ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs Tarboro Round 3!

This game could be close with one team losing by a missed extra point as East Surry had an extra point blocked in the 3rd Qtr against PLP last week or a team winning by a field goal. 2018 Tarboro won by a blowout 50-10 and East Surry won by not as big a blowout last year 56-28, not as big a blowout but for beating Tarboro that bad, I saw it as a blowout. I am probably wrong but neither team wins by more than 3 TDs and it could go either way. I would not put money on either team. You can tell by not much chatter this week the respect these two teams and fans have for one another going into this game Saturday compared to last year. Good Luck to both teams for a great game with no injuries.
As I said, neither team wins by more than 3 TDs. 25 minus 7 = 18
ES won by 28 last year and Tar. won by 40 in 2018. The home team changes for the state championship every and the home teams have won all 3 years. Tarboro was home this year, ES home last year, and Tarboro in 2018.

Congratulations to Tarboro! From what I listened to we were outplayed. Proud of our young men and what they accomplished this season. Thanks to the seniors and their dedication over the years. Thanks for the back and forth on here. See yall on the 2A boards. Still proud to be a Cardinal!!
GO BIG RED!!

Reactions: mbdfan
Tarboro’s Defense was dominant, I was really worried about the screen game and overall passing attack, since Tarboro faces run oriented offenses almost all season.

I’ve enjoyed watching Tarboro play against E Surry the last 3 years. They’re a good program and I know from talking to Tarboro players that there is a lot of respect between the two teams.

I thought Lowman coming over and kneeling beside the injured player for us was a classy move.

Good luck to E Surry In 2A next year.

So so happy for our seniors and everyone at Tarboro. It was a very depressing feeling this past fall when there was not any football taking place. But to see the dedication and how hard these guys work to bring this championship home makes this one of the most special Tarboro teams ever. Notice I didn't say best I said special. And to East Surry it's been fun playing you guys 3 years in a row. You took the world by surprise in 2018, but now everybody knows who East Surry is. Good luck in 2a. Also got nothing but respect for coach lowman that was a very classy move and showed a lot of respect on his part coming to check on one of the injured Tarboro players.

Congratulations to Tarboro on their victory. The better team won today. East Surry shot themselves too many times in the foot. Hard enough to beat Tarboro at your best. Hitting the post on the field goal attempt, fumbling inside the 15 yard line and missing too many wide open receivers all day. Boaz just got too rattled today, hopefully he'll learn from it and get better because of it.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Congratulations to Tarboro on their victory. The better team won today. East Surry shot themselves too many times in the foot. Hard enough to beat Tarboro at your best. Hitting the post on the field goal attempt, fumbling inside the 15 yard line and missing too many wide open receivers all day. Boaz just got too rattled today, hopefully he'll learn from it and get better because of it.
Tarboro definitely prepared for East Surrys screen passes this year. Another big difference is they managed to get pressure on him they couldn't do that in 2019. I was honestly surprised our defense played as well as it did to hold such a good offense to 7 points I did not not see that happening. I'm sure lowman and his staff will make adjustments and hold their own in 2a though 😀

East will win there 2a confrence next season but will go out against Reildsville or Shelby they just don't have enough fire power to compete in that league in the playoffs

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
East will win there 2a confrence next season but will go out against Reildsville or Shelby they just don't have enough fire power to compete in that league in the playoffs
I can't see them making it to the western finals the next 4 years. But I can;t understand Thomasville dropping to 1A with an ADM of 638 and East Surry going up to 2A with an ADM of 588 Polk ADM 614 goes 2A.

13 years, 9 title game appearances, 6 titles. What a run. I don’t know what the future holds, and I know it’s unrealistic to expect this every year, but we sure have been spoiled. What an amazing ride we’ve been on.

I can't see them making it to the western finals the next 4 years. But I can;t understand Thomasville dropping to 1A with an ADM of 638 and East Surry going up to 2A with an ADM of 588 Polk ADM 614 goes 2A.
The NCHSAA chose to factor in schools that have been successful as part of a reason to move them up, or schools that have not been successful move down. They also factored in free/reduced lunches.

The NCHSAA chose to factor in schools that have been successful as part of a reason to move them up, or schools that have not been successful move down. They also factored in free/reduced lunches.
NCHSAA sure does know how to complicate everything don’t they?

Reactions: therealsquid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT