ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry at West Stokes

POWERATTACK

Sep 21, 2004
Best match up in the Northwest this week. Who wins this one? There are several underlying stories here. Both sides are very familiar with each other. Lowman saw an opportunity at West and took it. He is now teamed up with his #1 assistant and the offense is rolling. At East, they are playing good defense. If it is a shootout West will win. If it is a defensive battle advantage East. My thoughts. West has the best athletes, can they live up to the hype?

One of these teams will be 1-2 after this week. Both need this win so it should be a battle. West Stokes has North Surry ,Reidsville and Walkertown so it doesn't get easier.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I think it's going to be defensive game and whoever has the least turnovers wins
It is going to be a high-scoring affair. I see the defenses giving up many points. There are too many studs on the West Stokes offense to be held down. Lowman will hang as many as he can on East.

I don’t see west being as physical as the east surry team I seen last week. I was very impressed with the cards. Although the Ma team East played last week isn’t quite hitting on all cylinders just yet, I don’t believe west is as good as the bears. That’s based on the film I’ve seen. Lowman might be looking to hang a 100 as said above but I know this group of young men from pilot has the shittiest of taste in there mouths from that situation as does the community. Refs will have their hands full as this game will carry tons of emotions

West has a lot of experience and last week Randleman had at least 4 personal fouls and wildcats didn't have any. Both teams have good coaching staffs. It will be a physical game

good ole fashion slobber knocker in King this Friday night
West may not rely on a physical, hard-hitting style, but they will certainly put up points. Lowman’s approach isn't about grinding out tough, physical battles. He prefers quick, efficient ball movement, allowing his athletes to showcase their skills. It’s in West's best interest to play a finesse game.

Mark my words: this will be a high-scoring affair. If it turns into a low-scoring game, the Cardinals will have a chance. Otherwise, West Stokes will dominate. West’s strength lies in their athleticism, not in a bruising, physical style of play.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
14 - 2 at halftime.

West Stokes has zero penalties and zero turnovers.

East Surry has one fumble, 2 personal fouls, 1 at the West Stokes 3 yard line. and 10+ penalties.

One is disciplined, the other is not.

Hopefully that helps Lowman feel better. 🤷‍♂️
On to next week. Gotta clean up a bunch of stuff still.

Go Big Red
#27Forever

Hopefully that helps Lowman feel better. 🤷‍♂️
On to next week. Gotta clean up a bunch of stuff still.

Go Big Red
#27Forever
East has a good team and plenty of talent. May win conference if they work on the issues. Couldn't believe they went for it so much on 4th down especially inside their own 20

FormerSC Stud what is you analysis of the game? I know you were a very close observer.

I'm not sure of the change but that last drive by West they ran it 8 and 10 yards every play to the end zone.

Best team didn’t win this one in my opinion. East lived on the west side of the field. Couldn’t understand kicking off short after the last couple of scores . Low snaps hurt East , outside of that the offense looked good. Stevie Kenner catches pass deep in west 15 with 1:40 to go we are talking about a different outcome. East had there chances. , penalties eat them alive. After seeing East up close king devil are you still concerned about the bears? I’ve told people all year this East team is much better than advertised. East coaching staff has done phenomenal job with what they have. Congrats to west on doing what they had to do. Big win. Highly interested in that hounds , wildcat matchup next week.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
East Surry has some big boys on the line for sure. They may not lose again till playoffs. Our conference just got stronger with Walkertown knocking off Forest Hills. I'll agree about the kickoff giving West ball at midfield. Last week Randleman scored 15 seconds before halftime and kicked it to Fleming and he ran it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
The O line for West proved to be much stronger in the 4th quarter and won the battle of the trenches.
So skill wise they were equal, just West OL was the difference? OL should be West strength with all of the studs that are receiving offers and invites. Looks like Wildcats vs. Rams for championship! Gonna be fun to see if Reidsville can handle WS OL.

I agree about East getting wore down , that last drive was way too easy considering how effective the run defense had been all night . Hats off to west. Great game both teams.
All eyes turn to toast next week. Should be a good one with a much improved north team who is coming off of a big win last night as well. Great to finally see some parity in the area. Good football all around, not just at Wallace Shelton. All 3 teams gonna get at least one playoff win this year possibly 2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT