the west year in and year out in some way shape form or fashion. Loving every minute of it

Reactions: sbbbfan
Tricked me into posting again ( lol) . I tend to agree, but as a fan I don’t see what the coaches see in practice every week. I used to question temoney and Dobson, talked to coach holder one day about it and before I left the conversation I was reminded why he is the coach and I’m the fan. I took me through the X’s and O’s and I realized just how little I knew. This team isn’t last years team, leadership isn’t there YET, no definitive moments YET and they are still trying to create their own identity and fill some pretty big shoes. I say exercise patience and I think we all might be a little surprised at the result
7 games in!!!!

Good game. Was well impressed with my Cards. Done alot better than my prediction earlier in the week. Definitely alot closer ball game than 2 scores, IMO. MA hurt them selves in the 1st half with all those penalties. I feel like EWs drive late in the 3rd, with the unsportsmanlike or personal foul penalty, that drive was the turning point in the game. Would love to seen us score there to see what unfolded in the 4th. Oh well, definitely pleased and now excited for the Starmount game and the rest of the season. Good luck to MA the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT