ADVERTISEMENT

East Duplin @ West Craven

Otis4411

Jan 30, 2003
Will update score at end of each qtr unless an ED fan wants to do any play by play. Feel free to do so here.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
SWE up 20-12. 6 of their 12 came from a kick off return. If these are everyone's favorites in the east, then we should be favorites to win it all lol. I think everyone over hyped NC. Either we look great or they look horrible. Even if they come back to win, I'd still think that they don't look as good as everyone thought.

SWE up 20-12. 6 of their 12 came from a kick off return. If these are everyone's favorites in the east, then we should be favorites to win it all lol. I think everyone over hyped NC. Either we look great or they look horrible. Even if they come back to win, I'd still think that they don't look as good as everyone thought.
I’m not there, but everyone is entitled to having a bad night, right?

Maybe they lost some linemen
Maybe some guys are injured, or transferred, or simply not playing this year but they should have a lot returning looking at last year's roster...they did lose one of their dynamic, big play RBs but have the other one back, defense also lost some great players but should have a lot of experienced guys back

Congrats to WC. I knew this one would be a good one. Hate I missed it

ED will be fine. Need to work out some kinks on defense if we want to be in the hunt later on down the road.
I’m not sure I meant to ask before I left but by the time we got all the equipment put up I just forgot but I think #39 must of had some type of injury. I never saw him down or leaving the field but I don’t remember seeing him in the game since early in the 1st qtr. if so that was a big loss. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. It’s big for us to beat a Duplin County team. We know football reins in Duplin County.

I’m not sure I meant to ask before I left but by the time we got all the equipment put up I just forgot but I think #39 must of had some type of injury. I never saw him down or leaving the field but I don’t remember seeing him in the game since early in the 1st qtr. if so that was a big loss. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. It’s big for us to beat a Duplin County team. We know football reins in Duplin County.
Yes 39 went down on his 2nd carry. 3 also when down in the second half both looked to be ankle injuries. Both both probably getting X-rays tonight or tomorrow.

Otis that was one of the best individual performances I have seen in a long time by West Craven QB last night. The kid was throwing dimes and running like wild. ED put some big hits on him and didn't seem to faze him. I thought one time what have they done when and dressed out Lamar Jackson 🤣. Really great performance.

Last edited:
Yes 39 went down on his 2nd carry. 3 also when down in the second half both looked to be ankle injuries. Both both probably getting X-rays tonight or tomorrow.
I hope he is ok and able to play next week. I don’t know how I missed his injury. I knew he would be a handful after seeing him in West Brunswick.

Reactions: oldway55
Otis,
Congrats on your win but probably if 39 plays it's a different story.

And I will be the first to tell you that power ratings this time of year are an educated guess at best. It's too early. Good luck to your Eagles this season.
It’s all good but yea they look at this stuff. Thanks for replying and being a great sport. I appreciate what you do and the time you put into this. I’m ok with being the under dog each week. Keep em motivated!!

Otis that was one of the best individual performances I have seen in a long time by West Craven QB last night. The kid was throwing dimes and running like wild. ED put some big hits on him and didn't seem to faze him. I thought one time what have they done when and dressed out Lamar Jackson 🤣. Really great performance.
I think last night was his best performance since he started varsity last year. He is a junior this year and I think last night he asserted himself the best athlete on our team. ED had him trapped inside the five last night and when he spun and was able to make the corner and take it 95 yds was jaw dropping. Some of his passes were just a little off and high. I think knowing he was playing against ED had him trying too hard at times. I was blown away with how our defense played and seemed to get better as they went against that misdirection. I was serious with what I told you before the game. I had no idea how we would handle the run. But we got a couple back from injury and they must of had a great week of practice. We have 2 tough ones coming up and Hopefully we can get through them healthy. Winning them isn’t as important. We need to be healthy in conf play.

Losing QB Zach Brown for the season is a huge loss but then Davis went down during the game and it was too much to overcome. No excuses, injuries are a part of the game. East Duplin has to get better on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT