ADVERTISEMENT

East Lincoln vs Statesville

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
3-1 East Lincoln will play home against 3-0 Statesville. EL has 1 loss in conference and Statesville is 1-0 in conference. East Lincoln lost a close one to Hickory 22-21 and Statesville won over North Lincoln 14-5. With this game East Lincoln will need the win or it could jeopardize their chances of make the playoffs. With Statesville I feel like this is a winnable game.
Not a strong conference this year. Even North Iredell could pull out several wins this year in conference. Any thoughts

Reactions: Kylar2018
Terribly weak 3A conference from top to bottom....with the bottom tier being as bad as the worst 1A schools in the state. Foard, Saint, West, and North Iredell are light years behind the top schools Statesville, Hickory, West and North Lincoln. Could be a year where everybody gets an L in the conference and the champ have one OR two losses. If East's QB is still out with an injury, then Statesville will win...BUT, this Statesville team is nothing to be intimidated by...some fast athletes, but weak coaching.

Statesville is a talented team, but very undisciplined. Statesville get more penalties with unsportsmanlike conduct an personal fouls than any other program in the State. East is in a must win situation and be favored. Hope it's a good game and things don't get ugly.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
How did North Lincoln look against them? I hadn’t heard a peep from anybody as to how North looks this year

How did North Lincoln look against them? I hadn’t heard a peep from anybody as to how North looks this year
Lunch pail team. Huge! Disciplined! Tough as nails! Not flashy or fast. Smart!
….and did I say….Huge? I have a close friend who has a son playing offensive lineman for the Knights…I’d hate to be one feeding him!😜
QB Kovalchuk and RB Rogers run HARD!… fight to the death for a yard! When in doubt….they’re gonna run it!….very few pass attempts Just line ‘em up and have at it!…type of team. They are a very sound, physical football team in the trenches and will give any team, in their conference. a run for their money!

Lunch pail team. Huge! Disciplined! Tough as nails! Not flashy or fast. Smart!
….and did I say….Huge? I have a close friend who has a son playing offensive lineman for the Knights…I’d hate to be one feeding him!😜
QB Kovalchuk and RB Rogers run HARD!… fight to the death for a yard! When in doubt….they’re gonna run it!….very few pass attempts Just line ‘em up and have at it!…type of team. They are a very sound, physical football team in the trenches and will give any team, in their conference. a run for their money!
NL looks good on film. Coach Bazzle has done a good job with their offense again. I think they have some good looking linebackers as well. I think Statesville will have the upper hand against East Lincoln this week, only if they cover the wide outs closely.

NL looks good on film. Coach Bazzle has done a good job with their offense again. I think they have some good looking linebackers as well. I think Statesville will have the upper hand against East Lincoln this week, only if they cover the wide outs closely.
Good to hear from a faithful poster mr cheer. I know North lost a TON of talent so prob a bit of a rebuilding year I’d imagine but still well coached with a good JV team of 2 years ago. Hate they had to move up to 3A which will prob be a lot of 1 and done playoff games. They should hold their own in this conference. Not sure what happened against West Lincoln game but I know West is a team to beat this year as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT