ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes 4-0 @ MA 6-0

And Coach Atkins respectfully played everything close to the vest last year. EW has a small punchers chance if everyone is back and healthy and if Mt. Airy plays as lackluster on Offense as they did against Starmount. With that being said Ew defense is no where near as aggressive or as consistent as either one of the teams in The Bears or Rams. EW needs sustained drives.. and keep their heads up when #4 breaks a BIG run for a TD.. don’t fold as in years past.. Cardinals need to be able to take a punch (several of them) while delivering solid blows of their own …keep # 22 out of the Offensive backfield… Will be a Loooooooong Night if you don’t!!! Just ask Starmount’s QB…

If you keep 22 out of backfield his counter part on the other side #21 will eat you alive also. You are not going to have success running the ball against the Bears. Starmount would not have scored that last td if the Bears had kept the same def out there instead of going to a prevent which never works. Good luck to EW they a re having a good season for being so young.

Our defense is better than last year but they still have weaknesses. They let surry central back in the game in the 2nd half and really struggled against Wilkes Central. I don't see us being very competitive in this game. Don't get me wrong we have decent talent and several hard nosed kids, just not enough to handle MA.

MA by atleast 4 tds.

I don't expect too competitive of a game here. EW might break off a long run or pass or sustain a drive to score with some penalty mistakes by MA, but it will be tough. Mount Airy defense is top notch again, so it's just hard to score. Any game they may lose this year will probably be similar to the lower scoring game against Starmount. Either way, East is having a good season so far and own the Wilkes county title for the year.

Love the way MA plays defense. It's always refreshing when a team hangs their hat on defense and just decides to go out and shut people down. It's awesome the players have bought into that type of mentality. Usually kids who do that and buy in and are willing to go out and sacrifice for the team, will grow up and be pretty successful. Defense isn't sexy but when it is played really well it is a thing of beauty.

Love the way MA plays defense. It's always refreshing when a team hangs their hat on defense and just decides to go out and shut people down. It's awesome the players have bought into that type of mentality. Usually kids who do that and buy in and are willing to go out and sacrifice for the team, will grow up and be pretty successful. Defense isn't sexy but when it is played really well it is a thing of beauty.
Defense wins championships

MA Athletics @GraniteBears

WXII Game of the week
MA Athletics @GraniteBears · 1m @GraniteBears welcomes @WXIISports Game 🏈 of the Week to Wallace Shelton Stadium GO 🐻
GZEqXZ4WoAITnmb

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearfan71
That's reason we should have turf should have been first school to get it in first place with the recent Success now we are playing away games mainly on turf then come home on rainy night and play on messy field and play like crap and get injury our politicians should answer to this

Well again I am here saying I am glad we won but we absolutely looked horrible. We got pushed around tonight and I never would have thought we would get out physicaled. We have to fight for everything we get and right now we have no fire and just think people gonna lay down for us. That isn’t gonna happen. Our offense is still to predictable and we are either gonna wear #4 out or get him hurt. We got so many weapons we don’t even use like John Martin, little Mason and the Taylor kid from Forbush. He can run wildcat and if we don’t get better qb play he can play that position as well. Come on coaches branch out a little bit and don’t get stuck in offenses of the past. I know it is a new head coach but we are far enough into the season to where we shouldn’t be going backwards. Get the boys fired up coach. Too much time complaining on field with officials instead of chewing some rear ends out on side line for lack of effort. Don’t be afraid to sit anyone out that is not performing. Never thought I would say this but we missing JK right now. If things don’t change it will be an early exit in playoffs.

1st half was Mt Airy as usual, Totally undisciplined. Much better in 2nd half but still only about half of what we were a year ago. The Bears may be 7-0, BUT I suggest that if we were to have a 5 round playoff, we would not get past the 3rd round. We have the talent, it is NOT being used any where near correctly. Coaching is so far behind the past several years on offense and defense.
And if RB Taeshon Martin does not get some help we may very well see some team not just key on him but try to TBONE him out of the game.

Well again I am here saying I am glad we won but we absolutely looked horrible. We got pushed around tonight and I never would have thought we would get out physicaled. We have to fight for everything we get and right now we have no fire and just think people gonna lay down for us. That isn’t gonna happen. Our offense is still to predictable and we are either gonna wear #4 out or get him hurt. We got so many weapons we don’t even use like John Martin, little Mason and the Taylor kid from Forbush. He can run wildcat and if we don’t get better qb play he can play that position as well. Come on coaches branch out a little bit and don’t get stuck in offenses of the past. I know it is a new head coach but we are far enough into the season to where we shouldn’t be going backwards. Get the boys fired up coach. Too much time complaining on field with officials instead of chewing some rear ends out on side line for lack of effort. Don’t be afraid to sit anyone out that is not performing. Never thought I would say this but we missing JK right now. If things don’t change it will be an early exit in playoffs.
I agree with everything you said. They seem to want to coast and react when they have too. I am not seeing the aggression needed to win a championship at this time. I hope I am wrong.

I said last week after the Starmount game. MT Airy is playing like their due for a loss, but it might come at bad time in the playoffs or in the State Championship game. A loss would fire MT Airy back up.
Unfortunately if they lose a game it will be playoffs and season over. MA has way too much talent to be predictable on offense

After watching the jv and Varsity games lately I think Kelly should let Coach Tanner Hiatt call some of the offense plays

Reactions: fullcycle
I thought I was going to keep my mouth shut on this out of respect. This isn’t Jk , this is AT. I can remember when all these questions were had about JK. Remember that first year, talent was there should have won the west, how bout beating a swain team 50-20 in the playoffs, didn’t pull your players, got the whole team hurt. Next week get an East Surry team that blew us out, if everyone was playing that was a win in the weakest western playoffs in years. How bout that Mitchell loss —-EMBARRASSING. Jk should have had 3 more trips to the ship in my eyes. Yes everyone was wanting his head. Adkins and lowman came into surry county football when there was enough talent here that my granny could have won state championships. The current team isn’t last years team. Does it need work , hell Yhea, are the best players on the field at any given moment, hell no. Isn’t it as talented and deep as last year, HELL NO. Is there three backs remotely close to as good as last year HELL NO. Is the Qb his brother HELL NO. There’s a lot more at play here besides the coaching staff. Man , I am a fan that’s sick of being a fan. Some how as fans we think we know more than the coaches , we wanna be in there shoes , criticize every move, kiss there ass when they are winning and have our foot on the gas pedal when they are losing. I know what I know that’s why I DIDNT APPLY. I know what I know that’s why an I’m undefeated arm chair qb. What is the expectation? 38 game winning streak which will be 42 when the playoffs hit, another northwest 1a Championship, and in my eyes a western regional championship is still VERY ACHIEVABLE. The west is as weak as pond water this year ( yes I have seen all of your teams . That’s why I make the statement. A shot at a loaded Tarboro team, that I feel like is the best team in 1a football right now will be a real challenge for any team in the west. This team has roughly 6 more weeks to get healthy, improve on the X’s and O’s for another run. Closing note, has anyone took a minute to think of the field conditions, rain , etc. Has anyone maybe thought that the rams and cardinals are pretty dog gone good football teams? Both are capable of playing deep themselves this year. Has anyone stopped to think this is a jr laden team? Has anyone stopped to think that these type games are what we have been needing for a few years? Has anyone stopped to think that man these kids just keep on finding ways to win even when they still aren’t the well oiled machine that we all know that they can be. This group just isn’t used to losing so they continue to find ways to get it done even on their worst nights when the whole world is gunning for them. Winning is a habit. If this post pisses you off I don’t care , just so you know. Last post till 3rd round playoffs

Last edited:
I thought I was going to keep my mouth shut on this out of respect. This isn’t Jk , this is AT. I can remember when all these questions were had about JK. Remember that first year, talent was there should have won the west, how bout beating a swain team 50-20 in the playoffs, didn’t pull your players, got the whole team hurt. Next week get an East Surry team that blew us out, if everyone was playing that was a win in the weakest western playoffs in years. How bout that Mitchell loss —-EMBARRASSING. Jk should have had 3 more trips to the ship in my eyes. Yes everyone was wanting his head. Adkins and lowman came into surry county football when there was enough talent here that my granny could have won state championships. The current team isn’t last years team. Does it need work , hell Yhea, are the best players on the field at any given moment, hell no. Isn’t it as talented and deep as last year, HELL NO. Is there three backs remotely close to as good as last year HELL NO. Is the Qb his brother HELL NO. There’s a lot more at play here besides the coaching staff. Man , I am a fan that’s sick of being a fan. Some how as fans we think we know more than the coaches , we wanna be in there shoes , criticize every move, kiss there ass when they are winning and have our foot on the gas pedal when they are losing. I know what I know that’s why I DIDNT APPLY. I know what I know that’s why an I’m undefeated arm chair qb. What is the expectation? 38 game winning streak which will be 42 when the playoffs hit, another northwest 1a Championship, and in my eyes a western regional championship is still VERY ACHIEVABLE. The west is as weak as pond water this year ( yes I have seen all of your teams . That’s why I make the statement. A shot at a loaded Tarboro team, that I feel like is the best team in 1a football right now will be a real challenge for any team in the west. This team has roughly 6 more weeks to get healthy, improve on the X’s and O’s for another run. Closing note, has anyone took a minute to think of the field conditions, rain , etc. Has anyone maybe thought that the rams and cardinals are pretty dog gone good football teams? Both are capable of playing deep themselves this year. Has anyone stopped to think this is a jr laden team? Has anyone stopped to think that these type games are what we have been needing for a few years? Has anyone stopped to think that man these kids just keep on finding ways to win even when they still aren’t the well oiled machine that we all know that they can be. This group just isn’t used to losing so they continue to find ways to get it done even on their worst nights when the whole world is gunning for them. Winning is a habit. If this post pisses you off I don’t care , just so you know. Last post till 3rd round playoffs
You’ve been to an Eastern Randolph game? You should have hollered…
I woulda come talked to you.
West weak as water huh?
What kind of pond? I have seined some that very few would venture into during the 77 drought.
Just trying to get a grasp on the parameters…

Yes we are spoiled
Would just like to see them mix it up little more. Happy to just keep winning. I think both Starmount and EW can make deep runs.

I appreciate your perspective gdawg but how you know what kind of stable of running backs we have if we don’t try them out. That is what I am saying. I know we have a winning tradition and love bear football. So I will keep my thoughts to myself and hope you are right

I appreciate your perspective gdawg but how you know what kind of stable of running backs we have if we don’t try them out. That is what I am saying. I know we have a winning tradition and love bear football. So I will keep my thoughts to myself and hope you are right
Tricked me into posting again ( lol) . I tend to agree, but as a fan I don’t see what the coaches see in practice every week. I used to question temoney and Dobson, talked to coach holder one day about it and before I left the conversation I was reminded why he is the coach and I’m the fan. I took me through the X’s and O’s and I realized just how little I knew. This team isn’t last years team, leadership isn’t there YET, no definitive moments YET and they are still trying to create their own identity and fill some pretty big shoes. I say exercise patience and I think we all might be a little surprised at the result

Got tricked again, I mean the Smc isn’t what it traditionally is , set in on your central Davidson game and I think you would agree there’s not a Devonte brooks running around. I think you would tend to agree this team isn’t quite what you’ve had the past couple of years. Mitchell , well Allegheny should have beat them. Then there’s this hertaige team I keep hearing about. We will see about them. I would even go an extra step and say the top 3 in the nw1a is as good of three teams as any 1a teams in the west. I would also go along and say that there will be a supposed to be top team that gets put out by East Wilkes possibly 2. Same with Corinth. I will also go a step further and say on the 2a side there will be a real good team setting at the house wishing they hadn’t took East Surry so lightly. I will also say in what many are saying is a not up to par bears team that they have played as good a schedule as anyone in 1a based on the results of the teams they play. Standards are high for the bears , if they ain’t winning by 50 they just ain’t getting it done. I will say it again west is as weak as pond water, parameters are based on the last 2 years.

Real good year for a team to come out of the feeling like they really done a little something to get to the ship and then get smacked around by Tarboro. Kinda feels like that 1st year East Surry made it ( just saying )
You’ve been to an Eastern Randolph game? You should have hollered…
I woulda come talked to you.
West weak as water huh?
What kind of pond? I have seined some that very few would venture into during the 77 drought.
Just trying to get a grasp on the parameters…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT