ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry @ Murphy

Mount Airy fans will have to direct me to the best BBQ though. Unless you know because I have no clue
Boys if yal talking BBQ, come on to Murphy, the visitor side has BBQ , they start smoking it early in morning,. Come eat at the hill, get yal sum chilli cheese fries too,

We will talk more about it sat morning Mbd and griddie , Princeton dont play on saturday? I bet they play on sat and that ivy league degree plays 7 days a week and well over 200 grand a year in the game of life. Just sayin

"Game of life", is that you Butch Jones?

Reactions: pollo_loco
Seems like the kid from north was the feature star on team. Ray isn’t e surry has three players who you never know where they will line up. The qb is actually a better wr imo speed wise he was so much faster than th ragsdale kids. Ray is a home run threat every time and no. 1 like the go route. Ever since they put 12 at qb offense has been rolling he is fast not 4.4 fast but fast like he faster in person than on film I don’t know how to equate that I like an all nw final es vs mt airy same county finale. That would be awesome. Talking about sold out e surry 37 Murphy 28

Surprised , never. Murphy will never surprise us down this way, much respect for the program, coaches and quality of kids year in and year out. Not only says alot about the program but alot about what the little league, middle school etc programs as well. But i will say this , Bessemer City just shocked Swain, Swain beat the Dogs and from what ive seen on tape the cards are a few steps above what swain ran into friday night. Those cards aint the cupcakes you are expecting to show up at the hill. Yes i seen the dogs play greenwood , but was also at the swain game, how can any football fan miss a game like that, great atmosphere. I will say this , Ragsdale beats Franklin by 21 if they ever play, and Hibriten beats Franklin by as much as they want. Like i said The cards are battle tested , been beat and now adjusted. Not saying they win , they will be VERY COMPETITIVE and it wont surprise me the least to see them with a win. If they lose , they lost to a better team. All im saying is pack yhea lunch boys cause its deff gonna be a football game friday night

Last edited:
Awful bold statement nc - nole fan , awful bold statement. Mountains are made to climb now aint they . Wink wink :)

Home field advantage and a long trip (right after Thanksgiving) will make it extremely difficult for East Surry. Everyone knows ES are the underdogs in this one. ES has the ability to legitimately pull the upset, but it'll take their best effort of the year to do so. I'm guessing Murphy by about 10 points.

All in good spirit guys , gotta get this board to poppin like years past. Dead in here thru the year this year. Talk the smack and even eat a little crow if it comes to that, all i want know is where nc nole fan and mbd buying the pre game fill up for this traveling gypsy / football fan

East Surry is good and they play a hard nosed brand of football. However if EW was fully staffed they would have beaten East Surry. The backfield lost the Reid kid just before the Elkin game( thats 900 yds rushing and 4.4 speed)in the backfield. EW was a facsimile of itself without him. The EW offense couldn't score enough points to offset the suddenly horrible EW defense. I was impressed with East Surry's offense, but a horrible end of year EW team was able to score a lot of points in a loss as well.

Would've, should've, could've, BUT DIDNT!!! I will be looking for you dribbling a basketball in murphy on friday night blue print, i mean its basketball season in rhonda, Just like i told yhea it would be. But if you dont make the drive then at least head over and see the bears , then you will understand what the dawg has been telling yhea all year. Come on brother , eat that crow and hand over tgat moon pie and coca cola

Old Rebel was a great poster and guy. I was wondering that myself. I've been to many boys and girls basketball games, baseball and softball games, and some football games through the years in Pilot Mountain. Wonderful place.

That booty going to be sore riding back down them mountains to Pilot Mountain with a loss

Reactions: gdawg74
Not to picky here Mbd, this ole fat boy will go for about anything. Come on griddie , riding back down the mountain to get back to the mountain, i mean pilot mtn is still a mountain, a wittle bitty mountain but still a mountain :-/. If i have to eat a little crow on the way back then i cant think of a better a place to have been served that crow than up on the hill. Now blueprint , i dont think walter payton would do you much good when your defense gave up 114 points the last 3 games of the season. I know wilkes county has the best shine in the world but not even that shine can convince me of that. Just sayin

LOL. Gdawg. You're right, no excuses. I don't even like Moon Pie..but I got my belly full of that crow. I may check out Hibriten/Franklin Fri night though. Good luck East Surry. Gonna be a David vs Goliath type match up, up there in them Hills bro!! That sling shot worked wonders though!!

That’s great that he’s doing well!!!! Have wondered for a while now

Deanna you need to tell him he’s got a fan club on here that would like him to makes an appearance sometime

On another note for you ES fans, whatever happened to the poster old rebel? I remember him from years ago but it's been long time since he's posted. He seemed like a great guy. Hope he's okay.
Ol' Reb is still around making sure you guys behave. I miss my old buddy from Albemarle Blue Bones. Five grand-young'uns keep me busy on the weekends now but still try to follow my Cards. Won't be able to make it up the Hill this year but I'll have to say the 2001 road trip was as good as I've ever been on. The 2008 trip was a bummer but one of those kids that played that night (Coach Diamont's son, Hunter Diamont) is now a Lt in the U.S. Army and deployed in the Middle East. He was hurt that night in 2008 but still has a lot of heart. Keep him in your prayers. Good to know some of you old timers remember the Ol' Reb. I'll check in late Friday night ...

Ol' Reb is still around making sure you guys behave. I miss my old buddy from Albemarle Blue Bones. Five grand-young'uns keep me busy on the weekends now but still try to follow my Cards. Won't be able to make it up the Hill this year but I'll have to say the 2001 road trip was as good as I've ever been on. The 2008 trip was a bummer but one of those kids that played that night (Coach Diamont's son, Hunter Diamont) is now a Lt in the U.S. Army and deployed in the Middle East. He was hurt that night in 2008 but still has a lot of heart. Keep him in your prayers. Good to know some of you old timers remember the Ol' Reb. I'll check in late Friday night ...

The legend of Cardinal Country...

Reactions: Old Rebel

Glad to see you're still kicking old man...lol....Glad to hear that you have a bunch of grandyunguns to keep you busy....Take care my friend, and keep the home fires a burning!

I must confess that I do miss your comments on your Cardinals, and all things related to High School sports, but I certainly understand that every moment with the grandkids are special moments to cherish!

I also noticed that you first joined NCPreps on my birthday....What a coincidence!

Glad you are doing well Old Rebel! Miss seeing you and I coming to East Surry for games whatever the sport was/is always a great time. Enjoy those grand young’uns and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Reactions: Old Rebel

YEP! Old Rebel has some great looking grand babies and spends quality time as he can. I miss his comments and interaction on the boards as well, but through face book I can still say he's a fine man with all the pictures and stories I get to witness. Good luck to your teams tomorrow night and
keep showing your student athletes the support they deserve.One day they will realize they are making memories that will last a lifetime.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT