ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth at NW Guilford

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
This game is a tough one for me as a fan of High School Football. Some of you know that I have been a follower of NW Guilford football since the early 80's. I really got close to some of the coaches and administration in the late 2000s during the Coach Woodruff era. When Woodruff left the program for Michigan it wasn't the same as many around the NWG football team know. When NWGs best young defensive coach Aaron Beal left for East Forsyth we knew it was the end of and era for NWG and myself and a few other fans started following East. Watching Beal leave NW and win a couple State Championships at East was really cool. Some of us all kind of hoped he would come back at some time but I can't say I blame him. They are having a ton of success over at East Forsyth. With all that said I'm pulling for NW Guilford to win Friday but can't wait to see what kind of defense coach Beal and the Eagles put on the field.

I think NWG jumps out early but East Forsyth just takes over in the 2nd half and wins.

East Forsyth 34
NWG 20

Anyone else have any thoughts on this game? I know many have said it will be a blow out and it could be but NWG is going to be fired up and ready to play. All in All I can't wait to watch some HS Football!

East probably has a bit more speed and athleticism at the skill positions. I like EF in this one.

ps. i wish ef and page still played each other.
Yes was always a good match up. I remember being at the game vs Page in 2015 and it came down to intercept and taking a knee for East to win 31-30. Page had a killer squad that year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT