ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth vs Rolesville!!!

If we don't play better defensively than we did last Friday night against NWG regardless of the reason we'll be 1-1.

If we don't play better defensively than we did last Friday night against NWG regardless of the reason we'll be 1-1.
My original comment mentioned y'all defense, but I deleted it because I didn't want to argue. But yea, East defense better step it up. A shootout isn't an ideal situation with Rolesville. I'm sure they're thinking the same as well.

Reactions: Veejay4
SIMMONS Prediction: East Forsyth (1-0, 4A) at Rolesville (1-0, 4A) - R by 9

The offense that Rolesville has had for the past couple of years might be some of the best offenses since Indy and Knotts. I know they lost the state title game 2 seasons ago but the QB had a cracked hip. Last year playoff run was crazy the points they put up. Other teams would score 40 and still get blown out. This year the QB is not as athletic but may be a better pure QB than Byrum Brown. The New DC is very good and that area was addressed during the off season and as the year goes on will get better. The team is built on speed there are a lot of track kids on that team so they have a ton of speed. One miss tackle and its 60 yards. If Rolesville wins this one they will represent the East if there are not substantial injuries. Now I am very good friends with Willert he and his staff are the tops in the game , they will be ready , they have speed to match Rolesville. Plus playing NW Guilford last week who has a good QB and three very good WR will help in this game. So this could be a prelude to a rematch in December

Last edited:
The offense that Rolesville has had for the past couple of years might be some of the best offenses since Indy and Knotts. I know they lost the state title game 2 seasons ago but the QB had a cracked hip. Last year playoff run was crazy the points they put up. Other teams would score 40 and still get blown out. This year the QB is not as athletic but may be a better pure QB than Byrum Brown. The New DC is very good and that area was addressed during the off season and as the year goes on will get better. If Rolesville wins this one they will represent the East if there are not substantial injuries
Lotta good teams in the East and we know exactly how you feel about injuries during the playoffs last year:).

Reactions: Veejay4 and sammyk
Lotta good teams in the East and we know exactly how you feel about injuries during the playoffs last year:).
To beat Rolesville you have to keep pace with them find ways to hold those WR because as soon as the Soph QB gets more comfy they will score 80 on a lot of teams

To beat Rolesville you have to keep pace with them find ways to hold those WR because as soon as the Soph QB gets more comfy they will score 80 on a lot of teams
That or a ruthless DL creating pressure and making the QB uncomfortable and off rhythm. New York Giants vs Tom Brady style. Both 3A and 4A will be fun to watch this year.

I think you’ll see a ton of pressure and blitzes from East Forsyth, Rolesville will need to run the ball somewhat. East is going to bring the house at the Soph QB. They are definitely going to make the QB beat them. On the other hand, if you bring too much pressure on East QB. He will kill you with his legs. Raynor can throw as well as anybody.

Reactions: Warhead1
I think you’ll see a ton of pressure and blitzes from East Forsyth, Rolesville will need to run the ball somewhat. East is going to bring the house at the Soph QB. They are definitely going to make the QB beat them. On the other hand, if you bring too much pressure on East QB. He will kill you with his legs. Raynor can throw as well as anybody.
On the other hand, Rolesville, #1 player in NC, 6-foot-3, 70 passes for 1,432 yards and 22 touchdowns last season. Is he not playing or something? Or are you just covering the strengths of EF. 🤷🏾‍♂️

On the other hand, Rolesville, #1 player in NC, 6-foot-3, 70 passes for 1,432 yards and 22 touchdowns last season. Is he not playing or something? Or are you just covering the strengths of EF. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I was mainly talking about East strategy and If East applies a lot of defensive pressure on the Soph. QB, then the Ohio State WR commit is going to struggle to get the ball through the air.
I think you have to get him involved in the run game with reverses and end arounds; I believe he can take those to the house when East over pursues.

Last edited:
I was mainly talking about East strategy and If East applies a lot of defensive pressure on the Soph. QB, then the Ohio State WR commit is going to struggle to get the ball through the air.
I think you have to get him involved in the run game with reverses and end arounds and I believe he can take those to the house when East over pursues.
The Tamarcus Cooley Wr, NC state commit is pretty electric also. Lot of good games in the State this week. This should be a good one.

Reactions: Veejay4 and New3ra
EF scores on opening drive - converts long pass on 4th and 9 from around the 30. Missed 2pt conversion

EF 6-0

Another holding penalty. The 5th on East. 4 coming after scores or big plays... Hmmm.

They’ve had about 5-6 holding calls on last two drives and it cost them. Looks like interior lineman - hard to tell.

EF 9-0 end of 1st qtr. Raynor looks real good.

I'm going to need EF to retire these uniforms after this season. I don't know if they got a bad batch, but those jerseys are too big for them kids lol. The previous UA ones looked and fit better.

Rolesville don't look like they came to play at all. I thought EF was a better team, but it's 29-0 right now and I can say I didn't expect this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT