ADVERTISEMENT

East don't matter?

Most eastern teams still run their offenses like it’s 2003. I have no idea why that’s the case, but they just haven’t evolved to modern football like the west. Cities like Fayetteville have tons of talent, but the way their teams are run leaves a lot to be desired.

.....or 1987

I was at the game from before warm-ups. Seeing them take the field without pads you could tell that physically Weddington was more developed. You could tell that they were putting in extra work, across the board. Having seen some of the kids on the West teams over the last few years (Charlotte and Greensboro/Wimston-Salem), football is a 24/7 thing for the kids that do well and the teams that win. I have also been around kids that played at East schools and there is a difference in how the kids approach the game.

Here is what my friend Mike Propst said when I moved to Raleigh. A lot of places in the East still stuck in 1985. The reason is not too many people will move to a lot of places between Raleigh and wilmington . I have coached in both the East and the west and you see A lot more wing t and triple option out here than back west. Raleigh your biggest country out here really could care less about high school athletics. Where Charlotte Winston and Greensboro does .. Lastly the Sandhills conference is not what it once was so there is no dominant team there anymore when back in the 1990’s you had several.
I was at the game from before warm-ups. Seeing them take the field without pads you could tell that physically Weddington was more developed. You could tell that they were putting in extra work, across the board. Having seen some of the kids on the West teams over the last few years (Charlotte and Greensboro/Wimston-Salem), football is a 24/7 thing for the kids that do well and the teams that win. I have also been around kids that played at East schools and there is a difference in how the kids approach the game.
I thnk also coaches and players out west also go to more clinics, camps, and workshops to improve their schemes and techniques. Out east they're slow to evolve in that way it seems.

Reactions: justchilln
Many 4A and 3A eastern teams are not run only teams. I would say the 2A and 1A certainly are run oriented teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT